Civil War Doomsday Clock

Speaker to Animals

Re: Civil War Doomsday Clock

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:55 am

kybkh wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:51 am

You see people acting like primates because we are in the primitive era of an new age in human history.
It's also possible that people act like primate because we literally are primates. Just saying.. :whistle:

edit:

Also note the liberal narrative inherent in that. History is some story of deterministic progression towards utopia. We are in the primitive age and we need to "transcend" our nature to achieve a technological utopia. The idea that there exists a direction to history or some utopian endpoint to history in this fallen universe is silly and not supported by reason or evidence.

kybkh

Post by kybkh » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:43 am

I see way more simpler than that.

I'd compare to a 8th Century carpenter given a lathe and metal press. He'll figure out what to do with it eventually.
“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama

Ph64

Post by Ph64 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:04 am

kybkh wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:43 am
I see way more simpler than that.

I'd compare to a 8th Century carpenter given a lathe and metal press. He'll figure out what to do with it eventually.
I dunno about 8th century, but at some point someone would figure out how to toss it into a trebuchet and launch it into some city walls, or melt it down to make a cannon or some other weapon.

All while looking at the decaying Roman aquaducts, etc, and wondering what amazing people could have possibly created all that.

Why not give them an iPhone or tablet, fully charged of course. They'll figure out what to do with it "eventually"... like say in 1100+ years. Presuming they didn't get burned as a witch or something in the intervening years.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:21 am

brewster

Post by brewster » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:27 am

So the Pittsburgh mass murder is just not worth discussing on MHF? Someone who's basically a clone of Nukedog kills 11 Jews for being Jews in a major US city and no one has anything to say? Are you embarrassed, approving, appalled, what? Not as fun as bizarre conspiracy theories about a pathetic schizophrenic and his pipe bombs that hurt no one?
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:29 am

Nukedog is pro-Trump and the shooter was an anti-Trumper. More in common with SF.. :lol:

brewster

Post by brewster » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:35 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:29 am
Nukedog is pro-Trump and the shooter was an anti-Trumper. More in common with SF.. :lol:
I see, all that matters is a racist murderer's politics? All that means is ND is a hypocrite for liking Trump even though he surrounds himself with Jews.
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:36 am

brewster wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:27 am
So the Pittsburgh mass murder is just not worth discussing on MHF? Someone who's basically a clone of Nukedog kills 11 Jews for being Jews in a major US city and no one has anything to say? Are you embarrassed, approving, appalled, what? Not as fun as bizarre conspiracy theories about a pathetic schizophrenic and his pipe bombs that hurt no one?
What’s there to say? No, really, what can I possibly add to the conversation? My friend is dying of cancer, is that any less tragic; there’s no dicussion to be had.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:37 am

brewster wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:35 am
Speaker to Animals wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:29 am
I see, all that matters is a racist murderer's politics? All that means is ND is a hypocrite for liking Trump even though he surrounds himself with Jews.
Well, I don't know how much farther down the road to lunacy an anti-Trumper like SF has to descend before he starts shooting synagogues. It seems to me that it's only a small step between hating Trump and hating the things Trump cares about (Jews and Israel).

brewster

Post by brewster » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:45 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:36 am
brewster wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:27 am
What’s there to say? No, really, what can I possibly add to the conversation? My friend is dying of cancer, is that any less tragic; there’s no dicussion to be had.
If your friend was dying of cancer because the corporation he worked for poisoned him, there'd be plenty to say. There's a deliberate poisoning of minds going on in this country.