Re: Fake News

Post by jediuser598 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:00 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:58 pm
jediuser598 wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:56 pm
Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:48 pm

That was not my argument, as much as you want to make this about God.

But while you are prattling on about God, I might as well point out that your spite for objective truth stems from your hatred towards God. You disbelieve in truth precisely because you object to God. You dispute moral realism because you want to do your own thing, and in order to do your own thing (becoming your own god), you have to reject the true God. This is why the liberal is what he is. This is why the liberal rejects truth and is therefore inherently a liar.
I believe A=A.

If you can show me where I've erred in that belief, I would certainly like to hear it.

But you say that since I'm a liberal, I don't believe that A=A. News to me.

Can anything exist if God doesn't exist? Can God not exist?
Example:

"The Earth is getting hotter."

"The fact that the annual temperatures are getting lower is proof the Earth is getting hotter."

Liberals in general believe any evidence is proof of their ideology. It doesn't matter whether A is true or false.
Evidence?
Thy praise or dispraise is to me alike:
One doth not stroke me, nor the other strike.
-Ben Johnson

jediuser598

Post by jediuser598 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:01 pm

Example:

"The fact that the annual temperatures are getting lower is proof the Earth is getting hotter."

Liberals in general believe any evidence is proof of their ideology. It doesn't matter whether A is true or false.
Is it possible that God can not exist?
-Ben Johnson

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:03 pm

jediuser598 wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:01 pm
Example:

I think you need to take that to a religion thread instead of trying to make everything a religious debate when you are losing.

Just admit you don't believe in your ability to know objective truth. That's my argument. You don't believe in it, and thus everything you say is just word games and attempts to manipulate. If you don't believe in truth, then how can anything you say be anything but a lie at some level?

jediuser598

Post by jediuser598 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:04 pm

Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:03 pm
jediuser598 wrote:
Example:

I think you need to take that to a religion thread instead of trying to make everything a religious debate when you are losing.

Just admit you don't believe in your ability to know objective truth. That's my argument. You don't believe in it, and thus everything you say is just word games and attempts to manipulate. If you don't believe in truth, then how can anything you say be anything but a lie at some level?
I believe that A=A.

Let us go bit by bit with objective truth.

What else would you like to test or do you believe that I'm lying when I say I believe that A=A?
-Ben Johnson

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:06 pm

jediuser598 wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:04 pm
jediuser598 wrote:

I believe that A=A.

What else would you like to test or do you believe that I'm lying when I say I believe that A=A?
To begin with, you are playing with symbology. There is utility in symbolic logic, obviously, but it is Idealism to confuse that with objective truth itself.

jediuser598

Post by jediuser598 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:07 pm

Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:06 pm
jediuser598 wrote:

I believe that A=A.

To begin with, you are playing with symbology. There is utility in symbolic logic, obviously, but it is Idealism to confuse that with objective truth itself.
Do you believe that I believe that A=A. (this is the law of identity, not the law of non-contradiction)

Yes or no?
Last edited by jediuser598 on Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-Ben Johnson

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:12 pm

Well its like Daw Kins said, atheism is the best belief system because I read a Salon article.
Shikata ga nai

Fife

Post by Fife » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:20 pm

Excuse Me Sir, Do You Have a Moment to Talk About Friedrich Nietzsche?

:goteam: :drunk:

jediuser598

Post by jediuser598 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:22 pm

Fife wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:20 pm
Excuse Me Sir, Do You Have a Moment to Talk About Friedrich Nietzsche?

:goteam: :drunk:
8-)
-Ben Johnson

Ph64

Post by Ph64 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:31 pm

jediuser598 wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:07 pm
Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:06 pm
jediuser598 wrote:

I believe that A=A.

Do you believe that I believe that A=A. (this is the law of identity, not the law of non-contradiction)

Yes or no?
What is the answer to this division problem: 5/0=?
How did you achieve that answer?

If there are an infinite number of positive even integers (2,4,6,8,etc), then it should follow that there are twice as many positive integers (1,2,3,4,etc). What is twice infinity?