Fake News

C-Mag

Re: Fake News

Post by C-Mag » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:46 am

There is hardly any difference in CNN broadcasts from 0001 Hrs, 09 November 2016 to today.

It's really amazing that they can keep up the Chicken Little routine for that long.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:50 am

C-Mag wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:46 am
There is hardly any difference in CNN broadcasts from 0001 Hrs, 09 November 2016 to today.

It's really amazing that they can keep up the Chicken Little routine for that long.
It is what gets them clicks, and ad revenue. If they started charging for content, maybe they could tone it the fuck down.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:57 am

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:50 am
C-Mag wrote:

It is what gets them clicks, and ad revenue. If they started charging for content, maybe they could tone it the fuck down.
It's not getting them rich, FOX kills them and all the other Orange Man Bad networks. All these Corporate Media outlets, All of Them, push their corporate and government masters propaganda. They largely created the Red-Blue divide. Journalists suck, I saw a recent poll that they come in 3rd on the list of least trusted professions behind used car sales and telemarketers. I view bloggers as late 18th C pampleteers.
PLATA O PLOMO

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:01 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:57 am
Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:50 am
C-Mag wrote:

It's not getting them rich, FOX kills them and all the other Orange Man Bad networks. All these Corporate Media outlets, All of Them, push their corporate and government masters propaganda. They largely created the Red-Blue divide. Journalists suck, I saw a recent poll that they come in 3rd on the list of least trusted professions behind used car sales and telemarketers. I view bloggers as late 18th C pampleteers.
All this proves is that Orange Man Bad isn't the lowest possible common denominator. Congratulations?

We agree, bloggers are garbage. Not all Journalists are bloggers. I doubt polls accurately reflect the difference. I think we have all learned that polls are... unreliable.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:37 pm

No, we disagree. Bloggers are the good guys. Corporate news is propaganda, they are the voice of the Mercantilists and 1%. They just parrot the Globalist masters that see you only as a revenue source.

Why do you love Global Mercantilist propaganda ?
PLATA O PLOMO

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:40 pm

Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:45 am
We agree, with half a brain you can suss out what is editorial opinion and what is fact.

I am sure there is a reason you want to talk about the ebil state, but I think we can take it as read that you aren't a fan.
I think Fife's point is to provide examples of how this is being done to coerce the general public into believing a certain narrative. A large percentage that read these stories cannot separate the opinion from fact. The plan is to continuously bombard readers with these negative stories to the point where they feel that is the truth.

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:49 pm

Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:20 am
The idea that choice of focus amounts to bias is the same argument critical theorists use to attack the established history cannon. I don't think it is a good argument. You can't expect or require 100% universal data representation as a criteria for 'unbiased' information. That is essentially the same as saying 'there is no truth,' since it is an impossible standard.

The people who think HuffPo is real news are the same people that buy every piece of bullshit Breitbart publishes. You could argue that Breitbart is minimally more honest about the fact that they are rabid, partisan bullshit artists, but that doesn't make them reliable. By that standard, MSNBC is reliable, since they are fairly honest about their bias.

I try to keep 'good/bad' opinion determinations separate from 'do I agree' determinations. 'Do I agree' is individual, but for rational, honest people 'good/bad' can be objective enough to get people to, at least, an agree to disagree level.
We just had you say bloggers are garbage. C-Mag says the opposite. Which one is going to be the judge on whether a blog is poor? You have already deemed bloggers in general are bad, so how can you make good/bad opinion determinations on them objectively?

I don't expect 100% universal agreement, that's part of my point. Some facts are obvious facts, but in the arena of politics there is a lot of gray area, which shades toward either black or white, depending on where you stand. I am convinced that abortions past 3 months is the murder of a child, but there are those that will say the "facts" show it is not a person.

The people that think HuffPo is real news may be the same type of person that think Brietbart is also real news, but they are the opposite in terms of viewpoint.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:55 pm

The quality of the Blogs varies from site to site. What is important is that they are acting as free journalists in an age of Corporate Mastery by the Global Elites.

Blogs I follow are at least as accurate as the Corporate Propaganda. For Example. When Trump tweeted that he was spied on, the Corporate Media came out in full force to call Trump a liar and put on 'Esteemed Experts' to convince us all of why Trump was just crazy.

But Blogs actually investigated Trumps claims and showed that, yeah, the BHO administration did run a spy op on the Trump campaign, it took us almost 2 years to get the name of the op, Crossfire Hurricane. Further we learned, that Corporate Media 'Journalists' were involved.
PLATA O PLOMO

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:10 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:37 pm
No, we disagree. Bloggers are the good guys. Corporate news is propaganda, they are the voice of the Mercantilists and 1%. They just parrot the Globalist masters that see you only as a revenue source.

Why do you love Global Mercantilist propaganda ?
If you want unbiased information from bloggers, then we have different ways of valuing information.

Information can be valued on the free market, but it isn't, or it can nationalized, which it isn't, or there is a (:scoff:) third path I haven't considered. You like bloggers you agree with. I like writers and journalists, especially ones that challenge and upset me.

I think you are a serious, intelligent person, but (I am not kidding, I say this as someone who respects a lot of your posts) I think you have a 'globalist/mercantilist' trigger that blinds you, and guides you to bloggers that confirm your blind spots.
HAIL!

-Hwen

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:14 pm

PartyOf5 wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:40 pm
Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:45 am
We agree, with half a brain you can suss out what is editorial opinion and what is fact.

I am sure there is a reason you want to talk about the ebil state, but I think we can take it as read that you aren't a fan.
I think Fife's point is to provide examples of how this is being done to coerce the general public into believing a certain narrative. A large percentage that read these stories cannot separate the opinion from fact. The plan is to continuously bombard readers with these negative stories to the point where they feel that is the truth.
You view the "general public" as a group of people separate, and less capable than yourself. This might be true, and it certainly plays into an anti-democratic, authoritarian view of the world. I think Fife is suspicious (justifiably) of the unwashed masses, and doesn't want to give them the benefit of the doubt. I think the unwashed masses are, basically, the same as me, and expect them to learn a little critical thinking.

But, I am a lefty, idealist, that thinks people should be in charge of their own lives.

/shrug
HAIL!

-Hwen