Public School Education System Thread

Zlaxer

Re: Public School Education System Thread

Post by Zlaxer » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:51 am

MilSpecs wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:47 am
...most of the kids had no one who even cared enough to hit them a few shots. They were desperate for attention.

That's the fucking problem. But it's not the School's or the Government's/Tax Payer's responsibility to fix it. Both are incapable of doing so unless you really make the Government the parent, e.g., boarding shcool....that's not what public education is supposed to be or designed to be or what the American Tax payer should foot the bill for....moreover...without being able to punish kids - the whole thing is fucking pointless...

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:47 am

Zlaxer wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:51 am
MilSpecs wrote:
...most of the kids had no one who even cared enough to hit them a few shots. They were desperate for attention.

That's the fucking problem. But it's not the School's or the Government's/Tax Payer's responsibility to fix it. Both are incapable of doing so unless you really make the Government the parent, e.g., boarding shcool....that's not what public education is supposed to be or designed to be or what the American Tax payer should foot the bill for....moreover...without being able to punish kids - the whole thing is fucking pointless...
But we are responsible by default because the alternative is worse. We either deal with it or live with the consequences.

To be clear, i don’t want the schools to have to deal with this. If there’s a better solution I’m all ears, but school privatization can’t solve it.
:royalty-queen:

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:54 am

MilSpecs wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:47 am
But we are responsible by default because the alternative is worse. We either deal with it or live with the consequences.

To be clear, i don’t want the schools to have to deal with this. If there’s a better solution I’m all ears, but school privatization can’t solve it.
I'm not doing anything until the structural impediments that created and are now accelerating the problem are removed - otherwise we are simply throwing time and money into a black hole.

Allowing schools to expel students who swing weapons at teachers would be a good start - Pretty sure the number of kids expelled would be a far smaller percentage than Malloy and his cabal would have us believe...

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:08 am

Expelling violent students is reasonable. The structural impediments are so difficult to overcome that I don’t know how we could begin.

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:13 am

MilSpecs wrote:
If there’s a better solution I’m all ears, but school privatization can’t solve it.
1) Stop all illegal immigration - our public school system is simply not equipped to handle large numbers of non-English speakers - taking more in will only hinder actual citizens whose well being and education should be prioritized over non-citizens.

2) Reduce the power of teacher unions to protect shitty teachers - numerous reports of scenarios where piss poor teachers are moved around because the Unions have made it too hard to term them.

3) Allow school officials to expel dangerous students (can't believe this one even needs to be listed).

4) Make school voluntary and/or condition social benefits on completing HS - Get the kids who do not want to learn out so that kids who do want to learn can. At this point - the only difference between feral kids in class and out of class, is that when in class, they ruin the environment for the kids who actually give a shit.

5) Give teachers more ability to discipline, e.g., remove smart phone, etc.

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:22 am

1) immigration, illegal or otherwise, is not the problem in CT, which we both know. Generations of concentrated poverty is.

2) Agreed.

3) Agreed.

4) separate intensive schools could help. Good luck funding them.

5) I don’t know enough about the current situation in CT to say.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:28 am

We need to stop most immigration period, honestly.

Focus on automation and educating our workforce. The people who cannot meet minimum standards for professional careers, or just don't want them, should be shuffled into homesteading or something along those lines.

To educate the workforce, we probably need to abolish government schools as it is. That's a given. But I would suggest perhaps doing away with the entire concept of secondary schools. Just extend middle school and around age 15 shuffle kids either to trade schools or to college.

Then make community colleges tuition-free for vocational training.

And as far as "privatization not being able to deal with disruptive children".. oh please. Go to vouchers and I guarantee you will see schools pop up to deal with those kinds of students. That's good money.

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:31 am

MilSpecs wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:22 am
1) immigration, illegal or otherwise, is not the problem in CT, which we both know. Generations of concentrated poverty is. I disagree - been to an inner city school in Bridgeport lately? Something like 30% and rising non-English speakers in class room

2) Agreed.

3) Agreed.

4) separate intensive schools could help. Good luck funding them.Or we just expedite the inevitable at this point and sent them to Juvy - nothing within our present means is going to "save" these kids - if you want to be mad at someone, be mad at the politicians who passed the policies that lead to this

5) I don’t know enough about the current situation in CT to say. Right now - teachers are unable to enforce class edict - kids shouts at the teacher or tell the teacher to "go fuck themselves"....teacher can't do anything.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:51 am

MilSpecs wrote:
Zlaxer wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:51 am
MilSpecs wrote:

You have no idea which way is up.

What you are talking about IS the consequence of what you've already done. This isn't some freak occurrence that came out of nowhere.

You're like a fucking arsonist trying to tell a fireman that he's responsible for putting out your fires or he'll have to live with the consequences.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:15 am

1) immigration’s still not the problem with Bridgeport. Danbury has a larger Hispanic population and it doesn’t have Bridgeport’s problems.

4) I think some could be saved and I’ll write a longer post about what my dad saw work later.

5) obviously a problem. How do the wealthy schools handle it?