The Intellectual Dark Web

Speaker to Animals

Re: The Intellectual Dark Web

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:34 pm

It's absolutely fucking scorched earth too..

AI could easily replace most bureaucratic jobs. We don't need to pay people to manage public housing accounts. We can automate at least half of government bureaucracy, leaving only a skeleton crew of human to handle disputes.

We could automate most of education. I mean.. pay teachers to develop content that kids consume, but have AI actually figure out how each kid individually learns and tailor lesson plans to maximize educational attainment by the child. For instance, an AI can watch how a child solves math problems over and over as it teaches him, including following his eyes to make inferences about what he is thinking, and then come up with the most natural heuristics for that kid to solve math problems instead of these common core boilerplate heuristics.

What exactly do the shekel cucks on Wall Street do that an expert system can't do for free?

What I see are a lot of yoyos who think they are somehow immune to the automation, and figure fuck it I got mine, so fuck everybody else, I ain't paying for shit. Well, bucko, unless you are a fucking pipe fitter or a carpenter, you definitely don't got yours. You are on the chopping block too. LOL

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:35 pm

Spartan UBI is not an ideology, it's a destiny.
Nec Aspera Terrent

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:39 pm

I think that MLM will solve the post scarcity unemployment problem. After all, when you sell Amway or Primerica shit you are actually your own boss. The only thing holding you back from achieving financial success is your own inability to market the numerous products and services they offer. The key is to be an upline, not a downline. A lot of this stuff is technical in nature and if anyone has any questions send me a pm and I will happily welcome you to the Amway family. Our goal is to have a self sufficient micro economy where every adult in America makes a living by getting others to sign up for Amway. You recruit me, I'll recruit you. We're all in this together, and the sky is the limit to what we can accomplish. I'm planning on getting my credit score in the high 4's by the end of 2024.
Last edited by heydaralon on Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shikata ga nai

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:39 pm

Then you have the clownshoes who keep repeating that ridiculous anti-luddite argument: just because automation replaces jobs, man, doesn't mean there won't be new jobs created by the automation, like building the robots, man..

Automation automates even the design and construction of robots and artificial intelligence systems that do the automating. LOL

Like I said: scorched earth. Capitalism has to transition.
Last edited by Speaker to Animals on Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:40 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:34 pm
We can automate at least half of government bureaucracy, leaving only a skeleton crew of human to handle disputes.
Case in point, we can shut down non-essential government for over a month and no one cares.
Yet all those jobs still exist, in spite of no one needing them.

Having technology capable of performing a task doesn't eliminate unnecessary jobs.
The word 'AI' doesn't change that.
We have plenty of people employed in unnecessary jobs right now.
Last edited by DBTrek on Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:40 pm

The transition is that you no longer make war by economy but rather by generalship alone.

America is already most of the way there.

The Golden Era of World War Two to the Moonshot was Spartan UBI, so it's already been done in nascent form.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:43 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:40 pm
Speaker to Animals wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:34 pm
We can automate at least half of government bureaucracy, leaving only a skeleton crew of human to handle disputes.
Case in point, we can shut down non-essential government for over a month and no one cares.
Yet all those jobs still exist, in spite of no one needing them.

Having technology capable of performing a task doesn't eliminate unnecessary jobs.
The word 'AI' doesn't change that.
We have plenty of people employed in unnecessary jobs right now.
YES IT DOES.

As long as we connect your ability to live a fruitful life to your access to a job, we are going to have problems on the current trajectory. When people get replaced by automated systems, there won't be jobs for all of them to transition to. Automation creep is a real thing. We are only in nascent stages of it now, so discussing how to mitigate it is an important issue.

Two broad transitional solutions:

(1) hand out UBI checks
(2) Put people to work solving difficult problems

(1) results in the future welfare state dystopia. (2) gets us to the post-scarcity economic system a century down the line without the dystopia, while possibly saving our asses from catastrophes.
Last edited by Speaker to Animals on Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:43 pm

Humanity has transitioned from hunter/gatherer, to agriculturalists, to industrialists, to technologists, and survived each transition by finding new careers which adapt to the current environment.

... yet people are trying to mock the inevitability of human adaptation as some kind of ignorant argument when it has been one of the few constants of our existence since time immemorial.

/shrug

Doomsayers, they never learn.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:44 pm

It's not a doom, none the less, jobs have only been around since the industrial revolution, they're not actually some ancient thing, most of human economy has been based on slavery, jobs just appeared recently and they are disappearing as the industrialization is.
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:45 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:43 pm
Humanity has transitioned from hunter/gatherer, to agriculturalists, to industrialists, to technologists, and survived each transition by finding new careers which adapt to the current environment.

... yet people are trying to mock the inevitability of human adaptation as some kind of ignorant argument when it has been one of the few constants of our existence since time immemorial.

/shrug

Doomsayers, they never learn.
Yeah, this is a fallacious argument again. There is nothing to compare this to.

In the paleolithic, when there were too many people, humans went to war and culled the excess population. That's Smitty's Spartan UBI.

No "revolution" in human history is comparable to what is going to happen in this century.