Literal Odds and Ends

Kath

Re: Literal Odds and Ends

Post by Kath » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:17 am

The kid had been trying to set up online summer school, to do course recovery, for about two weeks. Today, he's finally getting some sort of response from calling, but it's usually a recorded message, "we're pretty busy. call back soon."

He got through after numerous tries, they gave him a temp password, which isn't working, so he's trying to get back through to them.

Ahhh, the moment you learn that trying to get help from the government is pretty painful. Good life lesson going on here, today. :clap:
Why are all the Gods such vicious cunts? Where's the God of tits and wine?

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:17 pm

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/a-mob ... spartanntp

I'm not even mad. Go to the literal mecca of Mormans and pozz their city up and this is what you get. I don't like Mormans a whole lot but fuck. Just leave them alone.

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:51 am

TheReal_ND wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:17 pm

I'm not even mad. Go to the literal mecca of Mormans and pozz their city up and this is what you get. I don't like Mormans a whole lot but fuck. Just leave them alone.
I live about two miles from Laie which is home to BYU Hawaii. It is trippy as hell to drive through Temple grounds and see the Momos in their natural habitat. I will say that they do keep a super clean town and everything is closed on Sunday. (Except for the Momo gas station. Gotta get to temple, right?)

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:26 am

Haumana wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:51 am
TheReal_ND wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:17 pm

I live about two miles from Laie which is home to BYU Hawaii. It is trippy as hell to drive through Temple grounds and see the Momos in their natural habitat. I will say that they do keep a super clean town and everything is closed on Sunday. (Except for the Momo gas station. Gotta get to temple, right?)
I am perfectly willing to work with the Momos to maintain their enclosed ecosystem. Maybe just keep a base there. Maintain fair trade and have normal relations like any other nation. They don't deserve our riff-raff bumming around the place fucking up the beaches.

That is remarkable; they really take Sunday off? I wonder for what purpose if it's not because of Christianity. I'm fairly ignorant of the Hawaiian native's history but I know there is a lot of tension at times and an ethno-centric movement if I'm not mistaken.

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:32 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:26 am

I am perfectly willing to work with the Momos to maintain their enclosed ecosystem. Maybe just keep a base there. Maintain fair trade and have normal relations like any other nation. They don't deserve our riff-raff bumming around the place fucking up the beaches.

That is remarkable; they really take Sunday off? I wonder for what purpose if it's not because of Christianity. I'm fairly ignorant of the Hawaiian native's history but I know there is a lot of tension at times and an ethno-centric movement if I'm not mistaken.
Us too. They are such wholesome people for the most part. Every Sunday, they even keep the parking lot to the Hukilau beach closed on Sundays and Mormons aren't allow to go swimming. The Mormons tailored their message to Polynesians and eternal family is quite appealing to them. The ethno-centric movement is probably around 20% of Hawaiians actively living it if I had to hazard a guess.

I drive by this sign 2 or 3 times a week and almost everyone has a bumper sticker of it on their car.

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:53 pm

Haumana wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:32 pm
I drive by this sign 2 or 3 times a week and almost everyone has a bumper sticker of it on their car.
Leftin' & a-rightin' ain't a crime, you know
Well, I gotta tell the story before it's time to go

Are you ready for the Country?
Ain't I a sight to see?

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:45 pm

I love this guy...

https://what-if.xkcd.com/
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:06 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:45 pm
I love this guy...

https://what-if.xkcd.com/
That's what you call a smartass answer to a dumbass question. :lol:
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Kath

Post by Kath » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:51 pm

We've been doing clean up & purge of old memories. You can only save so much stuff. It's been fun going through it all. Below is probably during the time my great-uncle was in the Philippines. (1943.) In the bottom corner, you can see the army examiner had to inspect it.

Why are all the Gods such vicious cunts? Where's the God of tits and wine?

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:55 pm

You should not dispose of that.