Fake News

DBTrek

Re: Fake News

Post by DBTrek » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:59 am

Black markets certainly have a longer history, wider acceptance, and more participants than the economies producing the "top performing" socialized medicine which lone US senators visit once.
:lol:

And in aggregate, across the sands of time, I doubt the 200+ y/o US economy has produced more wealth than the aggregate of non-taxed transactions between man beginning at the first cave campfire until now.

But I know . . . metrics . . . facts . . . critical thought . . . morality - boring ass shit to a horse who prefers to dehydrate.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:04 am

We can abandon grilling each other for specific data points, since you don't seem to like that door you opened.

If we add up all the illicit market activities ever in the history of mankind, minus their externalities, and compare that to every legit hybrid economy the world has ever seen, minus their externalities, dollars to donuts, the hybrids win.

Since the latter is, of course, the only one that is even remotely measurable (if that is still important to us), it isn't really fair though, is it?

Top. Performers.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:10 am

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:04 am
We can abandon grilling each other for specific data points, since you don't seem to like that door you opened.
You're trying to confuse two separate arguments. I rightly pointed out that your claim of "top performers" is completely arbitrary. I further pointed out that if efficiency is the metric for measuring performance it is impossible for a hybrid to be a top performer (efficiency being lost every time overhead is paid for bureaucracy).

You then went on about how free markets don't successfully exist anywhere, until I corrected you again and pointed out that they exist everywhere.

Having been spanked twice, you've now shifted goal posts to "You don't have numbers to prove black markets outperform hybrid economies"

Well derp, son. Black markets, by their very nature, are terrible record keepers.
:lol:

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:14 am

You keep assuming efficiency is the only important measurable metric for top performance, when there are many vectors to measure performance.

I also never said free markets never existed anywhere, I said they were outperformed by hybrids.

Your spankings would have more sting if you bothered actually reading, and trying to comprehend my posts.

But you will keep assuming I haven't done my homework, and calling that a victory.

Oh well.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Fife

Post by Fife » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:20 am

We need a U.S. Department of Efficiency Measurements and Standards.

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:24 am

Hey fifester, when was the last time you took a moment to thank the Tennessee Valley Authority for bringing all that electricity infrastructure to the boonies that ya' use to post your quips 'n memes? :twisted:
HAIL!

-Hwen

Fife

Post by Fife » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:30 am

You're killing it today, chief.

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:32 am

Careful now, you are gonna knock DB down to second favorite, with all these compliments, and then I will follow you from thread to thread instead.

Flattery gets you everywhere.
HAIL!

-Hwen

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:34 am

Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:14 am
You keep assuming efficiency is the only important measurable metric for top performance, when there are many vectors to measure performance.
I'm not assuming it's the only metric, I've said multiple times "if" it's the metric being used.

Or, there's your method, commonly called an unsubstantiated opinion, which uses no metrics.

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:39 am

DBTrek wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:34 am
Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:14 am
I'm not assuming it's the only metric, I've said multiple times "if" it's the metric being used.

Or, there's your method, commonly called an unsubstantiated opinion, which uses no metrics.
Wait now, the data I posted showing how America has been a top performer along many vectors since the Gilded Age... that was just my unsubstantiated opinion?

GDP, innovation, size, purchasing power, real wealth per capita, all just my feelz.

Your killer counter example of all black markets everywhere, and all the quality metrics that came with that claim, though. BOY HOWDY, what a red-assing I have received in this exchange.

HAIL!

-Hwen