Re: Civil War Doomsday Clock

Post by Fife » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:30 pm

Zlaxer wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:28 pm
Fife wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:24 pm
Speaker to Animals wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:03 pm

I thought it only applied to subsequent terms?
Two elections per person, max, consecutive or otherwise. It even applies to Keynesians.

Isn't the 2yr term limit tradition? Besides, I don't think he would win in an honest election....most people remember the economic pain of the "recovery".
You must have been sick the day they taught amendments. Or the 15 minutes they taught them at your shop.

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:33 pm

Fife wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:30 pm
Zlaxer wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:28 pm
Fife wrote:

Two elections per person, max, consecutive or otherwise. It even applies to Keynesians.

Isn't the 2yr term limit tradition? Besides, I don't think he would win in an honest election....most people remember the economic pain of the "recovery".
You must have been sick the day they taught amendments. Or the 15 minutes they taught them at your shop.

Or - I just don't remember and was too lazy to look it up.

I got's an A in ConLaw. :dance:

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:34 pm

Fife wrote:
clubgop wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:02 pm

He can't.
2 terms or 10 years. He's out.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:40 pm

Lebron James is leaving Cleveland once again signing with LA. Prediction of civil war from dirty dick will be imminent.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:45 pm

clubgop wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:40 pm
Lebron James is leaving Cleveland once again signing with LA. Prediction of civil war from dirty dick will be imminent.
Definitely some pissed off people in Cleveland. I lul.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:53 pm

Haymaker at 5:50, but the same dude gets a couple more in the video
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:19 pm

Fife wrote:
clubgop wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:02 pm

He can't.
But what if he uses his real name and the second social security number?

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:26 pm

One of the biggest conflict points in the country centers around Free Speech. Something that once was considered for everyone, the left now see's Free Speech something that should be curtailed.

How Conservatives Weaponized the First Amendment
The two (SCOTUS) decisions were the latest in a stunning run of victories for a conservative agenda that has increasingly been built on the foundation of free speech. Conservative groups, borrowing and building on arguments developed by liberals, have used the First Amendment to justify unlimited campaign spending, discrimination against gay couples and attacks on the regulation of tobacco, pharmaceuticals and guns...……………………………..

The left was once not just on board but leading in supporting the broadest First Amendment protections,” said Floyd Abrams, a prominent First Amendment lawyer and a supporter of broad free-speech rights. “Now the progressive community is at least skeptical and sometimes distraught at the level of First Amendment protection which is being afforded in cases brought by litigants on the right.
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/30/us/p ... court.html
PLATA O PLOMO

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:32 pm

The other day, author Tom Ricks asked whether we’re heading toward a civil war. "I don’t believe we’re to Kansas of the 1850s yet. But we seem to be lurching ... in that direction,” he wrote.

Ricks was commenting on “What Democratic rage would look like,” a Bloomberg opinion column that quotes political scientist Thomas Schaller as saying, "I think we're at the beginning of a soft civil war. ... I don't know if the country gets out of it whole."

That sounds pretty serious. The column by Francis Wilkinson presents a catalog of things Democrats are mad about — from the existence of the electoral college to Trump’s “propaganda apparatus” — and predicts that if Democrats lose the midterm elections, there will be hell to pay. (And Republicans, you know, could make a similar list of their own complaints.)

“I don't know exactly what that would look like," Wilkinson writes. "But liberals have a great deal of cultural, academic and economic heft, stretching from Hollywood to Harvard. Just this week, someHollywood powerhouses flirted with leveraging their clout against the Trumpist Fox News. There are endless variations on such a power play. If Democrats opt to use their power more aggressively — breaking rules — Schaller's soft civil war hardly seems unlikely.”
The civil war is already starting

Well, actually this sort of thing seems to be well underway. Hollywood has basically turned its products, and its award shows, into showcases for "the resistance." Americans are already sorting themselves into communities that are predominantly red or blue. And in heavily blue Washington, D.C., Trump staffers find that a lot of people don’t want to date them because of their politics.

White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders was even kicked out of the Red Hen restaurant in Lexington, Virginia, because the owner and employees disliked her politics. This seems like a small thing, but it would have been largely unthinkable a generation ago.

And, in a somewhat less “soft” manifestation, Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen was bullied out of a restaurant by an angry anti-Trump mob, and a similar mob also showed up outside of her home.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/ ... 729141002/

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:58 pm

quotes political scientist Thomas Schaller as saying, "I think we're at the beginning of a soft civil war. ... I don't know if the country gets out of it whole."

That sounds pretty serious. The column by Francis Wilkinson presents a catalog of things Democrats are mad about — from the existence of the electoral college to Trump’s “propaganda apparatus” — and predicts that if Democrats lose the midterm elections, there will be hell to pay.
Democrats are basically mad at anything to do with following the Constitution.
First Amendment - nyet
2nd Amendment - nyet
Electoral College - nyet
Free and Fair elections - nyet
PLATA O PLOMO