Social Justice Warriors Thread

Speaker to Animals

Re: Social Justice Warriors Thread

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:42 am

C-Mag wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:41 am
Speaker to Animals wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:32 am
So I am getting the nerdy Asian girl instead??

I was thinking of sending you a Haitian Girl sponsored by the Clinton Global Initiative ;)
Wait. That's a fifty-fifty kind of thing. There actually are some pretty hot Haitian girls. Then there are the ones that will eat you.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:48 am

Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:42 am
C-Mag wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:32 am
So I am getting the nerdy Asian girl instead??

I was thinking of sending you a Haitian Girl sponsored by the Clinton Global Initiative ;)
Wait. That's a fifty-fifty kind of thing. There actually are some pretty hot Haitian girls. Then there are the ones that will eat you.
What if they are a little column A and a little column B?

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:50 am

clubgop wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:48 am
Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:42 am
C-Mag wrote:

What if they are a little column A and a little column B?
I might take my chances with that one. Honestly. I don't make the wisest decisions with respect to females.

Growing up in Florida, I do profess that a lot of those Haitian and Bahamian girls give me a chub.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:16 pm

doc_loliday wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:56 pm
My dad got me some cool pencils from Germany, but they're 0.5 and 0.3 and I just can't use them.
Hell I'll take them off your hands... I'll pay going rate for then if they are in decent condition and quality.
#NotOneRedCent

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:32 am

:lol:

How long will it take before they understand we've rejected what they are pushing.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:09 am

C-Mag wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:32 am

How long will it take before they understand we've rejected what they are pushing.
Just learned about this phrase today.

Get Woke, Go Broke
Get Woke, Go Broke is a phrase coined by the internationally bestselling author John Ringo to express the opinion that when organizations "get woke" to politically correct actions, those same actions usually result in a massive loss of income.

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:33 am

C-Mag wrote:

A lot of that crap is pushed onto the developers from above. I have that on very good authority since I know people who are working as designers at DICE. I will have to talk to someone and find out more on why Patrick Söderlund is leaving. My guess is "creative differences".

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:11 am

Hastur wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:33 am
C-Mag wrote:

A lot of that crap is pushed onto the developers from above. I have that on very good authority since I know people who are working as designers at DICE. I will have to talk to someone and find out more on why Patrick Söderlund is leaving. My guess is "creative differences".
If those above developers (marketing analysts and the CEO's) think popular trends on Twitter is an accurate, numerically representative, representation of social reality, it's no wonder they pander to SJW trends and demands. It's probably also cheaper listening to people screaming for attention online, and pretend like they must be an accurate representation of gamers, than actually study what the silent majority want.
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:15 am

BjornP wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:11 am
Hastur wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:33 am
C-Mag wrote:

If those above developers (marketing analysts and the CEO's) think popular trends on Twitter is an accurate, numerically representative, representation of social reality, it's no wonder they pander to SJW trends and demands. It's probably also cheaper listening to people screaming for attention online, and pretend like they must be an accurate representation of gamers, than actually study what the silent majority want.
The developers and the people handling customer relations and support know exactly what the paying customers want. They are not a silent majority. You don't even have to ask to be told if you know how to listen.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:11 am

Hastur wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:15 am

The developers and the people handling customer relations and support know exactly what the paying customers want. They are not a silent majority. You don't even have to ask to be told if you know how to listen.

If the developers and marketing department already know excatly what the paying customers want, but still go for some social media pressure group says... then why? Do the heads of EA want to make less, but more "virtue signalling", money? What do they gain by that? Not more money, certainly. You think people like the heads of EA really, earnest and sincerely sympathize with most of the SJW talking points and pressure their teams to abide by such values?

Look, I've always known that capitalism and the market isn't always right or rational, but I've also assumed that at least if you go into the micro-spectrum of the individual company, you'd find company leaders who simply wanted to make more money for themselves and their shareholders or investors. At least you could trust that.
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.