Joe Rogan (JRE)

TheReal_ND

Re: Joe Rogan (JRE)

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:55 pm

Most class A CDL drivers gross 20-30k their first year and will maybe get a few dozen days off.

Fife

Post by Fife » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:56 pm

Truck drivers get ass-fucked by their bosses all the time also. It's a nasty business.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:57 pm

GloryofGreece wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:54 pm
Most truckers are glorious sub contractors that essentially have mortgage amount loans out on there own and few other trucks as part of their beloved "small business". If fact less than 20 % of truckers are members of a union. Unions are dead. Its not really about whether individual truckers are assholes or criminals or whatever irritates you or anyone else specifically about their abysmal attitudes. What fundamentally matter is that millions of mostly white men are going to likely be jobless pretty soon. Their families will be screwed, but I know i know its for the betterment of society and efficiency in the economy.
I doubt it.
Let’s see semi-truck autopilot work on a coast to coast delivery, before we decide it’s replacing all truckers.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:59 pm

Fife wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:56 pm
Truck drivers get ass-fucked by their bosses all the time also. It's a nasty business.
There is a particular kind of person that owns all moving and transportation industries. Not all but basically all of them

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:01 pm

Fife wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:49 pm
I've been involved in a lot of litigation involving trucking companies over the years. As a class, those guys are mostly as crooked as a barrel of snakes.
Again, most not all are owned by the same kind of people. You are not going to get your money easy from these people at all.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:01 pm

You realize accidents involving negligent semi trucks is on the rise again, right?

I mean.. even then.. it's on the rise from the last peak in 2015, but peak was because the democrats in several states were selling commercial driver's licenses in corruption schemes.

I remember in the early 2000s the Illinois Sec. of State was caught doing that after the second or third fatality from one of his negligent drivers hit the news. It was a minivan full of a large family. They all died.

So if you remove the fatalities from the corruption schemes of the late-90s and early-00s, I am pretty sure you will see a steady rise of negligence.

They are driving a vehicle that is 80 feet long and often loaded down with up to 80,000 lbs of cargo. The drivers are often barely educated, with a rubber-stamped government school high school diploma and some crooked driving school certificate. They are often some of the most reckless drivers on the road. They are often overworked, with insufficient sleep. There are drug and alcohol problems. Crime problems.

Nobody thinks about this shit. That entire industry is absolutely ripe for automation and it should be automated.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:01 pm

Fife wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:49 pm
I've been involved in a lot of litigation involving trucking companies over the years. As a class, those guys are mostly as crooked as a barrel of snakes.
:shock:
BJ and the Bear
Sonny Pruitt
Cletus Snow
Martin 'Rubber Duck' Penwald
:snooty:
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:04 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:01 pm
You realize accidents involving negligent semi trucks is on the rise again, right?

I mean.. even then.. it's on the rise from the last peak in 2015, but peak was because the democrats in several states were selling commercial driver's licenses in corruption schemes.

I remember in the early 2000s the Illinois Sec. of State was caught doing that after the second or third fatality from one of his negligent drivers hit the news. It was a minivan full of a large family. They all died.

So if you remove the fatalities from the corruption schemes of the late-90s and early-00s, I am pretty sure you will see a steady rise of negligence.

They are driving a vehicle that is 80 feet long and often loaded down with up to 80,000 lbs of cargo. The drivers are often barely educated, with a rubber-stamped government school high school diploma and some crooked driving school certificate. They are often some of the most reckless drivers on the road. They are often overworked, with insufficient sleep. There are drug and alcohol problems. Crime problems.

Nobody thinks about this shit. That entire industry is absolutely ripe for automation and it should be automated.
What happens to the 4 million workers in the midterm? UBI? Government reeducation programs...doesn't work...so what exactly?
The good, the true, & the beautiful

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:06 pm

Part of the issue is that a lot of class A CDL drivers are able to pass the test straightaway because they used to drive trucks from their country. Basically all they need to do is go through all the licensing fees, a written test, and a quick driving test which isn't hard to pass. They know how to drive from their countries. But thar doesn't mean they know how to actually drive well. They will just use the cheat sheet for the weights part as well so they may not understand anything at all they just know how to shift gears and back up a trailer. In the US, an actual driving school for class A CDL costs around 3k and is a six week program Monday through Friday. It is not something me or you can just jump into but it is something that a foreigner with very little experience can

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:06 pm

GloryofGreece wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:04 pm

What happens to the 4 million workers in the midterm? UBI? Government reeducation programs...doesn't work...so what exactly?
I don't give a shit. There will be less truck drivers backing up traffic and taking lives on the road. We can retrain them. I don't have any trouble with paying to retrain people.