Post by Penner » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:18 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:14 pm
Penner wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:13 pm
Okeefenokee wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:05 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

In the same damn photos that you already posted you colossal loon.
Those photos were released over the weekend. Where and when did Obama and Bush take children from their parents?

Those pictures were taken in 2014 you fucking moron.
No, they weren't. They were released over the weekend. The CBP released them to the press.

Okeefenokee

Re: THE ERA OF TRUMP

Post by Okeefenokee » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:27 pm

Penner wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:17 pm
Okeefenokee wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:05 pm
Penner wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:32 pm

There were like 3 bipartisan attempts to have reform immigration, with money to build the Wall and Trump refused to sign all 3.
Name them.
Like this one?
Four months later, a bipartisan group of senators announced that they’d reached consensus on a DACA replacement bill: Even though the president and GOP leadership had claimed to support legal status for Dreamers as an end in itself (and thus should have been prepared to support legislation that does nothing but that), Democrats nonetheless agreed to back a Dream Act that includes funding for Trump’s border wall, limits on the ability of legal U.S. residents to sponsor their adult children for immigration, and a reduction in diversity visas — provisions championed by Republicans and loathed by the progressive base.
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/20 ... -deal.html
I don't see the part in the article where it says the bill passed and was then vetoed. I guess that's cause it never happened.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:31 pm

Penner wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:18 pm
Okeefenokee wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:14 pm
Penner wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:13 pm

Those photos were released over the weekend. Where and when did Obama and Bush take children from their parents?

Those pictures were taken in 2014 you fucking moron.
No, they weren't. They were released over the weekend. The CBP released them to the press.
Obama administration officials are rushing to explain photos from 2014 that went viral this weekend showing locked-up immigrant children
http://www.businessinsider.com/migrant- ... ned-2018-5
In this June 18, 2014 photo, two female detainees sleep in a holding cell, as the children are separated by age group and gender, at a US Customs and Border Protection center in Nogales, Arizona. Associated Press/Ross D. Franklin
Detainees sleep and watch television in a holding cell where hundreds of mostly Central American immigrant children were being processed and held at the CBP Nogales Placement Center on June 18, 2014. Associated Press/Ross D. Franklin
Young boys sleep in a holding cell at the Nogales Placement Center on June 18, 2014. Associated Press/Ross D. Franklin
Detainees sleep and watch television in a holding cell at the Nogales Placement Center on June 18, 2014. Associated Press/Ross D. Franklin
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:37 pm

Penner wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:20 pm
Laural Bush has spoken out and wrote an op-ed for the Washington Post:
Meanwhile, Bush, who almost never speaks out on political issues, broke partisan ranks in a Washington Post op-ed.

“I live in a border state. I appreciate the need to enforce and protect our international boundaries, but this zero-tolerance policy is cruel. It is immoral. And it breaks my heart,” she wrote.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politi ... al-n884136
Like Lara Bush is some paragon of integrity. Pfft. Tell that to the Iraqi kids that her husband had killed as collateral damage. Fucking loons, the lot of you.

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:54 pm

As repulsive as this entire mess is, where the hell is child protective services in the states where the children are being held? The workers aren't allowed to touch the children no matter how distraught they are. Toddlers are going into shock and those animals stand there and watch because someone told them to? That is blatant child abuse. The doctors who go into those centers are mandated reporters - if they don't report the abuse they should lose their licenses. Arrests should be made of the legals breaking the law.
:royalty-queen:

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:57 pm

MilSpecs wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:54 pm
As repulsive as this entire mess is, where the hell is child protective services in the states where the children are being held? The workers aren't allowed to touch the children no matter how distraught they are. Toddlers are going into shock and those animals stand there and watch because someone told them to? That is blatant child abuse. The doctors who go into those centers are mandated reporters - if they don't report the abuse they should lose their licenses. Arrests should be made of the legals breaking the law.
Where were all these bleeding hearts four years ago when all these photos were taken?

Penner

Post by Penner » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:00 pm

MilSpecs wrote:
Someone has already said it is a form of child abuse and she saw it first hand recently.
MCALLEN, Texas -- The battle over the Trump administration's "zero tolerance" policy on immigration is intensifying, as U.S. Border Patrol separates undocumented children from parents after the families cross into the country. The Department of Homeland Security confirms 1,995 children were separated from their parents between April 19 and May 31.

"It is a form of child abuse," Dr. Colleen Kraft, president of the American Academy of Pediatrics, told "CBS This Morning" co-host Gayle King. Kraft visited a Texas facility where children 12 years and younger are being held.

Kraft described seeing "very quiet" toddlers and one young girl under 2 years old "who was just sobbing and wailing and beating her little fists on the mat."

"I was told that you couldn't comfort or hold a crying child," Kraft said. "And we all knew that this child was crying because she wanted her mother, and we couldn't give that to her."

Kraft explained how stress increases levels of cortisol, "our fight-and-flight hormones."

"Normally that helps to protect us when there's a dangerous situation. In the instance where children are separated from their parents, the one buffer they have against these fight-or-flight chemicals is gone and so these children are on red alert all the time and they're not able to buffer these different hormones," Kraft said. "And what this can do is disrupt the synapses and the neurological connections that are part of the developing brain."
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/doctor-col ... ild-abuse/

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:04 pm

No better reason to speed up deportation. Make it < 24 hours - for the children.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Kath

Post by Kath » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:10 pm

MilSpecs wrote:
As repulsive as this entire mess is, where the hell is child protective services in the states where the children are being held?
I imagine that they are in the same spot as when this was happening under Obama, Bush. Jr., and probably longer. In the 80's I worked in restaurants. ICE would come do raids every couple of months. Some of those people I worked with had children.

I think the best thing to come out of this Trump presidency will be a better understanding, on both sides, on how exactly the same both parties are, save the wedge issues that they use to divide us.

Both parties have been generally the same on this issue, going back to Reagan, at least. Nixon may have been the last president to take it seriously.
Why are all the Gods such vicious cunts? Where's the God of tits and wine?

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:31 pm

Kath wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:10 pm
MilSpecs wrote:
As repulsive as this entire mess is, where the hell is child protective services in the states where the children are being held?
I imagine that they are in the same spot as when this was happening under Obama, Bush. Jr., and probably longer. In the 80's I worked in restaurants. ICE would come do raids every couple of months. Some of those people I worked with had children.

I think the best thing to come out of this Trump presidency will be a better understanding, on both sides, on how exactly the same both parties are, save the wedge issues that they use to divide us.

Both parties have been generally the same on this issue, going back to Reagan, at least. Nixon may have been the last president to take it seriously.
They didn't separate children from their families at the border, though, and then torture the little ones. I want to know who issued the order that distraught toddlers weren't to be touched? Or that frightened preschoolers couldn't be held? Are they trying to perform some kind of obscene psychological experiment on them? That's what they did to infant monkeys a couple of generations ago and it was shut down for being unethical. Now we're doing the same thing to human children? Someone needs to go to jail, first in line before the illegals.
:royalty-queen: