Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:45 pm

So?

clubgop

Re: Moral Hazard

Post by clubgop » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:47 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:45 pm
So?
You need bags to replace the ones you lopped off.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:21 pm

Supporting blompf right now? Nah

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:22 pm

UBI is actually a cool idea now that I think about it. If it were to remove the gibs plantation like it is intended I see no reason not to support it. I'm a one issue voter now. Fuck you, pay me.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:32 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:22 pm
UBI is actually a cool idea now that I think about it. If it were to remove the gibs plantation like it is intended I see no reason not to support it. I'm a one issue voter now. Fuck you, pay me.
Get dat blang.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Fife

Moral Hazard

Post by Fife » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:28 am

Speaking of moral hazard . . .

The current DNC primary is a fantastic example of the disastrous results of moral hazard.

The camel has his nose under the tent now on student loan "forgiveness."

The message could not possibly be more clear: "Vote for me for POTUS and I'll sign a bill to instantly vanish your student loan payment and obligation. YOU, YOUR personal bill will be taken care of by ME, in exchange for your vote."

What is the incentive now? Should I pay my own way or get a job, or should I go for the max loan I can get, using whatever I can get to pay for school as needed, but also for nice housing, a new car, vacations, clothes, drugs, steak dinner, whatev? :think:

The entire DNC primary is a prime example of how democracy crashes civilization.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/robertfarr ... db343364cf

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:35 am

You are confusing what you want with how things really are. Those student loans are not getting paid. This is a huge problem that we have to figure out how to handle.

The moral debate was lost when we allowed banks to lend this shit out, offshored the jobs, and then flooded the blue collar labor market with Mexicans. Right now we have to discuss how to deal with the damage.

Your demanding people pay back all these student loans is actually the delusional farce here, not people talking about ways of deflating the bubble before it's too late.

Also, the student loan impasse is the greatest leverage Millennials have against the corporataucracy to affect some kind of compromise on immigration and job offshoring. If Congress wants to continue waging war on the American people, then my suggestion to the Millennials is to stop paying debts and watch it burn.

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:53 am

You're talking about the outstanding debt. And, no fucking shit big-brain-on-Brett you're a smart motherfucker, that's right--that shit AIN'T getting paid back.

This discussion is about moral hazard, and the future of free-college-shit-forever-amen. Moral hazard is about *future* behavior. These DNC twats want to pretend the whole problem wasn't created by the government in the first place, while promising unlimited gibs from the government to make it all better. The "moral hazard" discussion is about how the state fucks up incentives beyond all repair. (Which they did plenty of to get us to this point in the first place, of course.)

Now if you want to start a thread about how student loan debt is NOT getting paid back--ever--I'll jump right in there. A massive, bloody, correction is what the country must have to survive this shit. However, the coming bailout by Bernie, or Fauxcahantas, or whoever, is going to make 2008 and "too big to fail" look like a Sunday School picnic.
Last edited by Fife on Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:03 am

The optimal strategy is to go for max student loan with the intention of never repaying a single dime.

The banks are going for maximal usury and debt imprisonment.

The corporations are going for maximal job offshoring.

The democrats are going to maximal nonwhite immigration.

Get what you can while it collapses. To do otherwise is stupid.

Put that surplus student loan disbursement into crypto and gold. Keep your options open for getting the fuck out of here.

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:07 am

Precisely.

Moral hazard is bad juju. Very very bad juju. It causes people to -- quite rationally -- do things that will destroy civilization as surely as a few thousand H-bombs and some EMPs would do.

Between securing the bags, free college, free debt forgiveness, and "healthcare" as a human right, and whatever other gibs they can dream up, it's all that the DNC has to peddle.

Oh that, and endless war around the globe in support of the war dogs.