'Fire in a Crowded Theater' is a Dead Giveaway

SuburbanFarmer

Re: 'Fire in a Crowded Theater' is a Dead Giveaway

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:36 pm

Definitely no trolling going on here, nope. Just some 'free speech' and stuff.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:58 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:36 pm
Definitely no trolling going on here, nope. Just some 'free speech' and stuff.
A simple prop to occupy my time

Ph64

Post by Ph64 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:19 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:05 pm
Civility crushes you?
Without the freedom to cyberstalk you have nothing?
That's sad man, I feel for you.
Do you need a hug?
Bad language/incivility crushes you?
Without the authority to make safe spaces so others stop saying bad things you don't approve of you have nothing?
Do you need a hug? Maybe a cry?

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:35 pm

Ph64 wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:19 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
Civility crushes you?
Do you need a hug?
Without the authority to make safe spaces so others stop saying bad things you don't approve of you have nothing?
Actually yes. Two years of being called a child fucker everytime you post gets to you.
I think you will find that the majority of the board agrees that it does not pass the punch in the face test.
We should start a poll.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:15 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:35 pm
Ph64 wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:
Civility crushes you?
Do you need a hug?
Actually yes. Two years of being called a child fucker everytime you post gets to you.
I think you will find that the majority of the board agrees that it does not pass the punch in the face test.
We should start a poll.
This one goes out to the one I love

Ph64

Post by Ph64 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:07 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Ph64 wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:
Civility crushes you?
Do you need a hug?
We should start a poll.
Interesting. See, here's a thought for you, there's an option here for friends/foes where it'll block you seeing posts from people that I guess you feel regularly offend you. In fact I believe there's similar features on Fakebook, Twatter, and all kinds of other sites. All available to you to choose of your own free will, to moderate your own view without being authoritarian and trying to actively censor others so nobody can see them, even if they want to.

It's amazing that technology allows you to totally ignore people you feel offend you while allowing those you do agree with to get through, isn't it? You get to build your own filter bubble, all based on your own free choices, without limiting anyone else!! Talk about freedom!!

Yet, somehow, you seem more focused on limiting the freedom of others you disagree with. Curious. It's almost as if rather than being truly "liberal" (as in for liberty/freedom) you are more interested in authority/control over others.

Sounds more like dictatorship than freedom/liberty to me.

I mean here's the thing.. "two years of being called a child fucker"... Well, are you? I mean, if you are not, and you know you aren't and are confident you aren't, what does it matter? Didn't you ever learn "sticks and stones..."?? Are you *that* fucking sensitive to what others think, *that* insecure in yourself, that name calling really matters, that you can't just shrug it off? Perhaps you should look at yourself and your own insecurities if so. I mean, call me a Nazi, call me racist, call me whatever... I know myself enough to know that's a steaming pile of nonsense meant only to try to provoke a response from me. I won't take it personally or seriously.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:53 pm

Ph64 wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:07 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
Ph64 wrote:

We should start a poll.
Interesting. See, here's a thought for you, there's an option here for friends/foes where it'll block you seeing posts from people that I guess you feel regularly offend you. In fact I believe there's similar features on Fakebook, Twatter, and all kinds of other sites. All available to you to choose of your own free will, to moderate your own view without being authoritarian and trying to actively censor others so nobody can see them, even if they want to.

It's amazing that technology allows you to totally ignore people you feel offend you while allowing those you do agree with to get through, isn't it? You get to build your own filter bubble, all based on your own free choices, without limiting anyone else!! Talk about freedom!!

Yet, somehow, you seem more focused on limiting the freedom of others you disagree with. Curious. It's almost as if rather than being truly "liberal" (as in for liberty/freedom) you are more interested in authority/control over others.

I mean here's the thing.. "two years of being called a child fucker"... Well, are you? I mean, if you are not, and you know you aren't and are confident you aren't, what does it matter? Didn't you ever learn "sticks and stones..."?? Are you *that* fucking sensitive to what others think, *that* insecure in yourself, that name calling really matters, that you can't just shrug it off? Perhaps you should look at yourself and your own insecurities if so. I mean, call me a Nazi, call me racist, call me whatever... I know myself enough to know that's a steaming pile of nonsense meant only to try to provoke a response from me. I won't take it personally or seriously.
Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrre
Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrre

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:03 pm

Ph64 wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:
Ph64 wrote:

We should start a poll.

So when some new member comes in and sees it do you think it will encourage them to stay?
Would you put up with it in your local bar?
Nothing to do with being offended or insecure it's about setting a tone which encourages actual debate rather than juvenile insults.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:59 pm

Montegriffo wrote:

Montegriffo wrote:
Nothing to do with being offended or insecure

Ph64

Post by Ph64 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:29 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:03 pm
Ph64 wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:

We should start a poll.

So when some new member comes in and sees it do you think it will encourage them to stay?
Is there some reason I should care whether someone I have never met stays of not?
Would you put up with it in your local bar?
At 54 I don't frequent the bars very much anymore. When I was in my 20s, sure, I put up with a lot of assholes at the bar while hanging out with friends. If they annoyed me, I ignored them. At this point in my life if I was frequenting a particular bar and discovered it was full of annoying asshole people... Well, I'd find another bar. What I *wouldnt* do is sit around griping about all the assholes there and thinking they'll change because I tell them I think they're assholes. That's just fucking pointless
Nothing to do with being offended or insecure it's about setting a tone which encourages actual debate rather than juvenile insults.
And who are you to demand the "tone be set" to whatever you think it should be? Was there a vote to elect you the "tone police"?