Public School Education System Thread

DBTrek

Re: Public School Education System Thread

Post by DBTrek » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:06 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:04 pm
They probably need more money to get it right this time.

Hey... money alone won’t solve this.
They need smaller classrooms (again), better pensions(again), more days off (again), and absolutely no employment metrics tied to the performance of their students. That’s just for openers...
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:28 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:00 pm
TEACHER CLAIMS SHE WAS FIRED FOR VIOLATING 'NO ZERO' POLICY BY NOT GIVING CREDIT TO STUDENTS WHO DIDN'T TURN IN PROJECT

...However, she said the school wanted her to automatically input a grade of 50 percent, despite having no assignment to grade, as some kids didn’t turn the project in. Tirado said she expressed her opinion about the policy with the teacher’s union and her assistant principals.

If we are creating people of entitlement to the point where they’re expecting something for nothing what kind of world do you have?” she wondered.

In a statement to Newsweek, St. Lucie Public Schools rebuked Tirado’s claim that there is a policy that prevents teachers from giving students a grade of zero if no work is turned in. The school added that the zero on the grading scale in the handbook is there to indicate work “not attempted” or “incomplete.”

When Tirado was told to input the minimum grade before the marking period was over, she argued that if students got 50 percent without turning the assignment in, a student who received 50 percent for completing the assignment should really be given 100 percent.

Why should they work hard when they know they’re going to pass?” Tirado told Newsweek. “A kid looks me in the eye and says, ‘I don’t have to do anything and you have to give me a 50.’”...

https://www.newsweek.com/teacher-claims ... 7573?amp=1
:doh:
50 is passing now?? i r confused.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:35 pm

Nah, not passing. But imagine getting 2/3rds through the school year and calculating whether or not you could pass with a 50% on all remaining assignments.

Damn .... if I had this deal I could’ve effectively started Summer vacation in April.

“I’m out, just give me 50% on the rest. See you suckers next year!”
:lol:
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:37 pm

They should just grade it on a bell curve, then.

Fife

Post by Fife » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:52 am

:shock:

Cornell University Teams Up With Planned Parenthood to Fight ‘Masculinity’ in Boys as Young as 12
Cornell University researchers and Planned Parenthood are collaborating on a new program to help target “masculinity” in boys as young as 12.

Funded by a $1.8 million grant from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control, the experimental project is led by Cornell University researcher Janis Whitlock, and hopes to explore if “early intervention” can help reduce toxic and unhealthy masculinity in boys.

The program enrolls boys ages 12-14 in small groups of 8-10 kids during an after-school program where the boys meet with a “male role model to focus on activities and discussions that define that it means to be a ‘real man.’”

PJ Media reached out to Whitlock to ask if the program is mandatory for certain boys, as well as for more information on the project, but she declined to comment. Instead, she told PJ Media to contact the NYS Health Department, which did not respond to media inquiries.

According to a Cornell University press release, Whitlock aims to enroll at least 700 boys for her research, and throughout the program, the boys will take multiple surveys to assess their views towards women and healthy relationships.

“This is a perfect time to be giving [boys] a variety of [masculinity] models to choose from, because boys in particular face fairly narrow models of what it means to be a man,” said Whitlock.

Planned Parenthood is also helping with the research. According to a job advertisement posted last week, Planned Parenthood of Buffalo, N.Y. seeks to hire a Data Collection Coordinator to schedule and administer “data collection sessions” for boys in the program.

Notably, it appears as if the project is targeting boys from lower-income and racial minority households, but nobody involved with the research would respond to a request for comment on this.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:56 am

Straight up indoctrination. The State knows better than parents on how a male should be raised.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:57 am

C-Mag wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:56 am
Straight up indoctrination. The State knows better than parents on how a male should be raised.
The state fears strong males because strong males tend to fight authority.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:02 am

Zlaxer wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:57 am
C-Mag wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:56 am
The state fears strong males because strong males tend to fight authority.
:dance:
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:21 am

Like I told you before.. the left is fighting a biological war against you.

Weaken males, feminizing them, and most of them will adopt female traits that predispose them to leftist ideologies.

Ideology is downstream from biology.

Put that on your quote wall

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:56 am

DBTrek wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:06 pm
Speaker to Animals wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:04 pm
They probably need more money to get it right this time.

Hey... money alone won’t solve this.
They need smaller classrooms (again), better pensions(again), more days off (again), and absolutely no employment metrics tied to the performance of their students. That’s just for openers...
Teachers have more than enough time off... as for the rest, smaller classrooms, ok. Better pensions... yeah, right... outside of the union's control perhaps, the same with the majority of the money they take in.

As for no metrics based off of the student's performance, that I would only agree on if the teachers can hold a student back for failing a class. Parents are going to have to take responsibility for their kids succeeding or failing, more so than the teachers.

Schools are babysitting entities.
#NotOneRedCent