Personality Test

GloryofGreece

Re: Personality Test

Post by GloryofGreece » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:59 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:53 pm
GloryofGreece wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:40 pm
I'm very surprised that your that open and that low in conscientiousness. I imagine you as a catholic, ex military, highly disciplined, smart, well read, maniac basically. I obviously don't really know you. :P But that's to be expected since all of our interactions have been online in this or the DCF.
Strike out the highly disciplined part. Then consider the ex-military part is only because I was a fuck up out of high school and my family are all military veterans, so I figured fuck it. I am Catholic because of personal experience, and I would not have just gone to mass without grace.

So when you take out the trajectory created by growing up in a military family, and you take out the grace, you are just left with an intellectual asshole with organization/discipline problems.

Which I suppose is also called an INTP.
Aren't all true Catholics truly believers b/c of grace though, regardless of background? ;)

If you recovering from injury/ies (i think you've mentioned that) and either way you workout regularly then to me that makes you disciplined. Also, you read a lot, also discipline etc. Plus whatever the reason for the military you joined and survived, discipline.(?)
The good, the true, & the beautiful

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:07 pm

All that discipline is forced.

The military imposes discipline.

I train every day because if I do not the severe pain comes right back (imagine that as your gym motivation).

I read a lot because I hord knowledge and ideas, and cannot stop trying to understand the world better than everybody else. I am not actually trying to solve anything. You probably get upset because you cannot figure out how to solve problems like degeneracy. I just enjoy understanding how it all burns down and want to post that knowledge first before the lights go out.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:16 pm

I’m really annoyed at how similar we are.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:20 pm

Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:07 pm
All that discipline is forced.

The military imposes discipline.

I train every day because if I do not the severe pain comes right back (imagine that as your gym motivation).

I read a lot because I hord knowledge and ideas, and cannot stop trying to understand the world better than everybody else. I am not actually trying to solve anything. You probably get upset because you cannot figure out how to solve problems like degeneracy. I just enjoy understanding how it all burns down and want to post that knowledge first before the lights go out.

Ill just leave it with "whatever the reasoning you have it".

I do get upset trying to intellectually "solve" problems as silly as someone like myself thinking they can is. I usually have solutions to social/cultural/philosophical issues but that's only after tons and tons of research and thinking. I love knowledge for knowledge sake. Maybe usually the purpose behind it isn't always just to feast on information but yes a utility can be behind that first motivation. But that utility is again usually just improving myself morally and personally. Curiosity still plays a huge role.

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:29 pm

Can you explain the "J" judging in Briggs typology? So how do I use that aspect of my personality vs. say "P" perceiving? I think of myself as very judgmental in my own evaluation of my personal downfalls and mistakes etc. but way more tolerant an at least don't treat people differently when it comes down to in person. I teach kids so theres that too. I mean for example i think being gay is morally wrong and against nature. I don't have a problem teaching gays though or interacting with them in varies capacities.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:38 pm

Lifestyle preferences: judging/perception Edit
Myers and Briggs added another dimension to Jung's typological model by identifying that people also have a preference for using either the judging function (thinking or feeling) or their perceiving function (sensing or intuition) when relating to the outside world (extraversion).

Myers and Briggs held that types with a preference for judging show the world their preferred judging function (thinking or feeling). So, TJ types tend to appear to the world as logical and FJ types as empathetic. According to Myers,[1]:75 judging types like to "have matters settled".

Those types who prefer perception show the world their preferred perceiving function (sensing or intuition). So, SP types tend to appear to the world as concrete and NP types as abstract. According to Myers,[1]:75 perceptive types prefer to "keep decisions open".

For extraverts, the J or P indicates their dominant function; for introverts, the J or P indicates their auxiliary function[citation needed]. Introverts tend to show their dominant function outwardly only in matters "important to their inner worlds".[1]:13 For example:

Because the ENTJ type is extraverted, the J indicates that the dominant function is the preferred judging function (extraverted thinking). The ENTJ type introverts the auxiliary perceiving function (introverted intuition). The tertiary function is sensing and the inferior function is introverted feeling.

Because the INTJ type is introverted, however, the J instead indicates that the auxiliary function is the preferred judging function (extraverted thinking). The INTJ type introverts the dominant perceiving function (introverted intuition). The tertiary function is feeling and the inferior function is extraverted sensing.

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:54 pm

Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:38 pm
Lifestyle preferences: judging/perception Edit
Myers and Briggs added another dimension to Jung's typological model by identifying that people also have a preference for using either the judging function (thinking or feeling) or their perceiving function (sensing or intuition) when relating to the outside world (extraversion).

Myers and Briggs held that types with a preference for judging show the world their preferred judging function (thinking or feeling). So, TJ types tend to appear to the world as logical and FJ types as empathetic. According to Myers,[1]:75 judging types like to "have matters settled".

Those types who prefer perception show the world their preferred perceiving function (sensing or intuition). So, SP types tend to appear to the world as concrete and NP types as abstract. According to Myers,[1]:75 perceptive types prefer to "keep decisions open".

For extraverts, the J or P indicates their dominant function; for introverts, the J or P indicates their auxiliary function[citation needed]. Introverts tend to show their dominant function outwardly only in matters "important to their inner worlds".[1]:13 For example:

Because the ENTJ type is extraverted, the J indicates that the dominant function is the preferred judging function (extraverted thinking). The ENTJ type introverts the auxiliary perceiving function (introverted intuition). The tertiary function is sensing and the inferior function is introverted feeling.

Because the INTJ type is introverted, however, the J instead indicates that the auxiliary function is the preferred judging function (extraverted thinking). The INTJ type introverts the dominant perceiving function (introverted intuition). The tertiary function is feeling and the inferior function is extraverted sensing.
I can see that for sure.I also feel like I pay extra attention to trying to perceive beauty especially in art and nature, but I already know or think its awesome so I guess im still judging even while perceiving.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:04 pm

"J" means you finish shit.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:47 am

Myers Briggs is bullshit if you ask me. The only somewhat positive aspect of it is that it opens the mind to the fact that people are different. It comes as a surprise to some. It's constructed to be sold as a course to HR departments so it has that "everyone's a winner aspect of it". No company is going to pay for a two-day conference that ends up showing to some of the employees that they are hopeless losers. The results of an MB test is about as useful as a horoscope.

The one that shows some hope of actually predicting something useful is the big five test.
The Big Five personality traits are:

Openness
Conscientiousness
Extraversion
Agreeableness
Neuroticism
or OCEAN:

Openness - People who like to learn new things and enjoy new experiences usually score high in openness. Openness includes traits like being insightful and imaginative and having a wide variety of interests.
Conscientiousness - People that have a high degree of conscientiousness are reliable and prompt. Traits include being organized, methodic, and thorough.
Extraversion - Extraverts get their energy from interacting with others, while introverts get their energy from within themselves. Extraversion includes the traits of energetic, talkative, and assertive.
Agreeableness - These individuals are friendly, cooperative, and compassionate. People with low agreeableness may be more distant. Traits include being kind, affectionate, and sympathetic.
Neuroticism - Neuroticism is also sometimes called Emotional Stability. This dimension relates to one’s emotional stability and degree of negative emotions. People that score high on neuroticism often experience emotional instability and negative emotions. Traits include being moody and tense.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:58 am

I think the opposite. That Jordan Petetson-style schema reeks of vacuous empiricism.

There exists no theoretical model underneath it that makes any holistic sense.

The MB schema makes a ton of sense. It's extremely predictive as well.

Each axis really does come down to two competing strategies. There is thinking and feeling, for example, and no third modaility.

But maybe for an INTP, we need theory under the hood, and if you are mostly a sensing individual, you just do not "get" the theory and want some messy, convoluted schema of unrelated traits that you think you can measure with instruments or something. But that just proves my point.