Brexit

Smitty-48

Re: Brexit

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:48 pm

I mean, it can very quickly escalate to far more intense than the skirmishing that is going on now.

As I say, let slip the Ulster Paramilitaries, that's your Reb Menace in Britannia.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:49 pm

As I told you: Parliament is the true enemy, not the crown. It's always been Parliament that keeps going off the rails and killing people.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:51 pm

It's like the guy in NZ shooting up the mosque?

Small beer.

When Ulster Paramilitaries strike, they level whole city blocks.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:52 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:49 pm
As I told you: Parliament is the true enemy, not the crown. It's always been Parliament that keeps going off the rails and killing people.
No. It's the Crown. The Queen's Peace. That is the lever. Speech banning. Gun grabbing. Muslim Hugging.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:56 pm

Haumana wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:12 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:11 pm
I repeat. I know their arguments but I don't understand them. They make little sense.
Make their best case then and then tear it down.
I've been doing that since this thread started.

Immigration-
Immigration will not decrease as a result of Brexit. We have our lowest unemployment rates in decades. Industries such as agriculture and healthcare rely on immigration to fill the vacancies. The first Brexit secretary Dave Davis said as much only weeks after the vote. He stated that immigration from Europe would not decrease for years as it was essential to the economy.

Trade
''Britain can make its own trade deals once we leave and they will be to our advantage''
False, Britain is in a much better position with reference to international trade as a part of the worlds largest trading block. New trade deals can take years to agree on and uncertainty in the meantime has a massive detrimental effect on investment. This is reflected in the crash in the value of the pound since the vote.

Return of sovereignty
False, Brexiteer myth. Sovereignty was never lost as demonstrated by our refusal to join the Euro zone or be a part of the Schengen agreement. Both EU policies which we rejected through Parliamentary supremacy.

Return to controlling our own borders.
False, we never lost control of our borders as demonstrated by the tiny number of refugees which make it into the country. Also demonstrated by the Sangatte refugee camp where those unable to get to the UK spent months trying and failing until it was shut down by the authorities.

Britain will be better off economically after we leave.
False. The government reports on the effects of leaving were so damning that they tried to suppress their release. Especially leaving without a deal.

£350 million per week to spend on the NHS.
Outright lie on the side of a bus. The figure didn't take into account the rebate we receive from the EU amounting to around £70 million a week or the money we receive from the EU for infrastructure investment, agricultural subsidies and investment in deprived areas, nor were there any guarantees that the money would be spent on the NHS. Nor did it represent the economic benefits which we gain as an EU member which outnumbers the amount we pay into the EU.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:58 pm

Congress is a parliament.

The thing that separates the American Republic from the United Kingdom, is still the British Crown.

They are not a republic.

They have no written constitution.

The Queen's Peace is the mechanism of tyranny which America overthrew.

Speech Banning. Gun grabbing. Muslim Hugging.

All justified, to keep the Queen's Peace.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:59 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:52 pm
No. It's the Crown. The Queen's Peace. That is the lever. Speech banning. Gun grabbing. Muslim Hugging.
It was Parliament who did those things to the colonies. Our beef with the king was that he refused to reign those fuckers in.

Personally, I think the revolutionary myth most Americans were indoctrinated with is total bs. Our ancestors rebelled against parliament. They wanted to live free from distant bureaucrats and would-be tyrants. They actually had that for a few years until Yankee urbanites managed the counter-revolution in the convention.

But ever since, they had to create this myth about how it was the evil king behind everything when a cursory glance at historical facts indicates it was always parliament. We even had wig allies in parliament trying to stop it, but to no avail.

And what could the king do? Those maniacs had just murdered a king only a century prior. They'd do it again. They would do it again right now too.

The shit that my ancestors fought against was not very unlike what the typical Englishmen endures today in England. It's coming full circle, man.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:00 pm

StCapps wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:14 pm
Haumana wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:12 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:11 pm
I repeat. I know their arguments but I don't understand them. They make little sense.
Make their best case then and then tear it down.
You know his version of their "best case" will simply be an idiotic strawman that contains only their worst arguments, so he can easily write them off without much thought.
*yip*

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:02 pm

Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:59 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:52 pm
It was Parliament who did those things to the colonies. Our beef with the king was that he refused to reign those fuckers in.

Personally, I think the revolutionary myth most Americans were indoctrinated with is total bs. Our ancestors rebelled against parliament. They wanted to live free from distant bureaucrats and would-be tyrants. They actually had that for a few years until Yankee urbanites managed the counter-revolution in the convention.

But ever since, they had to create this myth about how it was the evil king behind everything when a cursory glance at historical facts indicates it was always parliament. We even had wig allies in parliament trying to stop it, but to no avail.

And what could the king do? Those maniacs had just murdered a king only a century prior. They'd do it again. They would do it again right now too.

The shit that my ancestors fought against was not very unlike what the typical Englishmen endures today in England. It's coming full circle, man.
The Parliament did it to keep the The King's Peace, that is how they justified it.
/shrugs
Last edited by StCapps on Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:03 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:58 pm
Congress is a parliament.

The thing that separates the American Republic from the United Kingdom, is still the British Crown.

They are not a republic.

They have no written constitution.

The Queen's Peace is the mechanism of tyranny which America overthrew.

Speech Banning. Gun grabbing. Muslim Hugging.

All justified, to keep the Queen's Peace.
Yeah, and we have the same enemy all over again, dude. Congress does not, and has never, represented the will of the people. Quite the opposite, really. It's all a farce of tyranny disguised as "democracy".