Re: Feminism

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:01 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:48 pm
Speaker to Animals wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:42 pm
heydaralon wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:32 pm

The comedy specials on there are pure fucking cancer. You think you have seen shitty comedy, but you haven't until you watch a NetFlix special.
Dude, last time I went down this road, I had to sit there for over an hour with that failed comedian that took over the Daily Show talking about how horrible white people are and how white racism is this huge problem for black people especially. Eventually I couldn't stand it any longer and showed her images of the genocide his own Bantu people are perpetrating in South Africa. It was truly unbelievable that this guy would go on there and talk about all these supposedly racist things white people do to poor innocent blacks, and fail to mention -- oh by the way -- his people are trying to genocide whites.
Yeah man, my ex loved all those POS late night shows and comedy "news" shows. Ferguson, Meyers, Oliver, Noah etc. She would also watch SNL. I have never found any of that shit funny. People always have put SNL on this pedestal, but is just low hanging fruit, middlebrow sewage. There was a great thread on here that discussed the formula for their comedy and how eerily similar it was to propaganda techniques/psychological programming.

If you want comedy that is actually edgy and hilarious, check out million dollar extreme on youtube.
Honestly, in the beginning of the standup, it was not political at all. He was talking about a trip to Indonesia or some shit. I actually laughed a little with the story about the cobra attacking that dude and then going after the audience. I think he does have some talent buried down in there somewhere, but he's working for the DNC, not for laughs.

Fife

Post by Fife » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:18 am

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:28 am

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:04 pm

She's like a man. She's not playing victim at all. Just going in there like a man would. Interesting combination of shit moral compass combined with a rare character.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:45 am

My distrust of the press is so high, when I see someone like her under attack by the press my first instinct is skepticism of the report.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:51 am

Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:04 pm

She's like a man. She's not playing victim at all. Just going in there like a man would. Interesting combination of shit moral compass combined with a rare character.
C-Mag wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:45 am
My distrust of the press is so high, when I see someone like her under attack by the press my first instinct is skepticism of the report.
I think the press is happy to have someone to throw under the bus for that debacle. Holmes knows what is best for her. Her job is to take the full blame.
http://fortune.com/2015/10/15/theranos-board-leadership/ wrote: Let’s take a look at Theranos’ 12-person board (which is an 11-man team if you don’t include CEO and Chairwoman Elizabeth Holmes—interesting given her stated commitment to women in STEM). We have former Secretary of State Henry Kissinger, former Secretary of Defense Bill Perry, former Secretary of State George Shultz, former Senators Sam Nunn and Bill Frist (who, it should be noted, is a surgeon), former Navy Admiral Gary Roughead, former Marine Corps General James Mattis, and former CEOs Dick Kovacevich of Wells Fargo and Riley Bechtel of Bechtel. There is also one former epidemiologist—William Foege, and, in addition to Holmes, one current executive, Sunny Balwani, who is Theranos’ president and CEO.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:23 am

Hastur wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:51 am

I think the press is happy to have someone to throw under the bus for that debacle. Holmes knows what is best for her. Her job is to take the full blame.
http://fortune.com/2015/10/15/theranos-board-leadership/ wrote: Let’s take a look at Theranos’ 12-person board (which is an 11-man team if you don’t include CEO and Chairwoman Elizabeth Holmes—interesting given her stated commitment to women in STEM). We have former Secretary of State Henry Kissinger, former Secretary of Defense Bill Perry, former Secretary of State George Shultz, former Senators Sam Nunn and Bill Frist (who, it should be noted, is a surgeon), former Navy Admiral Gary Roughead, former Marine Corps General James Mattis, and former CEOs Dick Kovacevich of Wells Fargo and Riley Bechtel of Bechtel. There is also one former epidemiologist—William Foege, and, in addition to Holmes, one current executive, Sunny Balwani, who is Theranos’ president and CEO.
+1
Good Stuff, and wow, they really loaded up on DC political folks. No wonder she's the only one left to take the blame.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Fife

Post by Fife » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:32 am

Hastur wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:51 am
Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:04 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:45 am

Creepy AF

I posted a few weeks back about Bad Blood.

Carryrou's book is good.

Also, there is a new podcast from ABC Radio on Theranos. http://abcradio.com/podcasts/the-dropout/ Good production, lots of audio from the depositions of the various players.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:30 pm

Ph64

Post by Ph64 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:57 pm

Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:30 pm
AMAZING. :lol: