Social Justice Warriors Thread

Hastur

Re: Social Justice Warriors Thread

Post by Hastur » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:38 am

Haumana wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:28 am
Hastur wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:16 am
I know that illegal immigration to the US and refugee immigration to Sweden are different things but I recognize the arguments about them providing a net profit for the community used as an excuse to legitimize it. It always struck me as a bit beside the point here. Are we sheltering persecuted people for profit? Why do we assume that Swedes won't do the jobs "these people" are supposed to do? Cleaning, elder care, simple service etc? Are we all the same or are they different? Make up your minds, "anti-racists"!

Anyway, I digress. Here's a recent study of our costs/revenues for refugee immigration, if you're curious.

https://economics.handels.gu.se/digital ... nances.pdf
How much do you think the dynamics of immigrants has changed since 2007? Are the Slavs still leading the way as immigrants to your country?
What do you mean by "leading the way"?

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:45 am

Hastur wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:38 am
Sorry for the poor phrasing, I meant highest in percentage of the total number of immigrants. 30.1% of all immigrants were from Yugoslavia followed by 23% from Iraq, if I am reading the report correctly. I was just wondering if they are still the most common immigrants or has another country taken the lead in the last decade.

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:01 am

Haumana wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:45 am
Hastur wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:38 am
Sorry for the poor phrasing, I meant highest in percentage of the total number of immigrants. 30.1% of all immigrants were from Yugoslavia followed by 23% from Iraq, if I am reading the report correctly. I was just wondering if they are still the most common immigrants or has another country taken the lead in the last decade.
Not a lot of people coming from former Yugoslavia now. The war is over for a long time. I went there (Montenegro) for holiday this summer. Great place.

If you are talking about refugees seeking asylum it looks like this (country name in Swedish, sorry). Numbers from 2015.

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:05 am

Hastur wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:01 am

Not a lot of people coming from former Yugoslavia now. The war is over for a long time. I went there (Montenegro) for holiday this summer. Great place.

If you are talking about refugees seeking asylum it looks like this (country name in Swedish, sorry). Numbers from 2015.

That's what I was guessing. How is the integration going with current top 3 as of 2015? Crazy that "Stateless" (at least that is the translation Google gave me) is number 4. What qualifies one as being stateless in Swedish law?

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:12 am

Haumana wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:05 am
Hastur wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:01 am

That's what I was guessing. How is the integration going with current top 3 as of 2015? Crazy that "Stateless" (at least that is the translation Google gave me) is number 4. What qualifies one as being stateless in Swedish law?
Most of them on that list are Palestinians from Syria. It's people who have no citizenship anywhere. Not to be confused with paperless people whose citizenship is under investigation.

We don't know how they will integrate. Time will tell. You can look at that report I linked if you want to get a hint of what to expect. There are some comprehensive tables at the end.
Last edited by Hastur on Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:14 am

Hastur wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:12 am
Most of them on that list are Palestinians from Syria. It's people who have no citizenship anywhere. Not to be confused with paperless people whose citizenship is under investigation.
Thanks for the insight.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:36 am

#NotOneRedCent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:43 am

The Conservative wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:36 am
You asked for links, what your point beyond shit posting?
You posted some links with no explanation, I did the same.

Yours appear to count only one side of the equation, I’m just providibg the other side. The costs that you outlined are minuscule compared to our agricultural production. A rounding error, in fact.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:58 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:43 am
The Conservative wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:36 am
You asked for links, what your point beyond shit posting?
You posted some links with no explanation, I did the same.

Yours appear to count only one side of the equation, I’m just providing the other side. The costs that you outlined are minuscule compared to our agricultural production. A rounding error, in fact.
Actually no, you asked for links about a key argument point. I provided them.

If I needed to break down why I needed to post them, then you need to walk away from the argument and accept you are wrong... But we know that will never happen.
#NotOneRedCent

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:07 pm

:lol: She just nodded her head and say "Mmm hmm, that's true." 10's of millions of Americans....