Civil War Doomsday Clock

SuburbanFarmer

Re: Civil War Doomsday Clock

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:50 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:50 pm
I never did anything to stop it because other people didn't do anything to stop it, but the people who did do something to stop it didn't stop it, so I didn't do anything.

Every damn time.
There’s an undefended street corner out there somewhere with The Lefties standing on it. Go git em Tiger.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:23 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:46 pm
C-Mag wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:57 pm

I see it as much more significant. Very similar to 1770's America.

Americans stood by for the most part and watched Liberties be infringed. Speech was curtailed, protesting in the public square could get you shot, Americans allowed themselves to and their affects be searched by the Crowns Agents, the stood by while troops were quartered in their homes, while secret courts convicted them.

But what they did do was talk about it a lot, and decided on their red line. That was firearms. While Americans allowed all these other Liberties to be abused, when the Crown came for firearms they fought.

So I would ask you were those men Larping ? Or were they reinforcing their point that they will fight and die to keep their weapons ?
Good points.

But I don’t even see anyone talking about protecting/defending/resisting anything, other than “The Left”, and “gun grabbers”. If I did see it, I’d be much more optimistic.

As I’ve said many times, the gunmint isn’t coming for your guns. They don’t need to.

And would you really accept 1 surviving amendment out of 10, and be fine? Because that’s what all the rhetoric seems to add up to.

Also, when comparing to the Colonial era, one should remember that the taxman was likely to be shot, if he pissed somebody off. The level of control that the government has now is far beyond anything the founders could have envisioned from the Brits.

Spies in every home? They’d have a stroke.
Yeah, American Revolutionaries would be shocked at what the government had become, it would be intolerable for them. Few of us ask ourselves at what point it would no longer be tolerabale, at what point we would fight oppression. Hell, it's even hard to seriously think about in our soft, comfortable lives of ample food, safety and abundant entertainment.

People should challenge themselves and think about the unthinkable. Because history teaches us that only so many generations in any culture gets the privilige of living so well, be thankful of it, but know history can catch up too them and even surprise them.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:41 pm

You also need to remember the world they grew up in, and translate that to ours.

Then remember what it became, and try to see what that would look like translated to us.

They didn't grow up in a world of federal control of everything, we did.

Try to make some math out of it,

(rapidly encroaching outside interference) minus (non-existent outside interference of your youth) equals (glaringly obvious disparity between what you knew and what you now see)

In our case it would be,

(unknown levels of shit we ain't seen) minus (tremendous levels of federal control we've always known) equals (the difference we would need to see to be in a comparable state of rebellion)

We were born into a world that would have had them in open rebellion from the start. It wasn't only what they were experiencing, but more that it was so far beyond what they had lived for generations with.

You can take it back a few centuries and get the same result. What the founders knew as the norm that they saw being threatened would have been intolerable to certain groups in the past.

Go tell some Carthaginians that the norm of free people is to be governed by a foreign parliament a thousand miles away.

Go tell some Roman mill owner in Germania that the norm is for his waste to regulated by a pencil pushing bureaucrat in Rome.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:53 pm

Well then, it seems the answer is ‘anything except guns, just use some lube. ‘

Now you see why I don’t really give a shit about street protests and political posturing.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:58 pm

Nor should you really care about street protests, until they are on your street.

Talk to the folks in Ferguson in decent middle class homes with decent jobs and weekends off. Until the protests were on their streets.

But let's bring the more likely scenario that most people run into in their lives. The petty bureaucrat or official that wants to push their authority around and abuse some local citizenry or you.

What's intolerable to you. At what point do you get involved at push back ?
PLATA O PLOMO

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:08 am

The petty bureaucrat or official "pushing you around" will be using rules he didn't make himself to push you around. The rules they follow, are the rules your elected politicians craft for them. Don't want to be "pushed around" by pencil pushers? Elect local leaders who give them rules to follow that you agree better with.
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:10 am

C-Mag wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:58 pm
Nor should you really care about street protests, until they are on your street.

Talk to the folks in Ferguson in decent middle class homes with decent jobs and weekends off. Until the protests were on their streets.

But let's bring the more likely scenario that most people run into in their lives. The petty bureaucrat or official that wants to push their authority around and abuse some local citizenry or you.

What's intolerable to you. At what point do you get involved at push back ?
Starting the fight is a young mans work. The kids have to wake up and realize what’s happening. There are some signs of it, but not much. OWS was a very hopeful sign, and I wanted to help.

As for an actual street battle? I’d need to know that there was a chance of victory. The math changes with a family involved.

Show me an actual wave of momentum against government overreach, and I’m in with both feet. Campaigning, donations, whatever.

But none of that starts until the dollar collapses, and we’re all trying to survive. It’s just too easy to watch the soft jackboots go by right now.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:12 am

BjornP wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:08 am
The petty bureaucrat or official "pushing you around" will be using rules he didn't make himself to push you around. The rules they follow, are the rules your elected politicians craft for them. Don't want to be "pushed around" by pencil pushers? Elect local leaders who give them rules to follow that you agree better with.
It’s probably impossible for people in parliamentary systems to understand what it means, being forced into choosing between a turd and a shit sandwich.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:22 am

BjornP wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:08 am
They will even exceed their authority. Happens daily.

I'm just asking people to think about what is intolerable to them. When would they push back.

What's the point for you ?
PLATA O PLOMO

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:25 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:53 pm
Well then, it seems the answer is ‘anything except guns, just use some lube. ‘

Now you see why I don’t really give a shit about street protests and political posturing.
:roll:

I saw a long time ago that you were a spineless coward who would never fight, but tuck tail and run at the first sign of trouble, per your own words.

All of this shit from you about why you won't fight for anything because it doesn't matter is just your attempt to cloak your own cowardice.

All of this shit from you about why everyone with more spine, and more give a fuck, than you could ever muster is just an idiot is your attempt to cloak your own apathetic worthlessness.

This shit from you about how nothing matters, because no one is marching on D.C., is just more of the same.

You will never run out of excuses for why you wouldn't be caught dead standing up for any fucking thing, and you try to mask it with these tired slogans you should have grown out of twenty years ago.

Meanwhile, your party, that you're not even man enough to claim, has lost eleven fucking hundred elections and counting in the past ten years, while the people who you refer to as sheep and idiots have taken full control of the government and are marching on democrat strongholds in cali fucking fornia while your politicians are telling you to stand aside lest their be trouble.

What's the biggest news coming out of the democrat party?

Droves of sheep like you giving up without a fight and fleeing your dumpster fire of a party like rats from a sinking ship crying #walkaway.

And all you can muster is, "well I'm not....hold on /bonghit...i'm smarter than them maaaaaaaaaaaaaan."
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751