THE ERA OF TRUMP

SuburbanFarmer

Re: THE ERA OF TRUMP

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:18 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:15 pm
If Dan hadn't shuttered the forum I could show you where we went over it during the election.
Regardless, all he had to do was have Trump utter the words "Glass-Steagall" during the campaign. Or mention breaking up banks. Or drop his insane rhetoric about mexicans.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:18 pm

Fife wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:16 pm
Speaker to Animals wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:11 pm
I want to drive one of those restored older model Ford trucks. That way when the North Korean dictator saves us all with an EMP attack, I can drive around just fine while your little cylon vehicles are bricked.
I'm not sure it's fascist enough for the cover of the New Yorker, but a mid 70s International Harvester Scout II is hard to beat. 90% of what I know about auto maintenance and repair came from messing around with my dad's '74 Scout II in the early 80s.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internati ... t#Scout_II

That whole damn truck is like one big faraday cage. I mean there was nothing unnecessary in that vehicle. Every part we needed we ordered from J.C. Whitney. The only electronic thing on it was the winch and the am/fm radio and speakers I got at the walmart and bolted under the dash.

That bad boy looked about like this:

This was always the mental image I had of her when I was finally going to get her cherried up:

Pretty Damn Cool. I love International Scouts.
Got my '53 Willys and my '52 M-37 Truck, I'm good on EMP hardened rigs.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:47 pm

Massachusetts Mayor Boycotts Brewery Named After Founding Father Over Trump Dinner

Sam Adams co-founder said Trump tax cuts leveled playing field against global beer conglomerates

The mayor of a Massachusetts town recently spat on one of the state’s most iconic independent companies in a fit of anti-Trump rage.

After learning Jim Koch, the co-founder of Sam Adams beer, had dinner with President Trump, Somerville Mayor Joe Curtatone proclaimed he’d never imbibe another drop of the beverage.

“I will never drink Sam Adam’s beer again!” said Curtatone, in response to a tweet disparaging Koch.

Mayor Curtatone later shot back at detractors, who pledged to support Sam Adams by consuming the beer.

MR. KOCH: When I started Sam Adams, American beer was a joke, and it pissed me off. And now, American brewers make the best beer in the world. And the tax reform was a very big deal for all of us, because 85 percent of the beer made in the United States is owned by foreign companies. I mean, Americans — I’m the largest American-owned brewery at 2 percent market share. We were paying 38-percent taxes and competing against people who were paying 20. And now we have a level playing field, and we’re going to kick their ass.

https://www.newswars.com/massachusetts- ... mp-dinner/
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:15 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:15 pm
If Dan hadn't shuttered the forum I could show you where we went over it during the election.
Web archive?
#NotOneRedCent

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:17 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:47 pm
Massachusetts Mayor Boycotts Brewery Named After Founding Father Over Trump Dinner

Sam Adams co-founder said Trump tax cuts leveled playing field against global beer conglomerates

The mayor of a Massachusetts town recently spat on one of the state’s most iconic independent companies in a fit of anti-Trump rage.

After learning Jim Koch, the co-founder of Sam Adams beer, had dinner with President Trump, Somerville Mayor Joe Curtatone proclaimed he’d never imbibe another drop of the beverage.

“I will never drink Sam Adam’s beer again!” said Curtatone, in response to a tweet disparaging Koch.

Mayor Curtatone later shot back at detractors, who pledged to support Sam Adams by consuming the beer.

MR. KOCH: When I started Sam Adams, American beer was a joke, and it pissed me off. And now, American brewers make the best beer in the world. And the tax reform was a very big deal for all of us, because 85 percent of the beer made in the United States is owned by foreign companies. I mean, Americans — I’m the largest American-owned brewery at 2 percent market share. We were paying 38-percent taxes and competing against people who were paying 20. And now we have a level playing field, and we’re going to kick their ass.

https://www.newswars.com/massachusetts- ... mp-dinner/
Yeah, without him saying that, no one would of known about him. That guy is a nobody in the grand scheme of Mass.

There is a reason his town is known as Slummerville in this state.
#NotOneRedCent

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:34 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:17 pm

Yeah, without him saying that, no one would of known about him. That guy is a nobody in the grand scheme of Mass.

Not surprising.
Sam Adams was one of the founding fathers that the founding fathers disavowed. He was a rabble rouser, a failed businessman. A radical. The Founding Fathers were rebels because their ass kissing to King George was rebuffed. Sam Adams was the real deal. It's logical that establishment hacks would shit on Sam Adams.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:51 am

There's a reason people say they are deranged,

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:27 am

C-Mag wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:34 pm
The Conservative wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:17 pm

Not surprising.
Sam Adams was one of the founding fathers that the founding fathers disavowed. He was a rabble rouser, a failed businessman. A radical. The Founding Fathers were rebels because their ass kissing to King George was rebuffed. Sam Adams was the real deal. It's logical that establishment hacks would shit on Sam Adams.
It's one of the reasons I like Sam Adams, same with Mark Twain.
#NotOneRedCent

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:17 am

Fife

Post by Fife » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:36 am

Okeefenokee wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:51 am
There's a reason people say they are deranged,

Cognitive dissonance really is a dangerous state. I've had scores of clients, opposing clients, co-counsel, opposing counsel, mediation participants, and the like who have had serious episodes as a result of reality not matching up with their mental construct of reality. I'm positive I've been in that state myself more than once, now that I look back in the rear-view mirror at some things. I expect all modern Westerners have been affected in one way or another, to differing degrees.

Is there a good JBP video focused on cognitive dissonance?