What are you watching?

Penner

Re: What are you watching?

Post by Penner » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:05 pm

California wrote:This show might be the funniest thing I've seen since Vice Principals

https://www.netflix.com/title/80028732
I saw the first season when it came out but I have been procrastinating on catching up on all new Netflix series.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:26 pm

The best good show that everyone watches is back. Dragonstone is a far more important location than previously thought, if only a certain someone could have survived long enough, he'd be sitting pretty right about now, but some fire lady lead him astray and he made some dumb calls.
*yip*

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:10 am

I just saw a commercial for a Midnight Texas show starting on NBC on Monday. I've been enjoying the book series so I am going to check it out
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Penner

Post by Penner » Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:01 pm

California wrote:I just saw a commercial for a Midnight Texas show starting on NBC on Monday. I've been enjoying the book series so I am going to check it out
I think I am going to wait on that and see how it does before I check it out. Can you come back and post your thoughts on the show once you see it?

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:06 pm

Penner wrote:
California wrote:I just saw a commercial for a Midnight Texas show starting on NBC on Monday. I've been enjoying the book series so I am going to check it out
I think I am going to wait on that and see how it does before I check it out. Can you come back and post your thoughts on the show once you see it?
Sure

I have to remember to record it because I usually do most of my TV watching online at work

I've never tried to watch a network show online
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:18 pm

Y'all owe doc loliday an apology.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:33 pm

Turned the TV on while I'm doing an estimate. A Mountain Between US is on.

A dude and chick crash land on a mountain in the Idaho Wilderness. Chick hurts her leg in the crash. Dude helps her. Dude goes to high ground to scout stuff out. Chick rests. Dude returns, gets some rest. Then Chick takes the teams supplies and starts to walk out by herself. I guess it's supposed to show how brave and fearless she is, but she's just stupid and selfish IMO.

Dude catches up to Chick who is struggling through the snow and helps her. Chick later falls through the ice on the walk out. Dude saves her, gets her to a cabin, nurses her back to health. Pretty sure they will fall in love and hump in the wilderness like rabid mink soon.

It's clear they are highlighting the chick, but she comes off as stupid and nearly helpless. The show only reinforces traditional gender roles.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:57 pm

That's a tough path towards fucking like animals in the woods.

While I am generally receptive to wild sexy time in the national forests, absolutely nothing about a plane crash and an obstinate woman trying to get killed give me even half a chub in anticipation. I can literally go find a hippie chick to bang in the woods without have to crash a plane.

No way I can relate to the protagonist here.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:15 pm

I just saw Alita. That movie is incredible.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:19 pm

This movie is not optional.