Re: BREAKING NEWS

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:38 am

GloryofGreece wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:37 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:17 am
GloryofGreece wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:41 am
It's never been a time that it was effortless to get millions to freakout over minimal difficulties or nonissues.

How bout that stockmarket though! Getting wild.
A fully loaded aeroplane sucking a drone into its engine would not be minimal difficulties.
The cost in lost flights is going to run into the millions.
That comment was in general and there's never been a time before where you could get so many millions outraged and or scared and willing to scapegoat than now. It's dangerous and hysteria leads to death and chaos
1933?
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:40 am

I suppose we can all guess the next object that will be deemed "too dangerous" for the child-like hands of Britons, eh?'

They're like the neglected kids of the globe whose mom deprives them of toys, one by one, until they only have dirt to play with.
:lol:
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:41 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:38 am
GloryofGreece wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:37 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:17 am

A fully loaded aeroplane sucking a drone into its engine would not be minimal difficulties.
The cost in lost flights is going to run into the millions.
That comment was in general and there's never been a time before where you could get so many millions outraged and or scared and willing to scapegoat than now. It's dangerous and hysteria leads to death and chaos
1933?
Nope not in the overall potential but only time will tell either way
The good, the true, & the beautiful

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:44 am

DBTrek wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:40 am
I suppose we can all guess the next object that will be deemed "too dangerous" for the child-like hands of Britons, eh?'

They're like the neglected kids of the globe whose mom deprives them of toys, one by one, until they only have dirt to play with.
Drones are already highly regulated. This dick is likely to get them banned completely or make them so hard to get licences for that no-one bothers.
Still, I suppose we could just wait till one crashes a plane and kills 300 passengers before action is taken.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:46 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:44 am
DBTrek wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:40 am

Drones are already highly regulated. This dick is likely to get them banned completely or make them so hard to get licences for that no-one bothers.
Still, I suppose we could just wait till one crashes a plane and kills 300 passengers before action is taken.

British men, and bookish spinster school-marms from the 1930's.
Birds of a feather.

"Better take all the drones away before 300 people die"

Meanwhile the rest of the world uses drones, no one is dying.
Right on.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:52 am

...but we should ignore safety concerns 'cos freedumb.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:01 am

Hyped.

The real danger is for a drone to FOD out an engine close enough to the ground that the pilot does not properly react in time.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:04 am

Solution: put a kill switch in the drone that operates similarly to an IFF transponder. If the tower detects a drone anywhere near their flight operations, they just blast it with an IFF interrogation and it automatically shuts down and falls.

That can be used anywhere, really, too.

Honestly, the laser pointer panic was a more realistic threat to air safety than drones.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:33 am

Anyone on this forum have a drone?

Is it basically the same appeal as a radio controlled airplane?

For me I would get bored pretty quickly of this kind of toy.

I can kind of see the appeal for photography and that kind of thing...
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:36 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:52 am

...but we should ignore safety concerns 'cos freedumb.
If that is all it takes to take down an airplane, it's time to go back to the drawing board... fucking hell, I no longer have to ask if you are that dumb, you just proved it.
#NotOneRedCent