Re: Social Justice Warriors Thread

Post by heydaralon » Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:26 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:19 pm
heydaralon wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:18 pm
Martin Hash wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:06 pm

I've been volunteering my services for law, medicine, accounting & engineering for over a decade. What I got was dozens of phone calls a day asking for more volunteering. (Now I don't answer my phone.) I wasn't trying to get famous back then but it didn't contribute to any fame, except fame as someone to exploit.

p.s. Losing elections (or losing anything) doesn't affect me. I have failed at more things than anybody I know, have ever met, or ever heard of; I literally try and fail at 100s of things a year. This is a great strength because censor & embarassment is not effective against me. You don't get all my achievements with a thin skin.
What is a project that you have failed in the last year that wasn't your campaign? I'm not asking to sneer, I am genuinely curious to know what other things you attempt on the side.
Dude, don't you read "Martin's Minutes"?
I'm trying to think. You have discussed the iguana which was my favorite minutes post. I remember the dildo one, the pig cook one, the one where you got that young dude to buy your old shitty car, your son's peruvian adventures and his wedding, and the pig cook. Those are the one's I can think of off the top of my head. I don't remember reading any about you failing a project but idk.
Shikata ga nai

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:29 pm

jediuser598 wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:17 pm
heydaralon wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:15 pm
jediuser598 wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:09 pm

How much you make a year?
Last year I was in school so on the books I made about 14K. I did quite a bit of yardwork on the side so add maybe 6-7K to that. This year I will make about 24K give or take. I have never fronted on here like I had my shit together or had a great career or anything, but I am trying man.
Ha! I make less than you.
I make less than both of you. I only work for about 4 or 5 months a year though.
Work gets in the way of life too much to do it full time.

So many castles so little time...
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

jediuser598

Post by jediuser598 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:30 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:29 pm
jediuser598 wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:17 pm
heydaralon wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:15 pm

Last year I was in school so on the books I made about 14K. I did quite a bit of yardwork on the side so add maybe 6-7K to that. This year I will make about 24K give or take. I have never fronted on here like I had my shit together or had a great career or anything, but I am trying man.
Ha! I make less than you.
I make less than both of you. I only work for about 4 or 5 months a year though.
Work gets in the way of life too much to do it full time.

So many castles so little time...
You American?
Thy praise or dispraise is to me alike:
One doth not stroke me, nor the other strike.
-Ben Johnson

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:33 pm

How dare you...
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:35 pm

I’m thinking 1:100, like I said. I regularly meet people who think I’m hot shit, fame-worthy; “How come I’ve never heard of you?!”

People are famous for no reason at all, it’s totally possible to be The Best Generalist ever.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

jediuser598

Post by jediuser598 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:36 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:33 pm
How dare you...
:lol:

Bro, just saying if you aren't, your social programs are probably much better. Poor and American? Lot harder than poor and European.
Thy praise or dispraise is to me alike:
One doth not stroke me, nor the other strike.
-Ben Johnson

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:40 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:35 pm
I’m thinking 1:100, like I said. I regularly meet people who think I’m hot shit, fame-worthy; “How come I’ve never heard of you?!”

People are famous for no reason at all, it’s totally possible to be The Best Generalist ever.
Is it?

Easy to test.
Hey everybody, who’s your favorite famous person who is known for doing a ton of different things?
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:42 pm

jediuser598 wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:36 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:33 pm
How dare you...
:lol:

Bro, just saying if you aren't, your social programs are probably much better. Poor and American? Lot harder than poor and European.
I'm neither come March 29th.
I don't ever claim benefits I just live a very cheap life.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:54 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:40 pm
Martin Hash wrote:

Is it?

Easy to test.
Hey everybody, who’s your favorite famous person who is known for doing a ton of different things?
Another thing I’ll be the only-ever in.

p.s. Maybe it is only 1:1000? I don’t know, my other claims to fame are 1:billion
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:57 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:40 pm
Martin Hash wrote:

Is it?

Easy to test.
Past or present? There have been a shitload of polymaths throughout history that were pretty awesome. Da Vinci is the one that everyone immediately thinks of, but there are a lot more than him. In the present, the closest example I can think of is Musk. He's doing space travel stuff which is neat, while also pursuing electric cars and tunnels to fix traffic jams. Musk is interesting, but he isn't my favorite person in the present tbh.
Shikata ga nai