Fake News

Speaker to Animals

Re: Fake News

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:09 pm

jediuser598 wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:07 pm
Speaker to Animals wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:54 pm
You really have to be a liberal to think that is an enlightening question to ask somebody.
Experiential data, man.

I'm not saying it is true about everything, but what you're saying, it really jumps out at me that you have never tried to do the work. I could be wrong, I don't think I am though.

Try to be 100% accurate in everything you say or write for two days, just two days.

Then realize that for journalists, they have to do that constantly for work and also tell the story. It isn't easy.

I say it is something you have to be a liberal to think is germane because, outside of shitposting and joking around, that is how the rest of us already operate each day (or at least try to). Liberals are liars at heart. It's part of what makes them liberals.

Every hate crime hoax, rape hoax, and smear campaign shows them for what they are.

jediuser598

Post by jediuser598 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:13 pm

Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:09 pm
jediuser598 wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:54 pm
You really have to be a liberal to think that is an enlightening question to ask somebody.
Experiential data, man.

I'm not saying it is true about everything, but what you're saying, it really jumps out at me that you have never tried to do the work. I could be wrong, I don't think I am though.

Try to be 100% accurate in everything you say or write for two days, just two days.

Then realize that for journalists, they have to do that constantly for work and also tell the story. It isn't easy.

I say it is something you have to be a liberal to think is germane because, outside of shitposting and joking around, that is how the rest of us already operate each day (or at least try to). Liberals are liars at heart. It's part of what makes them liberals.

Every hate crime hoax, rape hoax, and smear campaign shows them for what they are.
Ok, let us take this post.

"Liberals are liars at heart."

So every liberal is a liar at heart?

Prove it.

If you can't prove it then you can't fucking say it.
Thy praise or dispraise is to me alike:
One doth not stroke me, nor the other strike.
-Ben Johnson

Fife

Post by Fife » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:15 pm

That's a shitty rap. No rhymes

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:18 pm

Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:08 pm
pineapplemike wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:01 pm
but most of the youtube news kids rely on mainstream journalism for their content, how effective would the citizen journalists be without mainstream journalists?
That's not really true.

They report on MSM, but only to dissect it and expose it for the fraud that journalism really is (and always was).

Most of their reporting is done by themselves, digging through sources or actually going out and recording events.
i agree about their dissection of the MSM propaganda, this is absolutely crucial and a welcome change from the last decade i spent trying to dissect it myself, but i think you're underestimating how much they rely on big media companies that do much of the grunt work to deliver news. just right now on twitter, tim pool is reacting to a press conference that the blackface governor guy just gave by re-tweeting a video from buzzfeed news. where would tim pool be on this new developing story without buzzfeed, or nbc, or whatever other presumably large mainstream sources are covering it? sure i look forward to the day when tim pool's media enterprise has the ability to send reporters to cover random press conferences, but for now it seems he's reliant on mainstream journalists to do his civilian journalism. perhaps we need to separate grunt journalism from mainstream journalism, because obviously buzzfeed is slanted propaganda, and yet citizen journalists are relying on them as an accurate video source

just an example, i'm sure there are others

jediuser598

Post by jediuser598 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:23 pm

Fife wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:15 pm
That's a shitty rap. No rhymes
Rhyme is a tool. Rhyme makes you feel comfortable. People like patterns. I don't want to be lyrical. I give you no rhythm. My form doesn't fight the feeling, it's germane. Pixie rap, pixie fap. Your descriptions are tame.
-Ben Johnson

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:30 pm

jediuser598 wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:13 pm
Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:09 pm
jediuser598 wrote:

Experiential data, man.

Ok, let us take this post.

"Liberals are liars at heart."

So every liberal is a liar at heart?

Prove it.

If you can't prove it then you can't fucking say it.
Yes.

I can prove it by demonstrating that the most fundamental basis of liberalism is moral relativism, which can only make sense when one disbelieves in truth itself. Hence why liberals speak of opposing narratives rather than truth.

jediuser598

Post by jediuser598 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:33 pm

Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:30 pm
Yes.

I can prove it by demonstrating that the most fundamental basis of liberalism is moral relativism, which can only make sense when one disbelieves in truth itself. Hence why liberals speak of opposing narratives rather than truth.
And your argument against moral relativism is "there is a God."

Because God is Truth itself.

So if you don't believe in God you don't believe in truth.
-Ben Johnson

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:38 pm

pineapplemike wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:18 pm
Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:08 pm
pineapplemike wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:01 pm
but most of the youtube news kids rely on mainstream journalism for their content, how effective would the citizen journalists be without mainstream journalists?
That's not really true.

They report on MSM, but only to dissect it and expose it for the fraud that journalism really is (and always was).

Most of their reporting is done by themselves, digging through sources or actually going out and recording events.
i agree about their dissection of the MSM propaganda, this is absolutely crucial and a welcome change from the last decade i spent trying to dissect it myself, but i think you're underestimating how much they rely on big media companies that do much of the grunt work to deliver news. just right now on twitter, tim pool is reacting to a press conference that the blackface governor guy just gave by re-tweeting a video from buzzfeed news. where would tim pool be on this new developing story without buzzfeed, or nbc, or whatever other presumably large mainstream sources are covering it? sure i look forward to the day when tim pool's media enterprise has the ability to send reporters to cover random press conferences, but for now it seems he's reliant on mainstream journalists to do his civilian journalism. perhaps we need to separate grunt journalism from mainstream journalism, because obviously buzzfeed is slanted propaganda, and yet citizen journalists are relying on them as an accurate video source

just an example, i'm sure there are others
Fair point.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:39 pm

jediuser598 wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:33 pm
Yes.

No. My argument is realism; that objective truth exists and we directly experience it.

This is the philosophical difference that matters, and why folks like libertarians are just liberals.

jediuser598

Post by jediuser598 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:42 pm

Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:39 pm
jediuser598 wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:33 pm
Yes.

No. My argument is realism; that objective truth exists and we directly experience it.

This is the philosophical difference that matters, and why folks like libertarians are just liberals.
How can Objective truth exist without God?

How can morality exist without God?

To posit that any morality exists outside of the belief that God exists is either a fallacy or intentional dishonesty, yes?
-Ben Johnson