Social Justice Warriors Thread

C-Mag

Re: Social Justice Warriors Thread

Post by C-Mag » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:51 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:29 pm
This must be what happens when millennial men get drunk and decide to put it in the wrong hole.

https://www.louderwithcrowder.com/slope ... -19LhWdhag
What a weird world we live in.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:37 pm

First they came for our comedy. Now they are coming for our superheros.
https://www.theverge.com/2019/1/7/18168 ... ar-aquaman
The superhero genre is clearly one of the major draws for moviegoers at the moment. But it feels less and less like what we need as a culture.
What our culture needs are ways to escape our normal day and duties and be entertained.
the superhero genre in 2018 still seemed oddly disconnected from the realities of 2018.
What I need from superheroes is an escape from reality. They pretty much disconnect from reality once you introduce a guy with claws made out of a fictional metal that can heal in minutes or a guy that got bit by a spider and can now cling to walls.
Tony Stark’s amazing technological advances are used to beat the tar out of alien invaders and protect the world, but not to end world hunger or forge peace in the Middle East. Great power is used to protect the world, not revolutionize it.
Because what people really want to see at the movies is Iron Man feeding the hungry and sitting in on a UN meeting for 3 hours.
In fact, in superhero narratives, the revolutionaries are almost always the villains. Erik Killmonger in Black Panther wants a world-wide anti-racist revolution. Thanos in Infinity War believes radical steps are necessary to prevent ecological collapse. The villain in Venom decides to ally with human-devouring space aliens in the name of environmentalism. King Orm in Aquaman is building an undersea coalition to fight back against humanity’s pollution of the seas.
So the writer is rooting for the guys that are trying to kill millions of people.
The whole point of the genre is that some people have great powers — and some people don’t. Those who do are the heroes. Those who don’t are romantic interests, bystanders, and potential victims. The story isn’t about them. Change comes about not through community action or political efforts, but through the outsize actions of special, strong saviors.
Everyone knows the real superheros are community activists.

This writer must be a real miserable person to be around if he can't enjoy super hero movies for what they are.

nmoore63

Post by nmoore63 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:55 pm

Superhero genre could use some new angles.

For example, Venom should have simply been an R rated horror movie, not a "superhero movie."

----

I think it more do to with these stupid Disney executives, will only green light any creativity on non continuing characters like the villian.
(of course its going to be hollywood lefty stuff, but still)

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:03 pm

I hope SJWs take over Super Hero movies tbh. It will cause a huge number of Americans to stop watching them and Hollywood will be forced to stop making that crap. Enough is enough. They are drawing from a very shallow pool of ideas. We don't need 6 spiderman movies in 4 years or another Avengers movie.
Shikata ga nai

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:29 pm

They already did take over the entire genre.

The genre helped create SJWs in the first place.

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:39 pm

nmoore63 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:55 pm
Superhero genre could use some new angles.

For example, Venom should have simply been an R rated horror movie, not a "superhero movie."
I agree about the angles. Most of the super hero movies have been terribly predictable and formulaic.

haven't seen Venom yet, but I like your idea. Make him a horror film monster, not some grey-area hero/villain like I expect it will be.

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:48 pm

SJW disease infected the comics years ago. For those who don't follow them, most of the comics writers and artists are open hardcore SJWs. They replaced Thor with a woman after the true Thor was deemed to be unworthy of Mjolnir. Iron Man was replaced by a black girl. Bruce Banner was killed and replaced by an Asian kid. Captain America was revealed to be a secret agent of Hydra all along, but only after being replaced by Sam Wilson, who was Falcon for decades.

When they weren't screwing over every established white cis male superhero, Marvel created new ones like a Muslim Ms. Marvel, and a Latina America Chavez. Oh, and they made Iceman openly gay too.

Needless to say they got woke and went broke. Most of the changes are being undone due to low sales of the comics. That's just Marvel. I don't follow DC other than Batman, but I hear there are some SJW infections going around there as well.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:06 pm

Anybody who subscribes to this leftist horseshit is a disgrace to our ancestors.

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:09 pm

PartyOf5 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:48 pm
SJW disease infected the comics years ago. For those who don't follow them, most of the comics writers and artists are open hardcore SJWs. They replaced Thor with a woman after the true Thor was deemed to be unworthy of Mjolnir. Iron Man was replaced by a black girl. Bruce Banner was killed and replaced by an Asian kid. Captain America was revealed to be a secret agent of Hydra all along, but only after being replaced by Sam Wilson, who was Falcon for decades.

When they weren't screwing over every established white cis male superhero, Marvel created new ones like a Muslim Ms. Marvel, and a Latina America Chavez. Oh, and they made Iceman openly gay too.

Needless to say they got woke and went broke. Most of the changes are being undone due to low sales of the comics. That's just Marvel. I don't follow DC other than Batman, but I hear there are some SJW infections going around there as well.

All comics besides Batman are for Pajama Boys.

Seriously - WTF care about Marvel comics? They'll be forgotten now...

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:16 pm

"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"