Europe, Boring Until it's Not

Speaker to Animals

Re: Europe, Boring Until it's Not

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:25 pm

nmoore63 wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:23 pm
You would die if you tried to live in Ephrata without a car.
(you could get by with a horse I suppose)
It would be a cold winter, though.

nmoore63

Post by nmoore63 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:30 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:25 pm
nmoore63 wrote:
Oh it be balls cold.
There is a reason we don't have homeless here.
You would literally die if you tried to be homeless in ephrata in January.

The various native tribes from the area tell how the Columbia Basin (more properly the Columbia plateau) was where Raven and Coyote got into a fight and their blood was spilled across the land. No one can live here year round. Annual visit, for trade or healing or religion but no one lived here.

Post industrial revolution tech is not a luxury. It is required.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:37 pm

nmoore63 wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:30 pm
nmoore63 wrote:
Oh it be balls cold.

The various native tribes from the area tell how the Columbia Basin (more properly the Columbia plateau) was where Raven and Coyote got into a fight and their blood was spilled across the land. No one can live here year round. Annual visit, for trade or healing or religion but no one lived here.

I wonder if it was the same where I used to be stationed in Idaho's high plains desert (near Boise). I can't imagine fucking living there in the Winter without solid constructions.

Otern

Post by Otern » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:30 pm

Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:22 pm
Effective city planning could reduce quite a lot emissions in metropolitan areas. Better, cheaper, and safer public transportation that gets you pretty close to where you need to go would make cars pointless in cities. It's really expensive to own and operate a car in Chicago, and it's really a pain in the ass. People do it because the public transportation might not be great where they live and the zoning doesn't place every place they need to visit in easily accessible locations. In the suburban areas, the buses are run like a fuck you program to the poor. Terrible wait times, not full coverage, etc.

In America, cities were literally designed to force people to drive -- by the very progressives that now want to penalize everybody for driving I might add.

I think Europe has somewhat better planning than we do, though.
Yeah. I get by perfectly well without a car in my city. Plenty of buses, and they're not too expensive. Could still be a bit better, but it's pretty good. The trains are cheap and on time, so it's not hard to get to other cities.

Ph64

Post by Ph64 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:41 pm

Otern wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:30 pm
Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:22 pm
Effective city planning could reduce quite a lot emissions in metropolitan areas. Better, cheaper, and safer public transportation that gets you pretty close to where you need to go would make cars pointless in cities. It's really expensive to own and operate a car in Chicago, and it's really a pain in the ass. People do it because the public transportation might not be great where they live and the zoning doesn't place every place they need to visit in easily accessible locations. In the suburban areas, the buses are run like a fuck you program to the poor. Terrible wait times, not full coverage, etc.

In America, cities were literally designed to force people to drive -- by the very progressives that now want to penalize everybody for driving I might add.

I think Europe has somewhat better planning than we do, though.
Yeah. I get by perfectly well without a car in my city. Plenty of buses, and they're not too expensive. Could still be a bit better, but it's pretty good. The trains are cheap and on time, so it's not hard to get to other cities.

nmoore63

Post by nmoore63 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:13 pm

Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:37 pm
nmoore63 wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:30 pm

Oh it be balls cold.

I wonder if it was the same where I used to be stationed in Idaho's high plains desert (near Boise). I can't imagine fucking living there in the Winter without solid constructions.
The Columbia Steppe is pretty similar to the Asian Steppe
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shrub-steppe

It must be possible with some sort of Yurt, but I think horses are a must.

Were there any sedentary peoples in Central Asia before the horse?
However, an increasing amount of evidence supports the hypothesis that horses were domesticated in the Eurasian Steppes approximately 3500 BCE;[1][2][3] recent discoveries in the context of the Botai culture suggest that Botai settlements in the Akmola Province of Kazakhstan are the location of the earliest domestication of the horse.[4]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domestica ... _the_horse
Samarkand (/ˈsæmərkænd/; Uzbek language: Samarqand; Persian: سمرقند‎; Russian: Самарканд), alternatively Samarqand, is a city in modern-day Uzbekistan, and is one of the oldest continuously inhabited cities in Central Asia. There is evidence of human activity in the area of the city from the late Paleolithic era, though there is no direct evidence of when exactly Samarkand was founded; some theories propose that it was founded between the 8th and 7th centuries BC.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samarkand#Early_history

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:22 am

2/3 of France support the yellow jacket protestors.

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2018/1 ... -response/

"Far-right terrorists"... LMFAO

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:35 am

Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:22 am
2/3 of France support the yellow jacket protestors.

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2018/1 ... -response/

"Far-right terrorists"... LMFAO
I hope they can sustain this and get some things changed there.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:44 am

I think it shows, at least in France, a significant number of the left joining the right in committed opposition to globalist cancer.

Those protesters are not predominantly left or right. The fact that the MSM over there describes them as far-right belies desperation.

The real division is nationalist versus globalist, which itself is highly correlated to urban versus rural divides.

nmoore63

Post by nmoore63 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:15 am

I always have a very difficult time understanding what the French rioters want.

They riot over so many conflicting demands.