Revolutions

SuburbanFarmer

Re: Revolutions

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:30 am

Does anyone have a coherent argument for NOT educating the third world? Should we simply leave them in squalor until they 'figure it out on their own'?

And if we do so, does anyone actually expect the first world NOT to continue exploiting their resources and gaming their economies into ruin and semi-colonialism?

And does that not give us in the first world an even greater responsibility to help them? Or does this simply boil down to "I got mine, Jack"?
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:33 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:30 am
Does anyone have a coherent argument for NOT educating the third world? Should we simply leave them in squalor until they 'figure it out on their own'?

And if we do so, does anyone actually expect the first world NOT to continue exploiting their resources and gaming their economies into ruin and semi-colonialism?

And does that not give us in the first world an even greater responsibility to help them? Or does this simply boil down to "I got mine, Jack"?
Nobody is arguing for NOT educating the third world. The third world is perfectly capable of educating themselves. They don't need you.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:36 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:33 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:

Nobody is arguing for NOT educating the third world. The third world is perfectly capable of educating themselves. They don't need you.
Then what, exactly, are you opposing?

Foreign aid is a pittance, so don't even bother bringing that up.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:04 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:36 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:

I am arguing that you need to stop fucking with people. You are making it worse.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:21 pm

Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:04 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:

I am arguing that you need to stop fucking with people. You are making it worse.
Leaving myself aside, because I don't have any say in the matter, what is the US doing to 'fuck with' the third world, aside from invading, manipulating, and destroying their feeble efforts at civilization?

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:23 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:21 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:

Leaving myself aside, because I don't have any say in the matter, what is the US doing to 'fuck with' the third world, aside from invading, manipulating, and destroying their feeble efforts at civilization?
What exactly do you think happens when you flood Sub-Saharan Africa with millions of tons of food?

Do you people ever think this through?

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:25 pm

Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:23 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:21 pm

What exactly do you think happens when you flood Sub-Saharan Africa with millions of tons of food?

Do you people ever think this through?
Corrupt-as-fuck governments hoard most of it, and a few of them stop dying of starvation for a while. Big Ag and transportation companies get a little more government subsidy for their oversupply.

What else?

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:27 pm

Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:16 am
The main obstacle in dealing with actual liberals is in just getting them to see it. They are so immersed in that liberal/Enlightenment narrative, they can't extricate themselves far enough removed to see how terrible it all is.

To them the notion that we need to "uplift" all of humanity to be more like us is just some self-evident truth. They don't even question it. When you push back against that, they are often shocked by it. It's like somebody just said pizza tastes like shit to them. But, in this case, the pizza really does taste like shit. They've just been eating all their lives and have no idea.

The Marxists, on the other hand, know they are trying to destroy races and societies, and especially to destroy western civilization. They know exactly what they are fighting for. There is no debate to be had with them in the sense that we need to reach them. We just need to counter their ridiculous arguments in public to turn the tide against this unholy alliance between Marxism and globalism/liberalism.
According to Ken Wilbur"
There is liberalism which has a rational worldview, meritocratic and globalist and there is progressivism which has a postmodern worldview, and is globalist, "egalitarian" and obsessed with victimhood...
Other than these two we have ethnocentric (mythic worldview) and egocentric (archaic worldview)...

The only other choice is to move further forward beyond progressive.... which is to correct the flaws of progressivism and postmodernism and better include all people at their level... honouring each for where they genuinely find themselves.

I guess STA is arguing for a return to ethnocentrism and a mythic worldview....
But I see that as trying to wind back the clock...
And we all know the problems with time travel.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:34 pm

Listen to me carefully. I am a Catholic and I am telling you the plain truth about charity to the third world: it is a fucking racket. They have been selling the same poverty stories for generations. You give NGOs all kinds of money. People in the NGOs live off of that. They do flood these places with food, build small homes, wells, etc. But longterm that never fixes it.

Fifty years from now there will be some old traveling priest going to various parishes to ask for money to help build small homes in Haiti, buy food for the starving children eating mud pies, etc. Only there will be millions more of them because their population booms on the donated food.

Fifty years from now there will be today's equivalent of hundreds of millions of dollars or more going to various African nations from the US tax revenue with the ostensible purpose of keeping people from starving to death. There will be no progress between now and then. Indeed, the problem will be worse because there will be many millions more people now completely dependent upon our food aid.

Meanwhile we have destroyed South Africa with our policies. The water will run out because they killed or drove out the white engineers. The food will run out because they killed or drove out the white farmers. Add one more shit hole to the list of charity cases.

To be clear: I am not saying let them all starve to death. What I am saying is that we need to drastically change how we approach this problem. I don't have any easy answers other than to NOT LET FUCKING LIBERALS SOLVE IT.
Last edited by Speaker to Animals on Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:34 pm

DrYouth wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:27 pm
I guess STA is arguing for a return to ethnocentrism and a mythic worldview....
But I see that as trying to wind back the clock...
And we all know the problems with time travel.
New rule: when a poster resorts to Kathy Newman tactics, you know they lost.