SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:22 am
The Conservative wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:19 am
pineapplemike wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:04 am
fucking nerds. my uncle that works at nintendo says COD4 was the best
You say nerd like it’s a bad thing,

COD:4 was the quest for more money. Nothing more, nothing less.
Nah, zombie mode influenced gaming for a decade. You have no idea what you’re talking about.
Play Doom if you want Zombie Mode.

Realistically the only good thing about COD:4 was the zombie mode.
#NotOneRedCent

pineapplemike

Re: Social Justice Warriors Thread

Post by pineapplemike » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:27 am

zombies? call of duty 4? go back to arguing about politics, nerds
Zombies, originally known as Nazi Zombies, is a game mode appearing in Treyarch games that first appeared in Call of Duty: World at War. It became highly popular upon the game's release, and returned in its sequels Call of Duty: Black Ops, Call of Duty: Black Ops II and again in Call of Duty: Black Ops III.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:32 am

pineapplemike wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:18 am
I've been thinking about it and I'll bet this is more of a reflection of the global movie market than a slight to Americans necessarily. This image comes to mind, US blu-ray movie releases compared to the international versions:

Maybe. One is movie content and the other simply marketing material, but it’s possible. Of course, if the whole movie is about Americans going to the moon, and the whole world knows we’re the only nation that has gone to the moon, I fail to see how depicting the American flag in the movie affects anything.

I hope the movie tanks, and Gosling gets a string of shit offers after this, personally.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:32 am

I played the shit out of WaW.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:35 am

pineapplemike wrote:
DBTrek wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:45 am
Ryan Gosling defends Neil Armstrong biopic 'First Man' leaving out American flag in moon landing scene

The film fails to show one of the most integral moments of American history – when Armstrong plants the American flag on the moon, according to The Telegraph. Ryan Gosling, the Canadian actor who portrays Armstrong in the movie, defended the decision to not show the flag.

Gosling was asked at the Venice Film Festival whether omitting the scene was deliberate and the actor attempted to sidestep the question by responding that the moon landing “transcended countries and borders.”

“I think this was widely regarded in the end as a human achievement [and] that's how we chose to view it,” he told reporters. "I also think Neil was extremely humble, as were many of these astronauts, and time and time again he deferred the focus from himself to the 400,000 people who made the mission possible.”

Gosling said he didn’t think Armstrong “viewed himself as an American hero.”...

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/20 ... n.amp.html
Taking “You didn’t build that” to all new heights.
I've been thinking about it and I'll bet this is more of a reflection of the global movie market than a slight to Americans necessarily. This image comes to mind, US blu-ray movie releases compared to the international versions:

Disagree.

Hollywood is desperate to not remind people how great we once were, but no longer are.

Now Twitter is actually censoring images of the flag planted on the Moon. Chuck Yeager is lambasting this film's portayal of Armstrong as a fucking liberal. I dare them to censor him.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:37 am

Y’all don’t know shit about COMBAT on the Atari 2600.
OG’s only.

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:39 am

DBTrek wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:32 am
pineapplemike wrote:

Maybe. One is movie content and the other simply marketing material, but it’s possible. Of course, if the whole movie is about Americans going to the moon, and the whole world knows we’re the only nation that has gone to the moon, I fail to see how depicting the American flag in the movie affects anything.

I hope the movie tanks, and Gosling gets a string of shit offers after this, personally.
yea but you know as well as i do that these mass-produced movies, from beginning of conception to release, are nothing more than money grabs, and the money is coming in from china
Hollywood says China will soon be world’s top film market, as ticket sales overtake US-Canada in 2018
https://www.scmp.com/culture/film-tv/ar ... -us-canada

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:47 am

pineapplemike wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:39 am

yea but you know as well as i do that these mass-produced movies, from beginning of conception to release, are nothing more than money grabs, and the money is coming in from china
Hollywood says China will soon be world’s top film market, as ticket sales overtake US-Canada in 2018
China knows we’ve been to the moon and they haven’t.
But cool, let American audiences skip this one and let’s see how interested China is in supporting a movie about the American moon landing being a victory “for everyone”.

Cuz I know Russia ain’t buying that shit. It would be like them trying to tell is that Sputnik I was a victory for humanity. It was a space race, and races have winners and losers.
Lulz

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:51 am

DBTrek wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:37 am
Y’all don’t know shit about COMBAT on the Atari 2600.
OG’s only.
Pong me bitch.
#NotOneRedCent

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:54 am

DBTrek wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:47 am
pineapplemike wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:39 am

China knows we’ve been to the moon and they haven’t.
But cool, let American audiences skip this one and let’s see how interested China is in supporting a movie about the American moon landing being a victory “for everyone”.

Cuz I know Russia ain’t buying that shit. It would be like them trying to tell is that Sputnik I was a victory for humanity. It was a space race, and races have winners and losers.
Lulz
thats fine, i'm not saying it's a wise business decision but at the end of the day i think that's what it is- a business decision