Literal Odds and Ends

TheReal_ND

Re: Literal Odds and Ends

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:06 pm

Packing shit out of my hotel now. The job I had was a living wage even while I killed myself for it. All the while I am shaking my head like it is my fault but it's not really. If I had pinched my pennies more I might have got to stay in the hotel a couple more weeks. If I quit smoking cigarettes and drinking beer maybe another month or two. All the while I have been paying down the ridiculous car note on this work van, my son's insurance, everything else. I literally tried my best and hit a wall. Its whatever though. Work got slow, I was the highest payed worker, I get no work now. I get it. I'm moving on I'm just sad because I really liked my place and got co.comfortable.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:08 pm

I just want to sleep all the time now

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:19 pm

Got laid off in April. Been applying for jobs like crazy, only one interview so far. Unemployment is keeping us afloat for now.

Keep your head above water, and focus on family. Life is not over.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:24 pm

I can offer tips on getting work in the tech field, don’t know Jack about blue collar work tho. Did a summer as a masonry labororer and moved concrete wheelbarrows and block till I puked. Never went back.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:22 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:19 pm
Got laid off in April. Been applying for jobs like crazy, only one interview so far. Unemployment is keeping us afloat for now.

Did you really? FFS, that really bums me out dude. I always admired the fact that you landed a cool job through teaching yourself outside of school. Goddamn that sucks. Sorry man.
Shikata ga nai

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:39 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:22 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:19 pm

Did you really? FFS, that really bums me out dude. I always admired the fact that you landed a cool job through teaching yourself outside of school. Goddamn that sucks. Sorry man.
Yeah, it was a solid kick in the teeth. I’m back in school online, and still trying.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Fife

Post by Fife » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:13 am

Turing Test safeword: Poop

Guess Which Single Word Will Convince Other Humans You're Not a Robot
Now that this information is on the internet where any old AI with WiFi could get access to it, the study may not really help us tell person from machine; but it does provide some fascinating insight into our self-perception, and what we feel it means to be human.

It's also, the researchers said, a methodology that could help us explore our perceptions of different kinds of humans - what would we say, for instance, to convince someone else we were a man or a woman, a child or a grandparent, Chinese or Chilean?

"Recall the word that you initially chose to prove that you are human. Perhaps it was a common choice, or perhaps it appeared but one other time, your thoughts in secret affinity with the machinations that produced words such as caterpillar, ethereal, or shenanigans. You may have delighted that your word was judged highly human, or wondered how it would have fared," the researchers wrote.

"Whatever your word, it rested on the ability to rapidly navigate a web of shared meanings, and to make nuanced predictions about how others would do the same. As much as love and compassion, this is part of what it is to be human."

Also: poop, apparently.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:56 pm

• Get two days of training
    Tell boss I'm ready "yeah yeah I get it it's easy man no problem"
    Get loaded up with 15k worth of equipment
    Get a route, "wow I actually have no idea what I'm doing why is my boss just letting me go out here and fake it"
    Everything goes wrong
    Spend 11 hours doing a 2 hour install
    I'm flat broke after buying a shit ton of tools
    MFW

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:37 am

You should be glad you are not a government teacher who has to spend your own money on expensive classroom supplies like notebooks and glitter.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:43 am

TheReal_ND wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:56 pm
  • Get two days of training
    Tell boss I'm ready "yeah yeah I get it it's easy man no problem"
    Get loaded up with 15k worth of equipment
    Get a route, "wow I actually have no idea what I'm doing why is my boss just letting me go out here and fake it"
    Everything goes wrong
    Spend 11 hours doing a 2 hour install
    I'm flat broke after buying a shit ton of tools
    MFW
You have a knack for making tragedy hilarious. :)

Formerly GrumpyCatFace