Social Justice Warriors Thread

PartyOf5

Re: Social Justice Warriors Thread

Post by PartyOf5 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:17 am

They think they can "educate" us dumb hicks into seeing the light of their ways. They believe that if they push this stuff enough, eventually we will come around to seeing things their way. It's like a cult.

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:22 am

C-Mag wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:32 am
:lol:

How long will it take before they understand we've rejected what they are pushing.
Why does he keep pronouncing women as wahmen?

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:26 am

BjornP wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:11 am
Hastur wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:15 am

The developers and the people handling customer relations and support know exactly what the paying customers want. They are not a silent majority. You don't even have to ask to be told if you know how to listen.

If the developers and marketing department already know excatly what the paying customers want, but still go for some social media pressure group says... then why? Do the heads of EA want to make less, but more "virtue signalling", money? What do they gain by that? Not more money, certainly. You think people like the heads of EA really, earnest and sincerely sympathize with most of the SJW talking points and pressure their teams to abide by such values?

Look, I've always known that capitalism and the market isn't always right or rational, but I've also assumed that at least if you go into the micro-spectrum of the individual company, you'd find company leaders who simply wanted to make more money for themselves and their shareholders or investors. At least you could trust that.
Why do you presume that the management listens to developers or customer care? (I did not say marketing)

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:34 am

PartyOf5 wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:22 am

as far as i know, pewdiepie started saying it and it caught on https://youtu.be/ZZLLg7HTCQs

do u respect wamen

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:27 am

Hastur wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:26 am
BjornP wrote:
Hastur wrote:

The developers and the people handling customer relations and support know exactly what the paying customers want. They are not a silent majority. You don't even have to ask to be told if you know how to listen.

If the developers and marketing department already know excatly what the paying customers want, but still go for some social media pressure group says... then why? Do the heads of EA want to make less, but more "virtue signalling", money? What do they gain by that? Not more money, certainly. You think people like the heads of EA really, earnest and sincerely sympathize with most of the SJW talking points and pressure their teams to abide by such values?

Look, I've always known that capitalism and the market isn't always right or rational, but I've also assumed that at least if you go into the micro-spectrum of the individual company, you'd find company leaders who simply wanted to make more money for themselves and their shareholders or investors. At least you could trust that.
Why do you presume that the management listens to developers or customer care? (I did not say marketing)
I said marketing, though. We're talking badly past each other, and I made it worse by asking you about developers when I meant those above them (like I was referring to initially). Here's my inititial post.
If those above developers (marketing analysts and the CEO's) think popular trends on Twitter is an accurate, numerically representative, representation of social reality, it's no wonder they pander to SJW trends and demands. It's probably also cheaper listening to people screaming for attention online, and pretend like they must be an accurate representation of gamers, than actually study what the silent majority want.
"Those above developers" = management, marketing. Marketing is done by clueless morons who spend all day on social media platforms to learn what "people really think and want". Management are morons who blindly trust those seers and tealeaf-observers to tell them what there's a demand for, and what there could be a demand for.

So I don't presume that management listens to developers or customer care. I presume they listen to some market analysts to tell them what the customer base really want. And because they can't do their job, games go woke and broke. When I talk about "silent" majority, I'm talking silent to the market analysts. To those who determine what the "true" size of the market is, and who thus will come to influence how much SJW fodder a game will get.
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:28 am

How a movie in 1993 predicted the current environment with a decent level of accuracy.

#NotOneRedCent

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:30 am

BjornP wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:27 am
Hastur wrote:
BjornP wrote:

I said marketing, though. We're talking badly past each other, and I made it worse by asking you about developers when I meant those above them (like I was referring to initially). Here's my inititial post.
If those above developers (marketing analysts and the CEO's) think popular trends on Twitter is an accurate, numerically representative, representation of social reality, it's no wonder they pander to SJW trends and demands. It's probably also cheaper listening to people screaming for attention online, and pretend like they must be an accurate representation of gamers, than actually study what the silent majority want.
"Those above developers" = management, marketing. Marketing is done by clueless morons who spend all day on social media platforms to learn what "people really think and want". Management are morons who blindly trust those seers and tealeaf-observers to tell them what there's a demand for, and what there could be a demand for.

So I don't presume that management listens to developers or customer care. I presume they listen to some market analysts to tell them what the customer base really want. And because they can't do their job, games go woke and broke. When I talk about "silent" majority, I'm talking silent to the market analysts. To those who determine what the "true" size of the market is, and who thus will come to influence how much SJW fodder a game will get.
A good company will listen.
#NotOneRedCent

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:46 am

BjornP wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:27 am
Hastur wrote:

Remember that Gamergate was ground zero for the current SJW movement. I think the managers of big game companies lies awake at night trying to think up ways not to offend the wrong people. I have no idea why EA thought it was a good idea to buy DICE. Their core market was always sports, adventure and sims, not hardcore wargames. Trying to tell upper management types not to meddle is not a good career move. If they don't try to fix things that aren't broken, what are they good for?

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:05 am

BjornP wrote:
Hastur wrote:

After you see these companies shoot their foot off for the millionth time, you have to accept that they know everything we know, and they choose to do it anyway.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:08 am

PartyOf5 wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:22 am
C-Mag wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:32 am
:lol:

How long will it take before they understand we've rejected what they are pushing.
https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/wamen
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751