Re: The Official Martin Hash Video Game Thread

Post by pineapplemike » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:04 pm

Battlefield 5 out next week. Anyone?

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:18 pm

No one playing Red Dead Redemption II?
From the makers of GTA.

For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:27 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:18 pm
From the makers of GTA.

I am, I'm having a hard time getting into it.
#NotOneRedCent

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:01 am

PC master race.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:14 am

pineapplemike wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:04 pm
Battlefield 5 out next week. Anyone?
My brother is a designer on it so I will have to try it. They are cautiously optimistic about it.
https://www.pcgamesn.com/battlefield-v-pc-review

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:36 am

Master troll.
Responding to the outcry, YouTube relented and quickly resurrected Shirrako's channel, albeit with a newly-added age restriction. Shirrako didn't wait a day before publishing a series of videos that seem to be nothing if not an attempt to taunt his Silicon Valley overlords. (I'll leave it to readers to judge whether his response is edgy, paltry or juvenile.)

His new videos -- published Wednesday night -- include punching Hilter, beating up a Chinese man, and even "deporting a Mexican." In the latter video, which exploits a glitch in the game that allows players to cross over into a fictionalized Mexico, Shirrako's RDR2 avatar is shown kidnapping an NPC of Hispanic visage and carrying him across the border. The video has gotten almost 200,000 views so far.
https://www.pluralist.com/posts/2086-ba ... me-opinion

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:31 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:18 pm
From the makers of GTA.

I used to play the first one with my buddy. Rockstar rarely misfires. They usually make the best games.
Shikata ga nai

Fife

Post by Fife » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:12 am

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:37 am

How the West Was Woke: ‘Red Dead Redemption 2’ and Gaming’s Iron Curtain

...The Housers gave a rare glimpse into the workplace culture at Rockstar Games, a studio spanning 11 offices across three continents. Unwittingly, Dan Houser describes a brutal, exploitative workplace. “We were working 100-hour weeks,” he says, describing the last several months of development for Red Dead Redemption 2. Quickly, games journalists seized on the quote as a distress signal about the working conditions at Rockstar Games.

The backlash formed, and so Dan Houser issued a statement. “No one, senior or junior, is ever forced to work hard,” Houser told Kotaku news editor Jason Schreier, who has, himself, written all about the video game industry’s brutal machinery in a book called Blood, Sweat, and Pixels. “I believe we go to great lengths to run a business that cares about its people, and to make the company a great place for them to work,” Houser continued. Three days later, Rockstar encouraged its employees to speak freely about their experiences working at the company. But it was too late for anyone to “correct” the narrative. The labor concerns about Rockstar Games colored every review, including our own, and all other critical discussion about the game...

https://www.theringer.com/platform/amp/ ... -discourse
The title of the article has “woke” in it, which should indicate to the astute reader that a train wreck is about to follow.

Man, nothing quite pisses off SJWs like other people working hard. Hard work is like kryptonite to them.
:lol:
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Fife

Post by Fife » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:10 am

I don't know anything about these modern vidya games, but this looks like a strong review: