Another School Shooting

Hastur

Re: Another School Shooting

Post by Hastur » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:33 am

Fear is still the great motivator. I understand why they do this, and the biased media is playing along. It just disgusts me to the core and all the people who see through the BS is just going to go further to the right.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

HarryK

Post by HarryK » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:09 am

I don’t know which is worse. The violence that happens at public institutions? Or the horrible live coverage that is chock full of misinformation.

But the reality is, if we want more protection in these areas it will cost the taxpayers a might sum for the added security. Nor do I think arming teachers is the best solution.
You high fiving MF’er
HarryK

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:11 pm

Accept the death toll for a while or pay the costs for "security". I think America will continue to basically accept more deaths before any real security enforcement will substantially change for better or worse overall. Look at the 50K deaths a year from driving and the what 500K deaths from tobacco for other examples of accepting death by the thousands.
The good, the true, & the beautiful

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:30 pm

The "let's arm teachers" play is a huge tactical error. Nobody wants to live in the society they are describing.

It is about as ineffective as the "let's just legalize all drugs" meme.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:36 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:30 pm
The "let's arm teachers" play is a huge tactical error. Nobody wants to live in the society they are describing.

It is about as ineffective as the "let's just legalize all drugs" meme.
Yeah
We are just trying to get teachers to do their jobs and not rape the students, I don’t see adding guns to the mix helping
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:55 pm

Gun deaths as a statistic are not what they appear. Usually suicide is lumped in, which is a significant amount of the deaths. There is other fuckery at work in how they calculate the deaths as well. Its irritating that it is politically impossible to have a sane conversation about this on tv. The politicians know that they would never be able to revoke the second amendment via constitutional convention so they just try to weasel around and manouvre, doing things like banning a certain type of gun, that is often less lethal and less used, but looks scarier or they will blame a certain part of the gun or an ammo, as though that would stop the next shooter. I don't own a gun, and I am not an expert on firearms, but the media coverage of them is so disingenuous that it is unwatchable.
Shikata ga nai

HarryK

Post by HarryK » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:58 pm

I’m in the same camp as you. It’s more disturbing that parents do a poor job of keeping guns away from small children. Those “accidents” are more tragic IMO.

The 2nd amendment should always prevail in spite of the unintended consequences.
You high fiving MF’er
HarryK

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:14 pm

There are so many great non lethal tool we could equip teachers with, IMO arming teachers sidetracks everything.

We want the adults in the school to have means to defend themselves and kids, an ability to resist an attack
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience