C-Mag wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:43 pm
Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:34 pm
C-Mag wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:29 pm

I don't look for bias free news. That's a lark
Spoken like a Critical Theorist.

Truth is a lark, just find what I already agree with.

This is not a good way to view the world.

Looking for factual media is better than bias free news.

Example:
Benghazi attack and the subsequent cover up. I looked over articles from a wide, wide range of sources. The Corporate Media carried water for the administration, it was about a shitty video. The alphabet news told us it was great we found this guy that made the video and tossed is hateful ass in jail.

In a month, I had correctly learned what was really going on................ and I didn't learn it from corporate media, I learned it from small news outlets and blogs. Benghazi was about an Obama-Clinton Illegal Weapons Smuggling Operation gone bad, with the intent to smuggle weapons to Islamic radicals who would take down Assad (Regime Change), and be allowed to have a Caliphate in return.

And the folks that followed the alphabet propaganda didn't give a fuck about the US citizens that were killed, the stupid film maker jailed or the Syrians killed because of our illegal arms smuggling.
In this world, you are going to have to separate facts from editorial content yourself... oh well, personal responsibility and whatnot. \

And, you are going to have to give your fellow countrymen the chance to do the same, which means not getting triggered over clickbate that speaks exclusively to the absolute lowest morons. That ain't most people, despite what the edgy anti-democracy crowd would have you believe Most people are just a few degrees from yourself in either direction.

There probably isn't much light between us on Benghazi, or Media/Obama sycophancy. That doesn't mean we need to go full conspiracy theory on the concept of facts.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Re: Fake News

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:53 pm

PartyOf5 wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:46 pm
Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:14 pm
You view the "general public" as a group of people separate, and less capable than yourself.
Me? No. I'd say you're the one that comes off as viewing yourself above others. I view the masses as not paying as much attention to the details and simply taking in what they are being fed. I've learned to be more skeptical and critical of the news, but I don't view myself as more capable than others.
The masses are 'fed.' They don't pay attention.

You are the only dipshit capable of skepticism?

Bullcrap. Everyone can be a skeptic, it ain't hard. I do it every day, and I am two cunt hairs from retarded.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:54 pm

Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:42 pm
heydaralon wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:38 pm
HanMan: You just mentioned that you enjoyed reading stuff that upsets and challenges you. Can you give an example of a journalist for MSM that you generally like or follow?
I like David Frum and Graeme Wood, who both write for the Atlantic (I am still furious I can't count Kevin Williamson among that crowd), and they are too party line, centrist for me most of the time. But, they hold themselves to a high level of accountability.

Frum was bummed out about it, but his debate with Steve Bannon was actually a model for how diametrically opposed people should engage.
Was Graeme Wood the one who wrote that ISIS piece that was on their frontpage for a few months? David Frum sounds very familiar, but I can't place him. As far as the Atlantic goes, I watched it and Slate kind of devolve from an interesting (biased but readable) site that would often do interesting pieces on the history of tech (I think they were the ones who did a great piece on fax machines) or what happens to our dark meat chicken (we send it to Russia) into this shrill hysterical clickbait Social Justice site. It was even possible to track this phenomenon with individual writers. Conor Friedersdorf for instance. A little before Ta Nahesi Coates started getting featured a lot was when the most serious decline occured.

As far as the MSM goes, I started to realize how off the mark they were during the Arab Spring and Syrian Civil War. In those instances, they were completely in the dark, exaggerating body numbers, using Al Qaeda PR guys as credible sources etc. If they are lying about that stuff, what else are they lying about? Once you get to that point, you have to venture into blogs or alternative news sites like the Intercept, if only to see what the press did not discuss. Youtube is full of unedited CNN clips that never made it on the air, from Trump speeches and supposed gaffes, to BLM and antifa violence. All your criticism of blogging is valid, but at the moment, a half a dozen youtube "pundits" are doing a far better job laying out what happened over these multi billion dollar corporate media companies.
Shikata ga nai

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:59 pm

Graeme did do that piece, and a funny one on Richard Spencer. David Frum is a full blown #nevertrump conservative (((globalist))), but he is a pro, regardless.

The rest of the Atlantic is a fucking trash fire, and has been since the Emerson Collective cucked them... probably a little before, but they were trying to follow the 'free content' model. So, now they are Apple's HuffPo, but they still have a history and can attract 2 or 3 capable writers.

Oh well... late stage Capitalism, amirite?
HAIL!

-Hwen

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:11 pm

Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:51 pm

There probably isn't much light between us on Benghazi, or Media/Obama sycophancy. That doesn't mean we need to go full conspiracy theory on the concept of facts.
:lol:
To call out the Corporate Media with examples of their government directed propaganda is conspiracy theory.

BTW The same fucking corporate media that will bring up Iran-Contra when Reagan is mentioned, provided cover for Obama-Clinton for doing the same. I'm not laying down conspiracy, I'm laying down facts.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:17 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:11 pm

To call out the Corporate Media with examples of their government directed propaganda is conspiracy theory.
A conspiracy theory isn't identifiable by its kernel of truth. That is what makes them so nefarious.
HAIL!

-Hwen

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:30 pm

Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:17 pm
C-Mag wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:11 pm

A conspiracy theory isn't identifiable by its kernel of truth. That is what makes them so nefarious.
What a meaningless post.

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:32 pm

lots of "real" news from 2018 in this video

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:35 pm

Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:53 pm
PartyOf5 wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:14 pm
You view the "general public" as a group of people separate, and less capable than yourself.
Me? No. I'd say you're the one that comes off as viewing yourself above others. I view the masses as not paying as much attention to the details and simply taking in what they are being fed. I've learned to be more skeptical and critical of the news, but I don't view myself as more capable than others.

Bullcrap. Everyone can be a skeptic, it ain't hard. I do it every day, and I am two cunt hairs from retarded.
Did I say I was the only one capable? No, I said exactly that I am no more capable than others. Anyone can be skeptic, but many are not. I know plenty of family, friends, and co-workers who pay more attention to the Kardashians and real Housewives than world events. I know people who swear by MSNBC and CNN as being outlets for the truth.

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:44 pm

PartyOf5 wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:35 pm
Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:53 pm
PartyOf5 wrote:

Did I say I was the only one capable? No, I said exactly that I am no more capable than others. Anyone can be skeptic, but many are not. I know plenty of family, friends, and co-workers who pay more attention to the Kardashians and real Housewives than world events. I know people who swear by MSNBC and CNN as being outlets for the truth.
I know loads of people too. What of it?

When I am feeling uncharitable, they all strike me as idiots. I assume they feel the same way about me.
HAIL!

-Hwen