Joe Rogan (JRE)

DBTrek

Re: Joe Rogan (JRE)

Post by DBTrek » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:43 pm

A lot of truckers are Teamsters/violent Dem goons.
Good luck breaking the Teamsters/AFL with automation while Democrats control as much Federal, state, and local government as they do.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:46 pm

GloryofGreece wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:41 pm
Speaker to Animals wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:37 pm
Honestly, the way the character and behavior of truck drivers in general has devolved over the past twenty years, it would not at all surprise me if they did that in one last final fuck you to America.
A lot of truckers are vets. I mean its not exactly a population you'd want to piss off. I don't know what the "solution" is but it sounds like it will get a lot uglier before it can get better...if it ever does.

Dude, nobody is pissing them off. They are a menace on the interstates and highways of this country.

When I was a kid they were called the "knights of the road". Now they are a fucking menace. I am sure lots of them are decent guys, but the number of cunts in that profession has risen steadily in recent decades. It's really fucking bad out there.

I wasn't just joking about them running people off the roads. They do it on purpose because they don't want to have to wait for all the traffic to pass them for an opening to emerge. If you are driving next to one with your family, and he throws on his turn signal, be prepared for the possibility that motherfucker is going to run you off the road to make that lane change. If your family crashes and dies, he's going to keep on trucking to his destination.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:46 pm

Haumana wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:26 pm
Tim Pool giving Joe Rogan an education. Joe should be ready now if he gets another crack at Dorsey. :popcorn:
I watched a bit of this, need to finish it. I like Tim Pool in this kind of format.
I'm feeling about JRE a little like I feel about Irish steam whistle Hannity. By themselves they are not worthy of listening to, but they tend to have really good guests on. So, ignore the host, stay for the guest.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:47 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:43 pm
A lot of truckers are Teamsters/violent Dem goons.
Good luck breaking the Teamsters/AFL with automation while Democrats control as much Federal, state, and local government as they do.
For real, dude. I don't think people realize how fucked up that profession has become. A lot of these guys are not good people at all.

Fife

Post by Fife » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:49 pm

I've been involved in a lot of litigation involving trucking companies over the years. As a class, those guys are mostly as crooked as a barrel of snakes.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:50 pm

Just ask yourself how many times each week you see a semi driver blasting through a red light. It's probably at least once per week if not more frequently that I see a semi blasting through a red turn arrow because he didn't have enough time to make the turn and doesn't feel like waiting for the next cycle.

We ALL see this ALL the time. If these guys are willing to blast through a red light with a giant fucking truck that is very likely to kill humans in a collision.. imagine the risk we all have from this shit.

Saint Elon Musk, man. Fucking get on with it.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:51 pm

Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:46 pm
GloryofGreece wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:41 pm
Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:37 pm
Honestly, the way the character and behavior of truck drivers in general has devolved over the past twenty years, it would not at all surprise me if they did that in one last final fuck you to America.
A lot of truckers are vets. I mean its not exactly a population you'd want to piss off. I don't know what the "solution" is but it sounds like it will get a lot uglier before it can get better...if it ever does.

Dude, nobody is pissing them off. They are a menace on the interstates and highways of this country.

When I was a kid they were called the "knights of the road". Now they are a fucking menace. I am sure lots of them are decent guys, but the number of cunts in that profession has risen steadily in recent decades. It's really fucking bad out there.

I wasn't just joking about them running people off the roads. They do it on purpose because they don't want to have to wait for all the traffic to pass them for an opening to emerge. If you are driving next to one with your family, and he throws on his turn signal, be prepared for the possibility that motherfucker is going to run you off the road to make that lane change. If your family crashes and dies, he's going to keep on trucking to his destination.
Trucks aren't able to accelerate like cars under load. If they have to brake and lose 10mph it could take them like 15 minutes to get them back. Literally tapping the brakes adds minutes and fucks up traffic behind them for a while because they can't even do 70 in a 75 for a while. That's why they are trying to pass other trucks and taking a long time sometimes. Under load it will take a while to pass and if they don't they will be forced to follow the truck ahead of them for a long time.

Fife

Post by Fife » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:52 pm

Well, they are subjected to such a Kafkaesque regulatory nightmare that they are criminals by definition every day when they wake up.

I don't know if that is what conditions them into a "fuck everybody before they fuck me" mindset, and I don't condone a fuck anybody mindset, but I can certainly understand.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:53 pm

Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:50 pm
Just ask yourself how many times each week you see a semi driver blasting through a red light. It's probably at least once per week if not more frequently that I see a semi blasting through a red turn arrow because he didn't have enough time to make the turn and doesn't feel like waiting for the next cycle.

We ALL see this ALL the time. If these guys are willing to blast through a red light with a giant fucking truck that is very likely to kill humans in a collision.. imagine the risk we all have from this shit.

Saint Elon Musk, man. Fucking get on with it.
Trucks don't stop on a dime and light cycles are not standardized. On highways the change from yellow to red will take a while but in some city areas it's almost instantaneous. Granted, a good trucker should be able to tell the difference based on the road but again, they don't stop on a dime.

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:54 pm

Most truckers are glorious sub contractors that essentially have mortgage amount loans out on there own and few other trucks as part of their beloved "small business". If fact less than 20 % of truckers are members of a union. Unions are dead. Its not really about whether individual truckers are assholes or criminals or whatever irritates you or anyone else specifically about their abysmal attitudes. What fundamentally matter is that millions of mostly white men are going to likely be jobless pretty soon. Their families will be screwed, but I know i know its for the betterment of society and efficiency in the economy.
The good, the true, & the beautiful