The Green Leap Forward

heydaralon

Re: The Green Leap Forward

Post by heydaralon » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:49 am

Wasn't Seattle building some kind of rail system or something that ended up becoming a white elephant monetary blackhole?

The Sunrail in Florida is fun to ride for a date or something, but that thing is usually empty whenever I rode it. Don't know what it cost, but our entire state is geared toward autos not public transit, so even if you get to another part of central florida, you still end up needing to rent a taxi or get on the bus to get there. Pointless. These kinds of projects generally turn into jokes. Amy Schumer jokes.
Shikata ga nai

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:50 am

DBTrek wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:47 am
That’s not a PSI.
You only see children obeying government because you’re constantly navel gazing, staring in a mirror, and talking to yourself.
Assuming arguendo...any different than what you're doing?

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:56 am

Zlaxer wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:50 am
DBTrek wrote:
That’s not a PSI.
You only see children obeying government because you’re constantly navel gazing, staring in a mirror, and talking to yourself.
Yeah, the difference is I don’t do bad Zack De La Rocha impersonations on the Internet.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:06 pm

I am not opposed to ramping up the rail system we have in order to create intercontinental travel that is cheaper than air travel. Try to make it more energy efficient *and* cheaper. That could work. There are people who will travel for a few days if it means spending less.

It's not really a solution to any real problem we have, though. Those shitty Tesla cars represent a better attempt at solving the energy problem than anything I have seen short of the proposal of building lots of thorium nuclear power plants.

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:08 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:56 am
Zlaxer wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:50 am
DBTrek wrote:
That’s not a PSI.
Yeah, the difference is I don’t do bad Zack De La Rocha impersonations on the Internet.
Thank you for clearing that up.

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:08 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:06 pm
I am not opposed to ramping up the rail system we have in order to create intercontinental travel that is cheaper than air travel. Try to make it more energy efficient *and* cheaper. That could work. There are people who will travel for a few days if it means spending less.

It's not really a solution to any real problem we have, though. Those shitty Tesla cars represent a better attempt at solving the energy problem than anything I have seen short of the proposal of building lots of thorium nuclear power plants.

Not enough rare metals on earth to build a Tesla for everyone. Not enough rare earth metals to implement current version of Green Deal.

it's a plan by a dumb fucking Marxist intended to get stupid ignorant proles to vote for her.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:10 pm

Zlaxer wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:08 pm

Not enough rare metals on earth to build a Tesla for everyone. Not enough rare earth metals to implement current version of Green Deal.

it's a plan by a dumb fucking Marxist intended to get stupid ignorant proles to vote for her.
He doesn't use rare earth metals.

Look, the guy is a fucking pothead, and he overpromises, and the quality of the cars he produces is garbage, but he does have the right idea.

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:11 pm

Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:10 pm
Zlaxer wrote:

What are his Bats made from?

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:13 pm

Zlaxer wrote:

Look, the guy is a fucking pothead, and he overpromises, and the quality of the cars he produces is garbage, but he does have the right idea.

Congrats, he’s all yours.
:lol:
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:15 pm

Zlaxer wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:11 pm
Zlaxer wrote:

What are his Bats made from?

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/extrao ... a-model-s/