Civil War Doomsday Clock

C-Mag

Civil War Doomsday Clock

Post by C-Mag » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:20 am

Lots of talk about CWII in news reports and by politicians.

What time is it ?
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

pineapplemike

Re: Civil War Doomsday Clock

Post by pineapplemike » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:26 am

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:31 am

Rough guess:

About 9:30-ish (PM).

Which, to me, is crazy since I would have put us somewhere around 0100 at the end of the Bush admin.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:38 am

I'd go 9PM, I think in the last couple weeks we've moved at least 2 hours.

We now have Liberal political leaders openly calling for violence against political opponents...………….. that's not good.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

kybkh

Post by kybkh » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:41 am

You ain’t gotta worry about until utilities start getting interrupted. As long as we got AC and Cable, there won’t be a civil war.

There may be some sectarian violence, but nothing approaching war.

Probably see some white males get lynched.
“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama

Fife

Post by Fife » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:41 am

Michael Moore promising to do the Atomic Drop on some foos outside the Capital is worth 20 or 30 seconds all by itself.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:43 am

kybkh wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:41 am
You ain’t gotta worry about until utilities start getting interrupted. As long as we got AC and Cable, there won’t be a civil war.

There may be some sectarian violence, but nothing approaching war.

Probably see some white males get lynched.
I disagree. These things happen rather abruptly and the idea that people won't fight if they're comfortable flies in the face of history. Indeed, when nation's get too comfortable the probability they will find a war of any kind increases dramatically (looking at you, WW1).

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:50 am

Best way to avoid terrible and unnecessary wars is to provide people with challenges to overcome.

But now we colonized most of the Earth. The only physical frontiers are mostly inaccessible at current technology.

The frontier we do have available is entirely conceptual and intellectual. But we are headed into a dark age as the Enlightenment finally drags us back to ruin since it took hold in our civilization's apex. Most people cannot really participate in intellectual adversity like science and philosophy. So I think war of some kind is inevitable. I do not mean small wars. I mean global wars. Maybe not in the spirit of the last world wars. Something very different. The dividing lines are within nations now. It is social, philosophical, and is being waged over the face of our species.

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:11 am

Let us set our faces resolutely against the very possibility of such a tragedy befalling our great and prosperous nation. To participate in a collective imagining of such an event risks bringing that thing into existence, with all the suffering and bloodshed that it will entail.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:13 am

de officiis wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:11 am
Let us set our faces resolutely against the very possibility of such a tragedy befalling our great and prosperous nation. To participate in a collective imagining of such an event risks bringing that thing into existence, with all the suffering and bloodshed that it will entail.
It's going to happen whether you think about it or not. Nor is it just our nation. The neo-liberals and Marxists are trying to destroy western civilization. Two other civilizations are trying to capitalize on this by colonizing us while we are demoralized and socially dysfunctional.

No way to avoid it now. The question is when.

This war is something new. It's not national in the sense that nations are going to war with one another for the destiny of their people and their power. The division is within nations and it's spans our entire civilization on three continents. I think America is a bit behind Europe in this. England is going to be a big flashpoint, in my opinion.
Last edited by Speaker to Animals on Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.