The internet takeover thread

SuburbanFarmer

Re: The internet takeover thread

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:38 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:33 pm
You could start by taking down the tweet, dumbass.
I have no desire to take down that tweet, or any other.

The person who posted it should be able to, though.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:51 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:27 am
C-Mag wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:16 am
Can Monte or SubFam or anyone make an argument of why Censorship is such a great thing. You guys are defending it. But Why ?
Never defended it for a second. You were either too lazy or stupid to understand what I said. ;)

I’m pointing out that you need to reconcile “bake me a cake” with this. It’s the same thing. A private (not government-owned) company is screening its customers. You guys were vehemently defending this a moment ago, but not now. Why?
I'm certain that I have stated my position on this dozens of times already.
I think it was Goebbels himself who said something along the lines of " no matter how big the lie if you repeat it often enough eventually it will be believed"
This is how you end up with the easily led shooting up pizza parlours. It is also how you end up with people driving vans into crowds of innocent tourists on London bridge or worshipers at Finsbury mosque.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:57 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:51 am
Fife wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:50 am
C-Mag wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:38 am
This is acceptable on Twitter
So, what's to be done about it? And by who?
Looks like Free Speech, to me.
It is, I'm all for it. But it's a double standard.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:10 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:41 am
Wait.

Monty levies hate speech against me and other Catholics all the time. Why is he still allowed on the Internet? Why is he not arrested and locked in jail?
Because criticising the Catholic church for covering up decades of child abuse is not hate speech. Neither is criticising Islamic terrorists for blowing up children.
What constitutes hate speech is accusing whole sections of society of the crimes of a minority of that section.
If I had ever said "all Catholics are pedophiles" that would be hate speech. Saying that we should "send all Muslims home" because some of them listen to hate preachers and attack soldiers with machetes is hate speech.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:11 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:51 pm
I'm certain that I have stated my position on this dozens of times already.
I think it was Goebbels himself who said something along the lines of " no matter how big the lie if you repeat it often enough eventually it will be believed"
This is how you end up with the easily led shooting up pizza parlours. It is also how you end up with people driving vans into crowds of innocent tourists on London bridge or worshipers at Finsbury mosque.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:57 am
Really Carlus?
Never heard of the Magna Carta, the peasants revolt, the Levellers, Tollpuddle martyrs, the civil war, the abolition of the slave trade, parliamentary supremacy, the Ketts rebellion, universal suffrage, votes for women, poll tax riots....
The British have a long history of fighting for their rights. Centuries of doing it in fact.
The British fought for civil liberties long before Columbus sailed to the new world.
You need to brush up on your history my friend.
Self defense is illegal. Garden shears are illegal. Free speech is outlawed. Muslim rape gangs are protected. Victims of muslim gang rape are imprisoned. Thousands of known jihadi veterans from ISIS are roaming your nation with impunity.

What a fucking joke.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:12 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:10 pm
Wait.

Monty levies hate speech against me and other Catholics all the time. Why is he still allowed on the Internet? Why is he not arrested and locked in jail?
Because criticising the Catholic church for covering up decades of child abuse is not hate speech. Neither is criticising Islamic terrorists for blowing up children.
What constitutes hate speech is accusing whole sections of society of the crimes of a minority of that section.
If I had ever said "all Catholics are pedophiles" that would be hate speech. Saying that we should "send all Muslims home" because some of them listen to hate preachers and attack soldiers with machetes is hate speech.
No, that's free speech. We can say that here because that's something we have. You can't say it because you don't have it.

See how that works?

You not free

Us free
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:13 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Wait.

I have no problem with criticism like that. I criticize the bishops for the same thing.

But in your country, that same kind of criticism leveled at Muslims for harboring racist rape gangs in every English city gets you locked in prison.

Are you really blind to this hypocrisy?

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:41 pm

Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:13 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
Wait.

I have no problem with criticism like that. I criticize the bishops for the same thing.

But in your country, that same kind of criticism leveled at Muslims for harboring racist rape gangs in every English city gets you locked in prison.

Is there an example of someone being censored for criticizing the imams specifically, rather than All Muslims?
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:50 pm

Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:13 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
Wait.

"Every English city"

There you go again with your hyperbole and untruths.

What you mean to say is some English cities.
Meanwhile there were criticisms of a Catholic school today for failing to protect its pupils from a pedophile preist.
Does that mean every Catholic school harbours pedophiles or just some of them?

Edit.... It was two Catholic schools with offences going back four decades.
Still doesn't mean it was every Catholic school.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:05 pm

Your government has been covering them up for decades. You have no idea how many there are.

Your government is still covering them up by arresting people for reporting on the trials, and barring the press from reporting on the arrest.

If I say they are in every city, you have no grounds at all to dispute it.