THE ERA OF TRUMP

SuburbanFarmer

Re: THE ERA OF TRUMP

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:40 am

pineapplemike wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:58 am
Allen Weisselberg, Longtime Trump Organization CFO, Is Granted Immunity in Cohen Probe
https://www.wsj.com/articles/allen-weis ... 1535121992
David Pecker, CEO of National Enquirer Publisher, Granted Immunity in Michael Cohen Case
https://www.wsj.com/articles/pecker-gra ... malertNEWS
Looks like some dominoes are falling.

I know I won’t love Pence as president, but hopefully he can give us time to restabalize a bit.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:44 am

:lol:

Were you also expecting Obama to resign or get impeached when his campaign was found in violation of campaign finance laws, or are you just a shoe-wearing crumbcake faggot living in the delusional big rock candy mountain land of MSM faggotry?

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:55 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:44 am

Were you also expecting Obama to resign or get impeached when his campaign was found in violation of campaign finance laws, or are you just a shoe-wearing crumbcake faggot living in the delusional big rock candy mountain land of MSM faggotry?
I expect he should have been impeached when he wrote an open check to the banks, but we know how spineless the government is.

They want trump gone. And he’ll be gone soon. Simple fact, and doesn’t really matter what you or I think.

These guys are getting immunity because they offered up evidence. There’s really no need to bloviate about it.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:57 am

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:57 am

The real horror show will be seeing what happens if he refuses to give up power.

That could shred this thing for good.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:00 am

ooky

Post by ooky » Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:25 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:44 am

I love how you sycophantically parrot points from Fox News et al (aka Trump's state propaganda machine) and Trump's inaccurate tweets and then accuse everyone else of being an "MSM faggot".

Obama had to pay a fine because they did not meet reporting deadlines for some large donations received at the very end of the campaign. This is fairly typical, and it should be noted that everything WAS disclosed, it just missed a deadline. A fine was paid and all was good. Same thing happened to Bob Dole in 1996 and also appears that Trump had something like this too on 1.3 MM in campaign donations. No one ever goes to jail or gets in serious trouble for this sort of common red tape misstep, it is a civil infraction solved via application of fines.

What was alleged by Cohen here is that he knowingly and willfully made illegal contributions at Trump’s direction and with the intention of hiding the purpose of the payments, which Cohen says were to influence the outcome of the election, which would make his offense criminal. None of these payments were ever disclosed voluntarily by the Trump administration or campaign. And as a cherry on top, he clearly lied about it to the American people several times. I think the better parallel here is John Edwards, who was charged and went to trial.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:34 am

Jesus Christ, who's parroting the Party Line? Alan Dershowitz has already said this is a bunch of bullshit. You're not a fucking lawyer.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

ooky

Post by ooky » Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:46 am

Alan Dershowitz is a hack who loves fame. And he actually argued that this isn't a crime because anyone can contribute as much to their own campaign as they want. This argument entirely ignores the fact that Cohen was reimbursed for the campaign payments by the Trump Organization, not the candidate himself. This would be why Cohen pleaded guilty to facilitating an illegal corporate contribution. Also, Dershowitz ignored the fact that this would also implicate Trump in intent to circumvent reporting requirements.

Annnd I know Cohen is a liar (it sure seems like everyone in Trump's orbit is a liar and a crook to some degree), but he DID produce a tape showing Trump knew and Trump directed him to do it, so I actually think he is not lying about this.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:00 pm

This time he’s done for really really real.

At least they’ve come to the realization that use of judicial force is their only hope for seizing back control. Woe be to us regular folk if the “know-betters” take power back after discovering that the common citizen isn’t on board with their Marxist cult.

Sounds like a recipe for re-education camps!
Lulz
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"