The Conservative

Re: THE ERA OF TRUMP

Post by The Conservative » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:17 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:10 pm
Speaker to Animals wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:07 pm
Depends on what we are talking about.

A doctorate in applied or theoretical physics? Fuck the USA. They are doing applied metaphysics here. It's already a dark age in American physics. You need to go to Europe if you want to do real science. They are making all the advances now. We are just publishing Star Trek fan fiction as working papers here.

We are still pretty strong in things like computer science.

If I wanted to study philosophy, I would go to Europe as well, and learn from the people who learned from the people who learned from the actual philosophers I am studying. If you want to learn about Heidegger, would you rather learn from an American or some German dude who sat in one of Heidegger's courses?
Dude, I am this close to baiting TC into saying that we have the world's best educational system...
We don't, but I would rather trust someone with a CS degree from the US than India any time of day...
#NotOneRedCent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:24 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:17 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:07 pm
Depends on what we are talking about.

A doctorate in applied or theoretical physics? Fuck the USA. They are doing applied metaphysics here. It's already a dark age in American physics. You need to go to Europe if you want to do real science. They are making all the advances now. We are just publishing Star Trek fan fiction as working papers here.

We are still pretty strong in things like computer science.

If I wanted to study philosophy, I would go to Europe as well, and learn from the people who learned from the people who learned from the actual philosophers I am studying. If you want to learn about Heidegger, would you rather learn from an American or some German dude who sat in one of Heidegger's courses?
Dude, I am this close to baiting TC into saying that we have the world's best educational system...
We don't, but I would rather trust someone with a CS degree from the US than India any time of day...
Well, guess who made all the headway into quantum computing?

Oxford. If you are a grad student that wants to get into quantum computing, why not try to go to Oxford and study under the leading mind in that field?

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:28 pm

England also invented the World Wide Web, and cracked the Enigma code, using one of the first computers.

I wouldn't knock India's CS degrees. They're extremely well educated. The problems with them are communication, and creativity. They can't/won't think for themselves, and never do extra. They just do the exact definition of what you said, even if it makes no sense.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:31 pm

Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:24 pm
The Conservative wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:17 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:

Well, guess who made all the headway into quantum computing?

Oxford. If you are a grad student that wants to get into quantum computing, why not try to go to Oxford and study under the leading mind in that field?
Probably should have been more clear on the type of degree. Doctorates I agree with you, anything under it, we can get it in the US...
#NotOneRedCent

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:31 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:28 pm
England also invented the World Wide Web, and cracked the Enigma code, using one of the first computers.

I wouldn't knock India's CS degrees. They're extremely well educated. The problems with them are communication, and creativity. They can't/won't think for themselves, and never do extra. They just do the exact definition of what you said, even if it makes no sense.
Stick to farming.
#NotOneRedCent

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:53 pm

'I would have let that clown jump': Trump responds to woman who climbed the Statue of Liberty to protest the president's immigration policy at Montana rally
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... olicy.html

Too funny.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:27 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:51 pm
Do you think they'd still be sending money home to their families, if they could bring their families here?
Hash needs to change this cocksucker's name to liar until he admits he's a fucking democrat.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:32 pm

de officiis wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:53 pm
'I would have let that clown jump': Trump responds to woman who climbed the Statue of Liberty to protest the president's immigration policy at Montana rally
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... olicy.html

Too funny.
I just watched that one.................. Trump was on fire. No prisoners. He comes on at the 50 min mark approx.

Also Trump apologized to Pocahantus ................................... But not E Warren.

He mocked the press for saying he should be more Presidential, it was funny.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:40 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:27 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Do you think they'd still be sending money home to their families, if they could bring their families here?
Hash needs to change this cocksucker's name to liar until he admits he's a fucking democrat.
Why don't you tell us more about your understanding of the entire Hispanic experience, because your inlaws came over.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:15 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:40 pm
Okeefenokee wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:27 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Why don't you tell us more about your understanding of the entire Hispanic experience, because your inlaws came over.
You mean the lifetime of experience I have with people you look at as nothing more than lettuce pickers?
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751