Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:30 am

jediuser598 wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:24 am
Speaker to Animals wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:20 am
jediuser598 wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:19 am

And then this shows up:

You only get one player character, I get a monster manual.
I need to get back into this game. I used to be a good DM. Have a great idea for a campaign setting that is based on race war and political civil war.
Greatest game. I'm really getting into 5e.
They made the campaign world intensely SJW. I think the time is ripe to do something like the original Dragonlance but with the violence and political posturing amped. Total race war and political conflict between differing ruling ideologies. One is king-based with a feudal organization of the warriors, the other maybe something scholarly based, with cities led by wizard and clerical colleges, and a conscript army leveed from the populace.

pineapplemike

Re: Civil War Doomsday Clock

Post by pineapplemike » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:30 am

GloryofGreece wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:14 am
All the memes, acronyms, urban dictionary phraseology, and internet cool kid bullshit is fucking tiresome isn't? If "grownups" are doing it so much how much do teens/twenty somethings? Its kind of maddening really. Everyone is shit posting, trolling, etc. everything is a "joke" or meant to get a rush or some type of dopamine uptick. Anyone here just sign off from tech for a few days or week? Its like a psycho world that is all inside a screen. That's a clue what it will be like when everyone is on UBI and sitting in their matrix cocoon hive minding it up amusing themselves to death.
+1

jediuser598

Post by jediuser598 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:47 am

Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:30 am
jediuser598 wrote:

I need to get back into this game. I used to be a good DM. Have a great idea for a campaign setting that is based on race war and political civil war.
They made the campaign world intensely SJW. I think the time is ripe to do something like the original Dragonlance but with the violence and political posturing amped. Total race war and political conflict between differing ruling ideologies. One is king-based with a feudal organization of the warriors, the other maybe something scholarly based, with cities led by wizard and clerical colleges, and a conscript army leveed from the populace.
Lol, was playing with a former Marine, and there was some discussion about slaves in the Roman setting. Would players get to own slaves? The DM decides yes, I do the fist pump, "yes, we get to own slaves!" He looks at me and goes, "what kind of liberal are you?"

Then those faggots abolished slavery, because one of them got to be a noble with his own feifdom. Screwed me over as I had 500 slaves enroute. Does that action count as pvp? He gave rights to a lot of my property.
Thy praise or dispraise is to me alike:
One doth not stroke me, nor the other strike.
-Ben Johnson

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:49 am

Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:18 am
The Conservative wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:16 am
Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:09 am

You ain't shit till you get to the center of the NMS galaxy on permadeath.
I’m getting close on that one.
I will need a screenshot as proof, with the forum in the foreground to prove it is you.
I said getting close. Not there yet. When I do get there, sure.
#NotOneRedCent

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:53 am

jediuser598 wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:47 am
jediuser598 wrote:

Lol, was playing with a former Marine, and there was some discussion about slaves in the Roman setting. Would players get to own slaves? The DM decides yes, I do the fist pump, "yes, we get to own slaves!" He looks at me and goes, "what kind of liberal are you?"

Then those faggots abolished slavery, because one of them got to be a noble with his own feifdom. Screwed me over as I had 500 slaves enroute. Does that action count as pvp? He gave rights to a lot of my property.
You should have exiled the jews

jediuser598

Post by jediuser598 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:54 am

jediuser598 wrote:

That sounds fun, what're you going to do with which races?
-Ben Johnson

jediuser598

Post by jediuser598 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:59 am

TheReal_ND wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:53 am
jediuser598 wrote:

All the former slaves died. What use did my character have for freed people? They'll get ideas like a five day work week, and 8 hour days, and I'd have to pay them. They got ambushed enroute to the kingdom, and sent someone to tell my character they were besieged. Look, you're all free now, you figure it out. If you were my slaves I'd come and rescue my property, but they weren't.
-Ben Johnson

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:00 am

TheReal_ND wrote:
jediuser598 wrote:

Paradox got cucked and imposed ridiculous penalties on that.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:02 am

jediuser598 wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:59 am
TheReal_ND wrote:
jediuser598 wrote:

All the former slaves died. What use did my character have for freed people? They'll get ideas like a five day work week, and 8 hour days, and I'd have to pay them. They got ambushed enroute to the kingdom, and sent someone to tell my character they were besieged. Look, you're all free now, you figure it out. If you were my slaves I'd come and rescue my property, but they weren't.
Tbh you should have seen that coming.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:57 am

These things could have seriously been bombs. Woh