Civil War Doomsday Clock

Otern

Re: Civil War Doomsday Clock

Post by Otern » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:31 am

So, we have two pretty similar events this month:

One Trump supporter sent a bunch of packages that looks like mail bombs. It gets a shitload of attention in the media, as it should. People are talking about it. Everyone and their grandmother knows about the story.

And, earlier this month, another guy sent letters containing ricin to Trump and Mattis. Not a single word about it in Norwegian media. And barely mentioned in mainstream media in general. Right into the memory hole.

To me, it looks like the ricin letters were a larger threat, but let's assume the pipe bombs do in fact have a functional trigger mechanism, and proper explosives. Why the massive disparity in coverage of these two events?

At the very least, the events should both have equal amount of coverage, if the mainstream media actually cared about neutrality and providing factual and balanced information.

How the media handled these two events, is way scarier than some nutjobs sending dangerous letters to political opponents.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:35 am

It's just the typical hypocrisy of liberals.

Monty didn't care that leftists sent actually deadly packages to people on the right. Only bomb hoaxes to people on the left matter because it's politically convenient.

Same thing in our forum too. Rules for "civility" they demand to protect themselves, but then violate them constantly against posters like myself.

Liberals do liberal stupid shit. I am past it, personally. I just accept these people are lost souls, NPCs if you will, and beyond help.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:47 am

Otern wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:31 am

One Trump supporter sent a bunch of packages that looks like mail bombs. It gets a shitload of attention in the media, as it should. People are talking about it. Everyone and their grandmother knows about the story.

And, earlier this month, another guy sent letters containing ricin to Trump and Mattis. Not a single word about it in Norwegian media. And barely mentioned in mainstream media in general. Right into the memory hole.

To me, it looks like the ricin letters were a larger threat, but let's assume the pipe bombs do in fact have a functional trigger mechanism, and proper explosives. Why the massive disparity in coverage of these two events?

At the very least, the events should both have equal amount of coverage, if the mainstream media actually cared about neutrality and providing factual and balanced information.

How the media handled these two events, is way scarier than some nutjobs sending dangerous letters to political opponents.
I guess that the difference is that no one thinks the first example of domestic terrorism was inspired by the words of the President.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:51 am

i would assume they think it was the divisive media coverage that inspired it

Fife

Post by Fife » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:55 am

#INPEACH

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:56 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:47 am
Otern wrote:

I guess that the difference is that no one thinks the first example of domestic terrorism was inspired by the words of the President.
Good point. They were inspired by everyday NPCs like you, calling for "resistance" and "punching Nazis".

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:57 am

You say divisive media,
I say divisive President,
tomarto, tomayto,
tomayto tomarto,
let's call the whole thing off.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:00 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:56 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:47 am
Otern wrote:

Good point. They were inspired by everyday NPCs like you, calling for "resistance" and "punching Nazis".
I have never called for resistance or punching Nazis.
Trump however has called for protesters to be beaten up and offered to pay the legal costs.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:05 am

:roll:

You never called for the left to tone down the violent rhetoric when leftists started attacking us either. It's only when some unhinged Indian sends fake bombs to leftists that there is a problem.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:19 am

jediuser598 wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:56 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:48 am
I was talking about the made up truths.
The people saying fake news the loudest are the ones who are saying sources like Limbaugh, Alex Jones, 4chan and T_D are credible.

Makes one laugh, there's an argument to be made about credibility these days but not from those people.
It’s because all those places have torn apart the story.

Btw, I still stand by this guy is a patsy. Nothing about this guy, his van, or the letters make sense.

Nothing passes the smell test.
#NotOneRedCent