Literal Odds and Ends

BjornP

Re: Literal Odds and Ends

Post by BjornP » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:08 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:17 pm
I don't think you're following.

I don't believe them. Not in a defense of Musk or anything.

You say he called him a pedo, because they say he called him a pedo, but I don't believe anything they say.....

That guardian article you posted didn't show the tweet that I'm supposed to believe he wrote. A fucking reporter would have shown the fucking tweet. Anyone here can do it.

These faggots do nothing but lie, and giving them the benefit of the doubt is retarded.

It is retarded to think that "everything they do is lie". Cut the conspiracy theory nonsense. Yes, US media is objectively and statistically proven to lean heavily liberal. This is fact. That is evidence of bias , though. Bias is distinct from lying. Pretending that every single story in "The" media is an outright lie, is hysterical conspiracy lunacy. Apply a little logic to your reasoning and cut the hyperbole.

No doubt you're politically marginalized, and when "The" media report on something, their angle on a story doesn't reflect the angle you'd apply yourself, but assuming that the core, source material, all aspects of any story reported by "The" media themselves, is a lie...requires a level of paranoia that's quite frankly beneath you. Get over it. Your liberal media may biased, they may protect "their" guys, and target "your" guys for the same crimes or social trespasses, but assuming that "The" media's journalists only sit around all day 100% making up news, fabricating wars going on in non-existing countries, or how deep you think they might go with their lying... it's beneath you, man. Snap out of it. It comes across as fear to blow stuff like that out of proportion.

Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:13 pm

What's retarded is continuing to trust people who have proven themselves untrustworthy.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:37 pm

Sunset tonight in Southern Appalachians.

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:46 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:13 pm
What's retarded is continuing to trust people who have proven themselves untrustworthy.
Well, as a standalone statement, that is absolutely true.

Otoh, I don't particularly trust you or several other posters on this forum to tell the truth, either. And yet, if you - for example - told me about some experience with a smug, arrogant, college professor ridiculing your religion or something, I would believe parts of the story. I would deconstruct the story as you told it, and given what I've gleaned about your personal biases and personality (as it translates online, anyhow) over the years, I'd have a foundation to build from: That you talked to your college professor and he made you feel ridiculed. That would be what I assume to be truthful... what I'd be skeptical about, what I wouldn't trust, would be wether you were really ridiculed or if you were just sensitive to something he said and thought it a personal insult. I'd also be skeptical if there was certain omissions that make the story not quite add up.

And that is how I read all news stories, as well. I generally trust the "foundation" of the story, say, "Feminists march against Trump", but when it comes to how the story is reported, the biases, I generally filter that away when reading.
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:53 pm

biases

Lies.

The word you're looking for is lies.

It's not slant, an angle, bias, or any other euphemism you wanna use.

They lie.
Media shows why it’s so mistrusted after falsified Trump fish-feeding ‘story’
http://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/ ... sh-feeding
That wasn't slant. They cropped the video and lied about what happened.
CAUGHT: CNN Forced to Apologize For Doctoring Violent Milwaukee Video
https://www.louderwithcrowder.com/caugh ... narrative/
Not bias. Again, they edited the video and lied about what it contained.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:02 pm

. I generally trust the "foundation" of the story,
Well there's your first mistake. The MSM is lying

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:29 am

G Money Rock is back at the bus stop in front of Boston Market lit as fuck and jamming to traffic.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:43 am

It occurs to me that this tweaker is not even really waiting for the bus. That's just where he likes to pretend to jam.

Edit:

Nope. Now he is walking away. LOL

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:54 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:29 am
G Money Rock is back at the bus stop in front of Boston Market lit as fuck and jamming to traffic.
Get me an autograph dude

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:45 am

Musk apologized for calling the rescuer a pedo.