Social Justice Warriors Thread

Montegriffo

Re: Social Justice Warriors Thread

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:37 pm

For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

nmoore63

Post by nmoore63 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:49 am

https://abc7chicago.com/society/colorad ... n/4930768/

Coming back after the cake maker, even though he won at the scotus... this time for not baking a cake to celebrate gender transition...

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:21 pm

"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:27 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:21 pm
Rough day for baked goods:
https://www.dailywire.com/news/39514/sc ... igail-roth
But a great day for transgender Santa, eh?

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:27 pm

Diversity cult does not give one shit about human life.

https://hbr.org/2018/12/making-u-s-fire ... -inclusive

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:44 pm

The Fire-Force-Five is gonna beat that inferno and gas explosion down with sassy fashion and dirty looks. Not to mention some strongly worded Vegas and Florida conference talk-talk.

Ph64

Post by Ph64 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:23 am

It's almost as if the more we coddle them the worse they do and the more fragile they get... :roll:

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:48 am

Ph64 wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:23 am

It's almost as if the more we coddle them the worse they do and the more fragile they get... :roll:
If these kids had my life growing up, they would have committed suicide a long time ago.
#NotOneRedCent

jediuser598

Post by jediuser598 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:11 am

Being in college right now, man a lot of the students have therapists and nearly all of them have psychological "issues." I don't think it's their fault per se, more they're actively telling their parents that look, they don't need therapy, but it's being forced on them and so is medication. It was a poetry class so we got to read some people's internal thoughts on this (work shopping and all).

My takeaway is it is the parent's fault.

Kids don't learn how to manage stress because their parents don't teach them, so they have to come up with their own methods in dealing with it knowing that having a therapist the rest of your life isn't ideal, neither is being on all of that medication.

The greatest generation told my parents, look you make choices now you face consequences, don't coming running to me when your consequences show up at your door, deal with them. That's real life. Parents these days won't let kids face the consequences of their actions.
Thy praise or dispraise is to me alike:
One doth not stroke me, nor the other strike.
-Ben Johnson

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:36 am

jediuser598 wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:11 am
Being in college right now, man a lot of the students have therapists and nearly all of them have psychological "issues." I don't think it's their fault per se, more they're actively telling their parents that look, they don't need therapy, but it's being forced on them and so is medication. It was a poetry class so we got to read some people's internal thoughts on this (work shopping and all).

My takeaway is it is the parent's fault.

Kids don't learn how to manage stress because their parents don't teach them, so they have to come up with their own methods in dealing with it knowing that having a therapist the rest of your life isn't ideal, neither is being on all of that medication.

The greatest generation told my parents, look you make choices now you face consequences, don't coming running to me when your consequences show up at your door, deal with them. That's real life. Parents these days won't let kids face the consequences of their actions.
Correct.

There's plenty of blame to offer up. Institutions like School and to some degree actual policies and laws but for the most part its the role of parenting to help their kids grow up.
The good, the true, & the beautiful