Denmark
33%
Chad
53%

Total votes: 15

Smitty-48

Re: Where would you rather live?

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:12 pm

Frankly, with the arrival of F-35 Panther to the European Theater, America doesn't need NATO anymore, the danger now is that somebody will take the F-35 and go over to the offensive against Ivan, wherein he would have to invoke his strategic deterrent.

You want out, no problemo, Lockheed Martin provides.

A highway of death which deters Ivan, without any REFORGER at all.

Joint Air Dominance at arms length, not one American boot on the ground.

You're welcome.

Stop bashing us in the media, we are working for the Declaration of Independence preamble, make no mistake.

We are not the enemy.

We arm people so they can defend themselves from the enemies of freedom, without the US Army getting involved.

What do you want?
Nec Aspera Terrent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:54 pm

F-35 for arctic operations? LMFAO

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:49 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:48 pm
clubgop wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:46 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:20 am
If I was going Scandinavian it would be Norway not Denmark. I've been to Denmark and it was nice 40 years ago but Norway is much prettier.
If I was going sub Saharan Africa it would be Ghana not Chad. Very Anglophile with great music and lots of English speakers.
However, Norway is too cold and Ghana is too hot so I'm staying put in the UK until I retire then I'm off to France on an Irish EU passport.
Do you know how easy it would be to invade Norway, they have very few defenses.
It's all about terrain. I've been there. Nobody is blitzkrieging Norway, certainly not Mr. Ivan.

Quite the opposite, Norway is the launch pad for NATO to try to take the submarine pens at Murmansk, Ivan would be full defensive and hard pressed, none the less, due to terrain, NATO wouldn't be able to blitzkrieg him neither.

Expected outcome, no resolution, stalemate on the northern flank, blocking position.
I appreciate all that and I believe you. What I said is a meme.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:53 pm

clubgop wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:49 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
clubgop wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:46 pm

Do you know how easy it would be to invade Norway, they have very few defenses.
It's all about terrain. I've been there. Nobody is blitzkrieging Norway, certainly not Mr. Ivan.

Quite the opposite, Norway is the launch pad for NATO to try to take the submarine pens at Murmansk, Ivan would be full defensive and hard pressed, none the less, due to terrain, NATO wouldn't be able to blitzkrieg him neither.

Expected outcome, no resolution, stalemate on the northern flank, blocking position.
I appreciate that, but just saying, Norway and LockMart, we are actually the good guys, Norway is not a joiner, they don't trust NATO, they don't like the EU, they would much prefer a bilateral relationship, wherein America just arms the shit out of them to defend themselves, in return, if America feels the need to drive on Murmansk, as part of a NATO operation, or just an American operation, they are standing by.
Nec Aspera Terrent

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:57 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:53 pm
clubgop wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:49 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:

I appreciate that, but just saying, Norway and LockMart, we are actually the good guys, Norway is not a joiner, they don't trust NATO, they don't like the EU, they would much prefer a bilateral relationship, wherein America just arms the shit out of them to defend themselves, in return, if America feels the need to drive on Murmansk, as part of a NATO operation, or just an American operation, they are standing by.
Do your part, sub to pewds. Dont be a bitch lasagna.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:59 pm

Norway is actually a spectacularly beautiful place, governed by spectacularly civilized people, the deal breaker for me, is that it is spectacularly expensive, one night down at the pub, and you are falling back on the Amex card, because beers are like $14 each,
Nec Aspera Terrent

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:05 pm

I paid $4 last night for well rum, and $3 for Bud back. The down side is that though my wife & I had a great time at the club, I fell right to sleep when we got home after midnight. I assume she had to resort to the vibrator.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:08 pm

I will go to Europe for two reasons. The Autobahn. Andalusia. That is all.

Otherwise, I only have eyes for America, at the foot of the Lord himself, in the freest fuckin' state in the Union, and so the freest fuckin' state on earth, the great state of Nevada.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:11 pm

3 years in Nevada, and though it was short, it was my formative years. Too bad the weather sucks. (Not sucky like Canada though.)
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:15 pm

beers are like $14 each,
Burn it down