THE ERA OF TRUMP

pineapplemike

Re: THE ERA OF TRUMP

Post by pineapplemike » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:06 pm

This is a fun topic if it wasn't derailed over vocabulary choice and constant name-calling. I don't think "abandoned" is the right word in every circumstance. "Giving up" seems more appropriate, as in, "giving up" any inherent influence you want to have over the child's life. If the adoptive parents are ok with the unfit mother being present than have at it, otherwise pound sand. Be responsible for your child or don't, no? I don't know if you get to have it both ways

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:07 pm

I just want you to admit to yourself and to the rest of us that your position is not for the expansion of freedom at all. That, even if you believe "gay marriage" is a freedom, to implement this into law destroys more freedom on balance than it does by creating your one single questionable freedom.

The push for gay marriage was not about freedom at all. It was about taking away freedom from Christians. It was about taking away freedom of conscience, freedom of association, first amendment rights, and even the right of a mother to give her baby up for adoption to a family that shares in her faith.

It was extremely fucked up and calling that "freedom" is fucking insulting to those of us who had our freedoms robbed of us.

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:09 pm

I want you to not account for 12% of all the posts on the MHF, guess we don't always get what we want

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:10 pm

pineapplemike wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:09 pm
I want you to not account for 12% of all the posts on the MHF, guess we don't always get what we want
Admission of defeat. He has nothing.

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:13 pm

as much fun as it is boosting my post count repeating the same arguments i made several pages ago, i'll pass this time

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:13 pm

pineapplemike wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:06 pm
This is a fun topic if it wasn't derailed over vocabulary choice and constant name-calling. I don't think "abandoned" is the right word in every circumstance. "Giving up" seems more appropriate, as in, "giving up" any inherent influence you want to have over the child's life. If the adoptive parents are ok with the unfit mother being present than have at it, otherwise pound sand. Be responsible for your child or don't, no? I don't know if you get to have it both ways
That's a real pro freedom stance you got there.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:14 pm

pineapplemike wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:13 pm
as much fun as it is boosting my post count repeating the same arguments i made several pages ago, i'll pass this time
You do not have an argument. You said you want to increase "freedoms" like gay marriage, and when numerous people showed you how that resulted in a net loss of freedoms (on a massive scale I might add), you had nothing but attacking post counts.

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:19 pm

pineapplemike wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:06 pm
How about putting "placement" in our vocabulary here? Consider the voluntary contract between the birth parent(s) and the adoptive parents regarding the placement of the child.

AFAIK, the state doesn't make us take a test or something before fucking raw dog and making an IRL baby. Why should the state make us take a test or something before having an IRL child placed with us?

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:21 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:07 pm
I just want you to admit to yourself and to the rest of us that your position is not for the expansion of freedom at all. That, even if you believe "gay marriage" is a freedom, to implement this into law destroys more freedom on balance than it does by creating your one single questionable freedom.

The push for gay marriage was not about freedom at all. It was about taking away freedom from Christians. It was about taking away freedom of conscience, freedom of association, first amendment rights, and even the right of a mother to give her baby up for adoption to a family that shares in her faith.

It was extremely fucked up and calling that "freedom" is fucking insulting to those of us who had our freedoms robbed of us.
Take out the two instances of the word "gay" in that post, and I think I can sign off on it.

I want to get gay marriage out of our legal code, but that would just be getting warmed up.

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:28 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:14 pm
pineapplemike wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:13 pm
You do not have an argument. You said you want to increase "freedoms" like gay marriage, and when numerous people showed you how that resulted in a net loss of freedoms (on a massive scale I might add), you had nothing but attacking post counts.
you havent shown me strong enough evidence to support a direct connection between "gay marriage" and the "government seizing children to give them hormone blockers" beyond vague SJW "feelsy" language like "normalization," so i'll continue to advocate for equal privileges among my fellow american citizens. and if some religious absolutists have an internal moral problem then so be it. i'm not forcing them to bake a cake if they dont want to