Re: Civil War Doomsday Clock

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:45 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:01 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:00 am
The Conservative wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:59 am

If they were caught, they would have been.

Do you really need to have this explained to you?
You think the early revolutionaries we’re hiding in the woods, like Castro?
They were literally hiding in the woods, genius.
So, Jefferson, Franklin, Adams, all of them walked away from their plantations and just camped out until... what? Did an army appear from the brush? Did they start a movement by dropping flyers off and running back to camp?

I’m really enjoying this history lesson btw.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:47 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:45 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:00 am

You think the early revolutionaries we’re hiding in the woods, like Castro?
So, Jefferson, Franklin, Adams, all of them walked away from their plantations and just camped out until... what? Did an army appear from the brush? Did they start a movement by dropping flyers off and running back to camp?

Dumbass, do you realize the war did not just involve the most populated colonies and cities?

The southern colonies were overrun. Our ancestors were driven into the swamps and mountains. It was asymetric warfare against an occupying force

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:52 am

Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:47 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:

Dumbass, do you realize the war did not just involve the most populated colonies and cities?

The southern colonies were overrun. Our ancestors were driven into the swamps and mountains. It was asymetric warfare against an occupying force
You’ve jumped ahead decades now. I’m talking about the start of the movement. The beginning.

English colonists deciding to rise up in rebellion. How did it start?

Did a couple of guys just start shooting, leaving the other colonists shocked? Or was there a large buildup of sentiment first, and a gradual process?

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:54 am

Dude.. :hand:

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:58 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:52 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:

You’ve jumped ahead decades now. I’m talking about the start of the movement. The beginning.

Did a couple of guys just start shooting, leaving the other colonists shocked? Or was there a large buildup of sentiment first, and a gradual process?

The shot heard around the world? Ever hear of it?

YAAFM
#NotOneRedCent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:11 am

The Conservative wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:58 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:

YAAFM
And what do you think that was? Just some random kid shooting at redcoats? And then everybody suddenly jumped into war?

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:26 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:11 am
The Conservative wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:58 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:

YAAFM
And what do you think that was? Just some random kid shooting at redcoats? And then everybody suddenly jumped into war?
Congratulations, you just proved that YAAFM!
#NotOneRedCent

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:27 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:32 am
Okeefenokee wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:32 pm
It must not have occurred to grumps that the nation he lives in only exists because a small minority of men had the balls to stand up to the strongest empire the world had ever seen, and won.
If the American Revolution were only fought by a “small minority”, they would have been hanged as traitors immediately.

There was general momentum in that direction before the first rebels started to agitate. Momentum built, and a movement started.

I won’t be one of the few starting it, but I’ll certainly help finish it, if it fits my ideals.

You want to start it, be my guest. But you won’t. This is just virtue larping.
You're such an insufferable faggot.

It was a small minority. Read a fucking book.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:33 am

C-Mag wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:22 am
BjornP wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:08 am
The petty bureaucrat or official "pushing you around" will be using rules he didn't make himself to push you around. The rules they follow, are the rules your elected politicians craft for them. Don't want to be "pushed around" by pencil pushers? Elect local leaders who give them rules to follow that you agree better with.
They will even exceed their authority. Happens daily.

I'm just asking people to think about what is intolerable to them. When would they push back.

What's the point for you ?
My point is the same - with the caveat that people should be sure they've identified the correct target to push back against. Before trying to amass data to prove to others you're right, try and amass data that could prove to yourself that you're wrong. Then mobilize and act.
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:35 am

Okeefenokee wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:27 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:32 am
Okeefenokee wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:32 pm
It must not have occurred to grumps that the nation he lives in only exists because a small minority of men had the balls to stand up to the strongest empire the world had ever seen, and won.
If the American Revolution were only fought by a “small minority”, they would have been hanged as traitors immediately.

There was general momentum in that direction before the first rebels started to agitate. Momentum built, and a movement started.

I won’t be one of the few starting it, but I’ll certainly help finish it, if it fits my ideals.

You want to start it, be my guest. But you won’t. This is just virtue larping.
You're such an insufferable faggot.

It was a small minority. Read a fucking book.
So, the majority of colonists wanted to remain in the British Empire, but a small minority agitated for, fought, and won the Revolutionary War, despite the larger will of the people being against it.

Wow.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace