Social Justice Warriors Thread

Martin Hash

Re: Social Justice Warriors Thread

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:01 pm

Don’t tax businesses at all, only people. Withhold dividends to foreigners at the highest tax rate until they prove what bracket they’re in.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:02 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:01 pm
Don’t tax businesses at all, only people. Withhold dividends to foreigners at the highest tax rate until they prove what bracket they’re in.
:think:

Shit, that’s pretty good. I’ll have to think on that.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:06 pm

Businesses would have to distribute all their profit yearly. (99% of businesses already do.)

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:43 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:06 pm
Businesses would have to distribute all their profit yearly. (99% of businesses already do.)
:clap:
Dr Martin Hash, Esquire................SMARTEST MAN IN THE WORLD
cause the competition ain't that tough.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:15 am

I'm not familiar with your system. Will the welfare payment go down if you take a job and start earning?

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:45 am

Once you start subsidizing a labor force, it's going to grow. As long as there are people willing to take a low-paing job and depend on government assistance to make up the rest, the most unscrupulous employers will just lower wages to attract those applicants. This spreads as more and more people are forced to choose between joblessness and working poor. The choice between having a job with government assistance and just being totally on government assistance is no choice at all for most.

It's a terrible idea.

I do not have a problem with some kind of workfare. Just keep that shit out of the private labor market.

You cannot even pretend like this is hypothetical. What I described here is exactly what has happened over the past fifteen years or so.

It's also very interesting to see the same characters defending their alleged dogma of "free markets" for businesses then defend fucking with free markets for labor -- unless fucking with the labor market means businesses might pay more for labor.. It's almost as if there is no principle in play for them at all other than merchant values of making a buck no matter what.

jediuser598

Post by jediuser598 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:29 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:45 am
Once you start subsidizing a labor force, it's going to grow. As long as there are people willing to take a low-paing job and depend on government assistance to make up the rest, the most unscrupulous employers will just lower wages to attract those applicants. This spreads as more and more people are forced to choose between joblessness and working poor. The choice between having a job with government assistance and just being totally on government assistance is no choice at all for most.

It's a terrible idea.

I do not have a problem with some kind of workfare. Just keep that shit out of the private labor market.

You cannot even pretend like this is hypothetical. What I described here is exactly what has happened over the past fifteen years or so.

It's also very interesting to see the same characters defending their alleged dogma of "free markets" for businesses then defend fucking with free markets for labor -- unless fucking with the labor market means businesses might pay more for labor.. It's almost as if there is no principle in play for them at all other than merchant values of making a buck no matter what.
What of minimum wage?
Thy praise or dispraise is to me alike:
One doth not stroke me, nor the other strike.
-Ben Johnson

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:35 am

As long as government subsidizes Minimum Wage, I don't have a problem with it. (Giving a society Work Ethic is NOT business's problem, it's government's problem.)

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:41 am

The argument always devolves to who pays to keep The Poor employed: the Middle Class or The Rich, and hardly anyone ever thinks The Rich should pay any more taxes. I don't know if it's knee-jerk Conservative resistance or an inherited alligance to royalty?

p.s. And there's the Libertarians who who ignore the problem, or imagine it isn't terminal.

Fife

Post by Fife » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:43 am