Re: Make Martin Famous V2

Post by C-Mag » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:56 pm

I like that :clap: :clap: :clap:
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:23 pm

You can also point out to the single mothers on furlough from protecting endangered turtles on private property that there are lots of openings in roofing, sanitation, logging, etc. that have yet to see the vast gender inequalities rectified.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:52 pm

I just got back from San Francisco; there's not one non-Trump Hater in all of California.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:19 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:52 pm
I just got back from San Francisco; there's not one non-Trump Hater in all of California.
:greetings-waveyellow: gotta get out of the city limits brother

C-Mag

Re: Make Martin Famous

Post by C-Mag » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:26 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:21 pm
This idea is time sensitive, so you'll have to move fast, Martin.

I propose you start a game show on your YouTube channel called: Venezuelan or Furloghed Non-essential US Government Worker.
The rules are simple, you read some human atrocity from the headlines *or* some over-wrought post on social media describing human suffering and ask "Is this person a Venezuelan, or a furloughed non-essential US government worker"?

For instance, you could read:
  • "Single mom, single income. If my pay from last two weeks shows up I have enough to pay bills, but not buy food. We live direct deposit to direct deposit, & something vital is always breaking - car brakes, stove, furnace. Venezuelan, or a furloughed non-essential US government worker?"
  • "There are shortages of everything, insulin is especially needed. We haven't had insulin for over a month. Venezuelan, or a furloughed non-essential US government worker?"
  • "I am a single mother of 3 with no help. Not knowing if I can pay rent or feed my family next week is hard and all that’s on my mind this day of Christmas when I should be happy. My kids feel my anxiety too. Venezuelan or furloughed non-essential government worker?"
  • "I try to leave lunch as late as possible myself, so you can just have a snack in the evening. My colleagues sometimes faint from hunger, or don’t have lunch - Venezuelan, or a furloughed non-essential US government worker?"
You know - highlight the absurdity inherent in the system. I can't imagine a (non-felony) faster way to get on the news than to make light of the "suffering" of our poor, dedicated, public servants by suggesting they may be a little over dramatic.
bump
PLATA O PLOMO

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:02 am

Dr Hash needs to interact with the greater tech media field.
- interviews, seek them out, be a guest, get guests, just conversations with like minds would be effective.
- this is how Rogan, Carolla and Rubin built their empires. I'm not saying copy it, but it would fit you well.
PLATA O PLOMO

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:45 am

C-Mag wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:02 am
Dr Hash needs to interact with the greater tech media field.
- interviews, seek them out, be a guest, get guests, just conversations with like minds would be effective.
- this is how Rogan, Carolla and Rubin built their empires. I'm not saying copy it, but it would fit you well.
I've contacted everybody; nobody responds. That's the normal way of things; it's not like I'm surprised. I can remember back a couple decades ago when I was caught off guard that nobody would return my calls, after years of being a hot item. It wasn't overnight, but it was fast.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:10 am

There’s several possibilities for this:
(1) age
(2) achievement lost its cachet
(3) opportunity was replaced by nepotism
(4) war against White men

Let me reiterate what I do now:
(1) bidaily podcast (600+ episodes)
(2) twice a day quotes (10,000+)
(3) once a week humor blog (1000)
(4) once a week travel blog (500)
(5) average 2 books a year (24 total)

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:36 am

Well, it’s not a credential or productivity issue. It’s not age either, given that every time Hollywood has some crap-ass award show I hear dozens of geriatrics and their anti-Trump rants, over, and over, and over...
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:59 am

Anybody else here would be treated the same. The game has changed such that what I’ve done, am doing, does not differentiate me from anyone else. Hell, just a few months ago, I had smucks on this forum claiming none of my ideas were original.