THE ERA OF TRUMP

SuburbanFarmer

Re: THE ERA OF TRUMP

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:33 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:27 pm
Let's see both the two biggest political spenders who influence our elections and candidates with dark money are Soros and the Koch Brothers. And they both hate Trump.

:think:

What side should you be on ?
Neither. They're both disgusting to me, and represent the same things.

Trump seems intent on destroying the economy more quickly - that's really the only difference I can see.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:58 pm

Explain how he is destroying the economy please.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:10 pm

Yes, please explain. I bet one item will be tariffs, which I do not think is going like he hoped. In spite of that we have:

- 219,000 jobs added in July
- 4.1% GDP growth

Doesn't look like he's destroying the economy at all.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:31 pm

PartyOf5 wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:10 pm
Yes, please explain. I bet one item will be tariffs, which I do not think is going like he hoped. In spite of that we have:

- 4.1% GDP growth

Working Class and Middle Class wages are up. All Unemployment is down, including minorities. Trade imbalance is down. And the big surprise is investment in industrial production is up for this first since 'Free Trade' started in the 90's.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:06 pm

US government borrowing soars to highest level since recession, despite strong economy
The second-half borrowing estimate of US$769 billion is the highest since US$1.1 trillion in July-December 2008
https://www.scmp.com/news/world/united- ... hest-level

The Treasury Department predicted the US government’s borrowing needs in the second half of this year will jump to the most since the financial crisis a decade ago as the nation’s fiscal health deteriorates – despite a strong economy.

The department expects to issue US$329 billion in net marketable debt from July through September, the fourth-largest total for that quarter on record and higher than the US$273 billion estimated in April, Treasury said in a report Monday. The department’s forecast for the October-December quarter is US$440 billion, bringing the second-half borrowing estimate to US$769 billion, the highest since US$1.1 trillion in July-December 2008.

The deficit totalled US$607 billion through the first nine months of the financial year that ends September 30, compared with US$523 billion from the same period a year earlier. The Congressional Budget Office in late June predicted total government spending would exceed revenue by US$1 trillion in 2020.
:naughty:

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:08 pm

i dont think GCF is suggesting the economy is tanking, more that trump and the republicans are accelerating us to the next inevitable economic contraction

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:10 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:31 pm
PartyOf5 wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:10 pm

- 4.1% GDP growth

Working Class and Middle Class wages are up. All Unemployment is down, including minorities. Trade imbalance is down. And the big surprise is investment in industrial production is up for this first since 'Free Trade' started in the 90's.
Those are the initial effects, and the peak of late-cycle economics. Fairly typical. Domestic producers are booming, because they're suddenly able to raise prices to match the tariffs. Expecting them to suddenly make up the difference in supply is fairly ridiculous, though.

Consumer prices are already beginning to rise. This week, the CEOs of Coke, Ford, Walmart, and several other companies said that they're raising prices to 'compensate' for increased import taxes (tariffs). This is only the very beginning. Your grocery budget is about to nearly double, and pretty much anything that you buy is as well. This is not a question.

Wages are still stagnant, as inflation is increasing. This is called 'Stagflation' - the worst possible economic state. The Treasury just announced a 2-month Treasury Bill, pretending that things are going to change any minute. The 10-year just broke 3%, and they announced another 1.5 TRILLION in borrowing for 2018. Again, it's just the beginning. We are broke. We cannot even service the debt (pay the interest) within another few years.

I know you all think I'm full of shit. Just keep it in mind this Christmas.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:11 pm

pineapplemike wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:08 pm
i dont think GCF is suggesting the economy is tanking, more that trump and the republicans are accelerating us to the next inevitable economic contraction
Precisely.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Fife

Post by Fife » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:15 pm

End the Fed, dummies.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:23 pm

Fife wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:15 pm
End the Fed, dummies.
Far too late for that. They’ve owned America for decades.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace