Re: Social Justice Warriors Thread

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:04 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:00 pm
Speaker to Animals wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:52 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:38 am

Funny, I don't see you complaining about Fox News's biases.
If you think that blog sites are any less biased you are fooling yourself.

Fox News is propaganda too, dumbass. They are a globalist dumpster fire run by a shady Aussie.
OK, that's good that you say that.
Now explain how Breitbart isn't the propaganda wing of the ''alt-right''.
Brightbeirt is Boomer ISIS

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:05 pm

Monte you are ignoring the fact that CNN and their ilk are positing that they are the only professional serious journalists that are giving you the facts.

It's very clear by their reporting over the last 3 years that they are not a serious, professional organization of Journalists. Ever heard of Journalistic Ethics ?

1. Truth and Accuracy
Journalists cannot always guarantee ‘truth’, but getting the facts right is the cardinal principle of journalism. We should always strive for accuracy, give all the relevant facts we have and ensure that they have been checked. When we cannot corroborate information we should say so.
2. Independence
Journalists must be independent voices; we should not act, formally or informally, on behalf of special interests whether political, corporate or cultural. We should declare to our editors – or the audience – any of our political affiliations, financial arrangements or other personal information that might constitute a conflict of interest.
3. Fairness and Impartiality
Most stories have at least two sides. While there is no obligation to present every side in every piece, stories should be balanced and add context. Objectivity is not always possible, and may not always be desirable (in the face for example of brutality or inhumanity), but impartial reporting builds trust and confidence.
4. Humanity
Journalists should do no harm. What we publish or broadcast may be hurtful, but we should be aware of the impact of our words and images on the lives of others.
5. Accountability
A sure sign of professionalism and responsible journalism is the ability to hold ourselves accountable. When we commit errors we must correct them and our expressions of regret must be sincere not cynical. We listen to the concerns of our audience. We may not change what readers write or say but we will always provide remedies when we are unfair.

That's why the Anti-Trump Media are not trustworthy news organizations.

AND, HOW IN THE FUCK DO YOU SQUARE CNN WORKING IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE FBI IN THE STONE RAID ?
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:10 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:49 am
A free press is one which is allowed to report without hindrance from authority.
Refusing major organisations access to press conferences, refusing to answer questions from those who are critical and dismissing negative press as fake news are all hindrances.
Where is the law that states someone is bound to answer any question from the press? People have "no comment " all the time. The press doesn't get to run around and demand whatever they please.
Montegriffo wrote:
Story selection is inherent bias but both sides do that. I might ask ''where are Fox news's reports about the positive aspects of immigration?''
The positive aspects of immigration are mentioned all the time on Fox. It's the illegal part people take issue with.
Montegriffo wrote:
CNN is not duty bound to run positive stories about Trump anymore than Fox was duty bound to run positive stories about Obama.
The responsibility and duty of the media is to not lie or distort the truth.
The media have been failing in epic fashion at both for a wile now.

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:16 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:25 am
It's ridiculous that you expect the Liberal media to search for and report positive stories about Trump. It would be just as ridiculous to expect the RW media to report positive stories about the Democrats.
If you want to read about the RW perspective you can find it on Fox, if you want to read the Liberal perspective you can find it on CNN. If you want to work out the truth you'll have to read both.
What happened to not distorting the truth? Reporting one side is exactly that. The big lie is that these "news' organizations call themselves unbiased. That is deception. That is distorting the truth. Fox included. They just happen to be the 1 MSM outlet that is RW, while all the rest are LW. How is it ridiculous to expect our "journalists" to report news regardless of whether or not it makes a certain person or group look good or bad?

So where do you go for the truth? Which of your UK based organizations are unbiased? You seem to like linking to the Guardian. Do you find them to be truthful and unbiased?

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:30 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:05 pm
Monte you are ignoring the fact that CNN and their ilk are positing that they are the only professional serious journalists that are giving you the facts.

It's very clear by their reporting over the last 3 years that they are not a serious, professional organization of Journalists. Ever heard of Journalistic Ethics ?

1. Truth and Accuracy
Journalists cannot always guarantee ‘truth’, but getting the facts right is the cardinal principle of journalism. We should always strive for accuracy, give all the relevant facts we have and ensure that they have been checked. When we cannot corroborate information we should say so.
2. Independence
Journalists must be independent voices; we should not act, formally or informally, on behalf of special interests whether political, corporate or cultural. We should declare to our editors – or the audience – any of our political affiliations, financial arrangements or other personal information that might constitute a conflict of interest.
3. Fairness and Impartiality
Most stories have at least two sides. While there is no obligation to present every side in every piece, stories should be balanced and add context. Objectivity is not always possible, and may not always be desirable (in the face for example of brutality or inhumanity), but impartial reporting builds trust and confidence.
4. Humanity
Journalists should do no harm. What we publish or broadcast may be hurtful, but we should be aware of the impact of our words and images on the lives of others.
5. Accountability
A sure sign of professionalism and responsible journalism is the ability to hold ourselves accountable. When we commit errors we must correct them and our expressions of regret must be sincere not cynical. We listen to the concerns of our audience. We may not change what readers write or say but we will always provide remedies when we are unfair.

That's why the Anti-Trump Media are not trustworthy news organizations.

AND, HOW IN THE FUCK DO YOU SQUARE CNN WORKING IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE FBI IN THE STONE RAID ?
I wouldn't endorse CNN claiming they are ''the only professional serious journalists that are giving you the facts''. That's clearly bollocks.
Nor would I square them working in conjunction with the FBI.
Please try not to put words in my mouth. I work hard enough to defend the things I do actually say without having to waste time defending things I've never said.

That code of ethics is admirable but if you can give me an example of anyone who complies with it fully I'd be amazed.
This is why I give you a hard time about GP. They clearly don't comply with any of those ideals. That you would compare them favourably with the MSM frankly baffles me.
I'm not particularly supportive of The Guardian because their bias is too far to the left for me but I'd consider their journalistic standards higher than those of GP who I consider to be nothing more than a conspiracy theory endorsing outrage blog.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:32 pm

It's called gateway PUNDIT :doh:
PLATA O PLOMO

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:34 pm

The good, the true, & the beautiful

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:41 pm

Rip. Never forget the old age they stole from him.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:03 pm

They truly want to tear down all traditional American Icons. Here's what happens when you stand by and watch Confederate Statues being torn down.
PLATA O PLOMO

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:05 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:03 pm
They truly want to tear down all traditional American Icons. Here's what happens when you stand by and watch Confederate Statues being torn down.